Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Garda Síochána - COVID19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

AGAIN what evidence should Gardai demand before following the laws enacted by the democratically elected government?

The government that you, the people, elected and can replace in elections held within the legal framework of the Republic.

Just to state, the majority of people did not elect this current government.

I know your probably not referring to this specific government and more so the democratic way of things but I felt the need to say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭chewed

Do you still need to have an excuse (to the Gards) if you're travelling within the county or 20K limit? e.g. If I told the gard I'm just going for a drive, is that acceptable?

chewed wrote: »
    Do you still need to have an excuse (to the Gards) if you're travelling within the county or 20K limit? e.g. If I told the gard I'm just going for a drive, is that acceptable?

Yep, so long as you are within your limits, you don't need a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yep, so long as you are within your limits, you don't need a reason.

Originally that SI was set to expire 4th May ?

Anyone know how the provisions of SI 157 were revoked ?

I know your probably not referring to this specific government and more so the democratic way of things but I felt the need to say that.

I shall prepare the coup then so but be forewarned, i shall be a ruthless dictator

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    Originally that SI was set to expire 4th May ?

Anyone know how the provisions of SI 157 were revoked ?

We ain't there yet. They are meeting on Friday I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not this nonsense again, the people dont elect the govt here, the Dail does but even so the governing parties between them have just over 50% of the FPV, a majority in anyones eyes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod: I've just cleaned up the thread from off-topic rambling about other police forces.

RulesOfNature, this thread is about An Garda Siochana in the context of Covid-19, not a thread for you to thrown in random rants about foreign police forces. Now post on topic or don't post in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mikefromcork

Any guesses as to whether there will be many checkpoints for the bank holiday weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭chewed

Any guesses as to whether there will be many checkpoints for the bank holiday weekend?

If the weather is good, then lots I would imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Talking about digging a hole, so it seems they arrested the man who filmed the athlone church in the middle of the night under the mental health act and took away his kids to God knows where.
    Is there a lot more to this as it looks like retribution without knowing more.

https://twitter.com/AndyHeasman2/status/1389122128818196483?s=20

Do you believe every bit of rubbish that anyone writes on Twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Exactly Andy "Dyson" Heasman isn't exactly a reliable source...the other person involved...Dee fecking Wall....lol

There's a load of videos circulating, he was arrested under the mental health act at something like 3.30am, his kids were taken away. He's now released without charge, I'd assume he has the kids back by now.
    It's all on Video, you can see and hear it. Are you suggesting the Video and Guards involved are fake seen as it's rubbish?

gmisk wrote: »
    Exactly Andy "Dyson" Heasman isn't exactly a reliable source

So it's a fake?

https://twitter.com/PhilipDwyerNP/status/1388950006099546124?s=20

I am saying there is likely a lot more to it.
    The national party....Dee Wall and Andy "Dyson" Heasman...David Icke (lol) have a clear agenda.

gmisk wrote: »
    I am saying there is likely a lot more to it.
    The national party....Dee Wall and Andy "Dyson" Heasman...David Icke (lol) have a clear agenda.

That's the question I asked, is there a lot more to it as it appears there was not. It doesn't matter about the source it's irrelevant, it still happened. The agenda looks pretty clear.

That's the question I asked, is there a lot more to it as it appears there was not. It doesn't matter about the source it's irrelevant, it still happened. The agenda looks pretty clear.
    My point is there likely is let's see what comes out.
    The people involved have a history when it comes to being selective with stories like this.

You don't have to look far when it comes to for example Dee Wall and her adoption of Angela Ray and her battle against evil TUSLA (they took kids of her as she is a heroin addict). She was jailed for breaching a court order, given strict conditions to get her kids back, broke them...then got involved with loopers like Dee Wall who used her for publicity etc.

Like I said I would be very surprised if not a lot more to the story.

There can't be a lot more to it, a doctor checked him over while in custody and he got the all clear, and I'm not really believing this but apparently his mother was the one who made the complaint but she's dead.

He was down in longford trying to find his kids.

https://twitter.com/PhilipDwyerNP/status/1389015580900999168?s=20

I can see both sides of this the Guards must have been very annoyed with him as it ended with people on social media looking for their names and addresses to be called out and their houses targeted. It's all gone way over the top all because a few people wanted to go to mass.

There can't be a lot more to it, a doctor checked him over while in custody and he got the all clear, and I'm not really believing this but apparently his mother was the one who made the complaint but she's dead.

He was down in longford trying to find his kids.

https://twitter.com/PhilipDwyerNP/status/1389015580900999168?s=20

I can see both sides of this the Guards must have been very annoyed with him as it ended with people on social media looking for their names and addresses to be called out and their houses targeted. It's all gone way over the top all because a few people wanted to go to mass.
    ....So there is already maybe more to it?.....someone reported him?...

The gardai are doing their job. Doxxing them on social media etc is disgraceful and should be taken very seriously as it can have serious consequences.

• Advertisement

So what is the agenda then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The agenda looks pretty clear.

Does it? He appears to knock about with the National Party and Dee Wall and the like. The lowest of the low in Irish society. Scum. Thats a red flag for a start. Maybe it was a genuine call out and his children were in danger?

Fancy expanding on that agenda then?

The Nal wrote: »
    Maybe it was a genuine call out and his children were in danger?

Or the were trying to send a message, both theories just as plausible.

Or the were trying to send a message, both theories just as plausible.

Who was trying to send a message?

Who was trying to send a message?

NP probably, seems the most obvious culprit based on what we've seen.

So he had his children taken from him and he contacts the National Party for help? A party that received 0.2% of the vote in the last election.

Sounds mentally unwell to me.

Yea he should have aimed higher like someone elected on the 6th count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yea he should have aimed higher like someone elected on the 6th count.

The NP candidates were long eliminated by the 6th count so definitely the correct party to aim for :pac:

• Advertisement

"Oh sh1t my kids have been taken off me.... lets call Justin Barrett and Philip Dwyer". :confused:

Advertisement