Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super comfy maternity jeggings/joggers/jeans

Options
  • 02-04-2020 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Desperate times here in the clothes department!! I reckon I am down to 1 pair of jeans from next. I ordered jeans from h and m but they are so uncomfortable!

Looking for recommendations please of comfy bottoms. I don’t wear leggings!
    I am 20 weeks and still getting sick so don’t want anything that is too restrictive!
    Need to order online! One my first pregnancy I had the most amazing “yoga pants” from pennys they weren’t maternity but did the job. Would love to find something similar!

Thanks a million.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Millem wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Desperate times here in the clothes department!! I reckon I am down to 1 pair of jeans from next. I ordered jeans from h and m but they are so uncomfortable!

Looking for recommendations please of comfy bottoms. I don’t wear leggings!
    I am 20 weeks and still getting sick so don’t want anything that is too restrictive!
    Need to order online! One my first pregnancy I had the most amazing “yoga pants” from pennys they weren’t maternity but did the job. Would love to find something similar!

Thanks a million.
    :)

I used all "over the bump" style jeans. I can recommend Mothercare, H&M (although you have tried some from there, mine are basic black over the bump jeggings) and Red Herring.

I just lived in maternity jeans, haven't tried a yoga pants style, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I got various jeans but found the ones from asos to be the best. They had them in a long length also which suited me. I got the over the bump style. At full term now although I've never been a legging wearing girl that's what I've resorted to for comfort! Looking forward to wearing non maternity clothes again hopefully in the not too distant future!

The river island maternity jeans are supposed to be very good they have over/under the Bump style. Also the maternity spanx are supposed to be brilliant (they are leggings but not traditional legging material so not sure if you'd like them)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sprites wrote: »
    I used all "over the bump" style jeans. I can recommend Mothercare, H&M (although you have tried some from there, mine are basic black over the bump jeggings) and Red Herring.

I just lived in maternity jeans, haven't tried a yoga pants style, best of luck!

The problem with my h and m ones were I ordered “low rise” (didn’t realise at the time)!! Basically they feel so low so if I bend down you can see the big navy fabric band!! Maybe I need to get medium rise or high rise?

Nickibaby* wrote: »
    I got various jeans but found the ones from asos to be the best. They had them in a long length also which suited me. I got the over the bump style. At full term now although I've never been a legging wearing girl that's what I've resorted to for comfort! Looking forward to wearing non maternity clothes again hopefully in the not too distant future!

The river island maternity jeans are supposed to be very good they have over/under the Bump style. Also the maternity spanx are supposed to be brilliant (they are leggings but not traditional legging material so not sure if you'd like them)

Thanks a million I should probably convert myself to wearing leggings.....I usually wear long sleeved stretchy t shirt tops with a long vest underneath so think I need longer tops for leggings? Maybe I could find a pair that are thick?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Topshop jeans were my favourite when pregnant, although they are only under bump ones.
    Otherwise Seraphine make super comfy jeans.Bit of an investment, but I bought 1 pair that were worn to death.They do over and under bump styles.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Topshop jeans were my favourite when pregnant, although they are only under bump ones.
    Otherwise Seraphine make super comfy jeans.Bit of an investment, but I bought 1 pair that were worn to death.They do over and under bump styles.

Deadly I was thinking of looking there! This is number 3 so I kind of thought this “might” be the last one!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes, I had to get a pair on my third in Seraphine....was reluctant, but ended up being in need!Wore them endlessly though, and I got black ones so I could wear to work...worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

shesty wrote: »

Topshop were my favs by far, wore the knees out of all of mine. All pairs I had were over the bump ones, they do both styles. Bought more on my third and passed them onto my sister in law who loved them too!

Digs wrote: »
    Topshop were my favs by far, wore the knees out of all of mine. All pairs I had were over the bump ones, they do both styles. Bought more on my third and passed them onto my sister in law who loved them too!

Looked on top shop they are doing free delivery! What is the name of them? Also what is sizing like? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Millem wrote: »
    Looked on top shop they are doing free delivery! What is the name of them? Also what is sizing like? Thanks

I had these ones! I also had two other colours but can’t find a link to them, I bought them in 2015 though!! The band goes up nice and high on them. I found them true to size. I’m 5ft8 and they sat just a bit above my ankle. Any taller and they would probably be a tad short.

https://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/clothing-485092/maternity-485121/maternity-over-the-bump-32-indigo-jeans-9583820

https://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/clothing-485092/maternity-485121/maternity-over-the-bump-holding-power-joni-jeans-9271784

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I ordered some stuff online from a website called Seraphine. I got jeans and a couple of tops. Quality seems very good. Stuff arrived quickly too. They had a sale on recently. Might be still on. It's worth a look. If not you can get 20% off using code ATHOME. Just got an email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

River island maternity jeans get great reviews, though I’ve no personal experience. New look can be great, though can be bad either!
    Red herring were fab, think they’re gone bid though!
    I got some lovely tops from Dorothy Perkins last time, their bottoms might be worth a try if returns aren’t too much of a hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Seraphine leggings are so soft and comfy. Am living in them at the moment.

I ordered a few bits online. Dorothy Perkins arrived.....too big! But I will keep them as I will grow into them!
    Defo order a size down!!!

One h and m order arrived, maternity leggings....love love love them. Probably should of ordered a smaller size but maybe they might shrink!
    They are actually thick ones.

Still waiting on a few more bits and bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Boohoo.com have a great sale on at the moment, i got some lovely Maternity stuff.

I'm not big on spending for maternity for a few months.

Advertisement