Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data recovery from SD card

Options
  • 02-04-2020 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is in the right place. I recently made the mistake of formatting an SD card whilst it was in my Mavic Mini drone and deleted all data, about 30gb.

I'm trying to recover the data and tried using the disk drill software. It was able to find it, but can only extract 500mb in the free version and I would like to extract much more than that. I dont need the full 30gb but as much as possible. The cost on disk drill is about €100.

Was wondering is there any similar software or programmes that I could use instead? Don't mind paying something but €100 was a bit steep I felt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Recuva might work. Used it to recover files on a SD card in the past. The main issue is to do nothing else with the card as continual read/write cycles will decrease chance of success.

It's free with limited features, not sure which features are limited, maybe file size? Depends how files are managed by the drone software but I recovered approx 15 files up to 1GB each with free version, it may be capable of more.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've had some success with PhotoRec which is free. As mentioned by Ten Pin, the key thing with recovering from an SD card is to make sure you're recovering files to another location, and not accessing the card with anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Thanks folks, will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Hi guys,

Used the recuva program and seems to have restored pretty much everything, thanks for the help

Advertisement