Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

No WOW from Duffy for someone shaving their head.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

400K to play whatsapp clips on the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

Wtf? Wasyrnds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Unbelievable stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Some people think this is some sort of competition about who will deal with this rotten virus better. Ireland or the UK it's not over by a long shot yet

dvcireland wrote: »
    dee forbes on hearing joe looking for a raise

Wrong. Shed give it to him,shes terrified the bbc or cnn would whip him up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

coming up at 3pm, the trials and tribulations of a rookie radio broadcaster.

"...which button do I press..."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

More U.K and Bors bashing. We're great here in Ireland of course.

We do have our own unsavoury characters, of course; but that shower over there leave them dead in the water for disgraceful behaviour.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Great people for slapping each other on the back. That's this show in a nutshell. Joe is a sanctimonious, patronising,nasty piece of work.

• Advertisement

400K to play whatsapp clips on the air.

That the producer brought from her house

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Openly discussing the interconnectedness of all the media people and rte contributors now. They think its just a funny coincidence, tbh I think the incestuous nature of all that is fully lost on some of them, it's just so natural and engrained in them to use the connections relentlessly that they have no sense of perspective on how it looks to people on the outside, not that they give a damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the old bed sits would be handy at the moment ....

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    We do have our own unsavoury characters, of course; but that shower over there leave them dead in the water for disgraceful behaviour.

Gimme a break. We should be shining a light on the shambles of the PPE equipment,and Paul Reid. Our media are nothing more than cheerleaders now with the added diversion of Trump and Boris. Look over there!

2smiggy wrote: »
    the old bed sits would be handy at the moment ....

... as a transmission medium for the virus.

Hes only under pressure for time because he wasted the last 70 minutes on shyte talk.

• Advertisement

Gimme a break. We should be shining a light on the shambles of the PPE equipment,and Paul Reid. Our media are nothing more than cheerleaders now with the added diversion of Trump and Boris. Look over there!

I must be imagining it, then.
    Funnily enough I recall some bright shining light being shed on the quality of the PPE that arrived last week. I also recall a lot of criticism about the lack of sufficient PPE of all sorts.
    As I say, it's all a fantasy.

This guy is too sharp to be led down the road with Joe's usual inane patronizing line of questioning he has for the retired folks

WFT?

Joe's replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Is that Darcy?

Dear lord. 400k +++

• Advertisement

The most difficult story to listen to today was the old moors almanac story for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

You spoofer Joe, telling everyone to stay in using your sad, serious voice while you laughed along at the lady driving around to see the daffodils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Darcy going to be all maternal

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    Is that Darcy?

Yep. Right after d4bes invited him back onto the gravy train.

You spoofer Joe, telling everyone to stay in using your sad, serious voice while you laughed along at the lady driving around to see the daffodils.

I'm going out to look at the dandelions on the gravel pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Did Darcy just disconnet the news reader????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Is there any reason why the Duffster can't present the show from home I wonder?

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I must be imagining it, then.
    Funnily enough I recall some bright shining light being shed on the quality of the PPE that arrived last week. I also recall a lot of criticism about the lack of sufficient PPE of all sorts.
    As I say, it's all a fantasy.
    It was paying lip service. It was swiftly moved off the agenda. No hard questions of Paul Reid really.
    Do you remember the army trucks and garda outriders with RTE cameras to film the arrival? The Aer Lingus pilots on the Late late show? I'll bet you do.

It was paying lip service. It was swiftly moved off the agenda. No hard questions of Paul Reid really.
    Do you remember the army trucks and garda outriders with RTE cameras to film the arrival? The Aer Lingus pilots on the Late late show? I'll bet you do.

Are lingus pilots on the LLS. What a load of smoke blowing bollix. That's their job !!! Youd think they went to the dark side of the moon.

The advice relating to when you are safe to resume going outside, that had been meted out by those public health doctors, is not accurate. Of course it is a learning curve for them too, but those earlier tales from China of the disease having “come back again” in people were not without foundation as I have found out for myself and from the report about my front line relative in UK. The fact is the virus goes into apparent abatement for a short period and throws symptoms back up as it replicates again. I think it may last up to two months in activity/infectivity, accounting for its great infectivity in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Other than the first 15 minutes is it worth a listen back? Since 2.00 I've been "attending" the virtual funeral of a dearly departed friend who doyed by suicide in London in mid-March. Only for this c**t of a virus I'd have been over there.

Are lingus pilots on the LLS. What a load of smoke blowing bollix. That's their job !!! Youd think they went to the dark side of the moon.

It’s just trying to raise the morale of the nation. The trouble is that those of us who are forced into inactivity feel even more useless.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Other than the first 15 minutes is it worth a listen back? Since 2.00 I've been "attending" the virtual funeral of a dearly departed friend who doyed by suicide in London in mid-March. Only for this c**t of a virus I'd have been over there.

Horrible, horrible situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭shearforce

no...spells no

He’s risking himself getting it going back & forth to RTÉ which has so many potentially still infectious. Then that could be 5 locked up in Duffy Towers.n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Milage claim.

No, normally i just laugh at it or roll my eyes, but today it really annoyed me. Him asking for the lotto numbers boiled my blood. I probably shouldn't put myself through it. I really dislike Joe Duffy for all sorts of reasons, mainly his complete lack of self-awareness and insincerity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no , terrible show, no redeeming features at all really

2smiggy wrote: »
    no , terrible show, no redeeming features at all really

Not that it was good or even funny but just to note he played a watsapp clip of a baby laughing twice for no reason and also admonished the old people who went out driving that he was laughing along with previously.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    I want to hear more from Lauren after scrolling down through her twitter there..........

Is it just my warped mind, but that sounds a bit, well, smutty?

Most definitely not..absolutely not NO.

Really sorry for your loss SJ. It's a terrible state of affairs re funerals altogether. I know how you're feeling. Only today a friend let me know that a close relative of his died last night of this fookin pox. He wont be able to attend,I've missed 2 funerals,one of which I dearly would have liked to attend. It's just unnatural so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

No, normally i just laugh at it or roll my eyes, but today it really annoyed me. Him asking for the lotto numbers boiled my blood. I probably shouldn't put myself through it. I really dislike Joe Duffy for all sorts of reasons, mainly his complete lack of self-awareness and insincerity.
    Lookit, Joe doesn'n't give 2 shhits for you, de callers or anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

Voice changer loaned to prime time tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

cozar wrote: »
    Voice changer loaned to prime time tonight.

Was just about to post that too :D

It sounds like it has been on the smokes this while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

was at dentist last week tooth out so 2 speak, parked in docks. big hazmat testing facility wow sayz i till i see people coughing i ran.
    joe i will ring u 2mrw with all de details if you cover tiger king even for 15 mins.
    in dis time of trouble joe de razio boardsis are unwell as hue say
    can u pleaze get some loons on or a fight about famine memorials even.
    i plead with u joe please stop de inane and also dangerous guff u are outputting (cough cough cough)

• Advertisement

The advice relating to when you are safe to resume going outside, that had been meted out by those public health doctors, is not accurate. Of course it is a learning curve for them too, but those earlier tales from China of the disease having “come back again” in people were not without foundation as I have found out for myself and from the report about my front line relative in UK. The fact is the virus goes into apparent abatement for a short period and throws symptoms back up as it replicates again. I think it may last up to two months in activity/infectivity, accounting for its great infectivity in the world.

Indeed. I'm fairly sure I've got a low dose of the fecker, and I'll be remaining in self-isolation for weeks yet. Not that I'd notice the difference anyway.
    I firmly suspect there's a correlation between intensity and length of exposure and how hard you get hit - depending on individual robustness. In my case, I've always shrugged off this kind of chit, but there will be one I can't, sooner or later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BPKS wrote: »
    "You've probably heard of me":rolleyes:

There was an incredibly attractive (at the time) girl from Cork in University with me. The first time she spoke to me - after about 6 weeks in college - she introduced herself with
    "Hi, I'm Sinead, you've probably heard of me". I almost pissed myself laughing. She was not impressed, I was probably the first guy not to fall at her feet. I saw her a few years ago, the years have not been kind to her. Sad really.
    PieOhMy wrote: »
    'A mis-dial so to speak... a mist dial' - that doesnt even make sense!

There was a weather person on RTE who used to say "mist or fog" but it sounded like "Mr. Fog" so to speak. No, it wasn't Mr. Duffy.
    I have just heard of a relative who is a doctor working in UK and who had Covid-19 and thought she had recovered well. Returned to work and immediately fell sick again. The guidelines about this disease haven’t evolved well enough for definitive advice to be made about when one can return to “normal” activity as it is now.

Phase II caller, Phase II. That's what's going to happen when isolation stops.

Wat colour were de daffodils?

I could tell you stories....

I'll say this much, they're winning the media war.

Phase II.
    He’s risking himself getting it going back & forth to RTÉ which has so many potentially still infectious. Then that could be 5 locked up in Duffy Towers.n

Ironic really, spouting stay indoors and wash yer handz at every opportunity, then drives to work and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Joe reading de thread on de Oyepad
    tumblr_noetw3cpug1s141c3o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

zell12 wrote: »
    Joe reading de thread on de Oyepad
    tumblr_noetw3cpug1s141c3o1_500.gif

Which wan, so to speak? He made a big deal of telling us several times dat he duz use 2 EYEpads simultaneously at same time so to speak, yet I doubt personally he's even scratched 1% of its functionality so to speak. He talks of using 2 EYEpads de way a pilot talks about flying a 767.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Which wan, so to speak? He made a big deal of telling us several times dat he duz use 2 EYEpads simultaneously at same time so to speak, yet I doubt personally he's even scratched 1% of its functionality so to speak. He talks of using 2 EYEpads de way a pilot talks about flying a 767.

mb he has flight stimulator (sayz he) on it butters he cud virtually fly to france to make up no holliers there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement