Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Theres a pitch / playground near my house with a 'pitch closed' sign put up. I went for a run (solo) a few nights ago and a squad car pulled up to break up a group of 3 lads that were kicking a ball back and forth at the far end.

Squad car, lol. I love using that term with younger folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

pc7 wrote: »
    I know its awful and sad but they have to pick a point to not ventilate, its highly invasive, as the numbers grow they need to triage they cannot take in all the sick from care homes sadly.

As the crisis worsened rapidly in Italy, they were literally deciding on admission through a visual examination (a glance basically) who had a chance of surving on a ventilator and who didn't. They were deciding who got a chance to live.

We are not far from that situation here.

BTW, you need a ratio of 4 Nurses to 1 Ventilator for every once you have. Not often talked about, but you can see why this becomes an issue when you have staff shortages.

For muscle & bone aches, rubbing ibobrufen gel lightly along sides of arms and legs is very helpful, can be got otc in pharmacies.

Ah, have you forgotten about de miracle patches?

I should think anyone in Canada has at least one eye on the border

Brother lives there. They sound as dumb as a Trump supporter in Alabama to be honest.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

We are not far from that situation here.

Are we really at that point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A nonnny muss survey on de pandemic an' dat.
    https://covid4b6d4980.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5b6NunlDR35gLch
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

pc7 wrote: »
    Are we really at that point?

PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,673 ✭✭✭✭zell12

My ears are still burning from Effin Pri** earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Listening back now. This Clontarf lad is a fantastically Lahvlahn caller. Breathing at another level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

2smiggy wrote: »
    he's surprised that the older people are dying, rather than the fit and healthy ???

FFS

Couple of weeks ago he was pontificating that it wouldn't kill us ;)

Despite the fact that he has written numerous bukes, went to Trinity, and has the same education as Michael O’Leary (lol) we’re not dealing with an intellectual heavyweight here folks.

Intellectual;) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Despite the fact that he has written numerous bukes, went to Trinity, and has the same education as Michael O’Leary (lol) we’re not dealing with an intellectual heavyweight here folks.

You got the heavyweight part right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

They say don't touch your face eyes nose and mouth but IMO you could contract this by sticking your infected finger in your ear.

I could wrong for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Even if it does come it won't kill us".

His exact words.

• Advertisement

Surely a show filler-upper tamarah ?
    A great bunch of lads !!

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0408/1129416-ppe-supplies/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Were they both there at the same time early 80's I think.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Were they both there at the same time early 80's I think.

O’Leary is a few years younger so unlikely (but possible).

The quote refers to when O’Leary was on one day and Mr. Duffy took grace offense when asked by O’Leary something along the lines of “have you an actual question?”. Mr. Duffy lost it, and came out with the classic “I have the exact same education as you” line delivered in an angry and snarling tone. I think there was a “how dare you!” thrown in too.

Mr. Duffy’s logic would appear to be that if you went to Trinity all degrees are equal. Therefore in his eyes an Arts Degree of 3 years is the exact same as Medicine which takes 6, and so on.

Interesting logic.

Classic. He stumped Duffy, it took him a while to react even. He reacted for reactions sake.

• Advertisement

Colouring bukes dont count :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1129275/

These quotes read a bit more coherently than joe comes across on air. I would like to suggest a charity auction for the fibregade possibly featuring those watercolours!

These quotes read a bit more coherently than joe comes across on air. I would like to suggest a charity auction for the fibregade possibly featuring those watercolours!

DID YOU MISS THS AGAIN Mr. DUFFY?

ButtersSuki's Suggestions for Acts of Kindness for RTE Contractors:

Dear RTE Contractors,

How about those of you who take home more than EUR250,000 a year and who preach to us all constantly about being kind and generous and helping others donate your entire tax-efficiently paid monthly fees to the HSE/Government/Hospitals for the duration of the crisis? Some of you "earn" more in a month than a front-line Nurse will earn in a year. Some of you work less in a month than they do in a single shift in the current climate.

Think of the extra staff that could be paid for by this.
    Think how many ventilators could be purchased.
    Think of the amount of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) that could be bought.
    Think of the amount of facemasks for front-line workers.
    Think of the amount of hand sanitiser.
    Think of the food that could be bought for those on the front line.
    Think of the lives you could help save.

Most of you availing of this loophole have been "earning" megabucks for years - a few months will not hurt you financially. So instead of asking us what we can do, why not ask yourselves?

I await your replies.

Here's a new hobby suggestion for you and Tubs - donate your outrageous fees for 3 months to the HSE in the national interest.

What colour are the watercolours?

Broadcaster Joe Duffy is hard at work each day on Liveline :pac::pac::pac: but there is time for watercolours and magazines too.

"It’s what you do, when you have nothing to do that will define this emergency.

"While the majority of the great staff in RTÉ :pac::pac: are working off-site, programmes like Liveline need people to be in place. However, the Radio Centre is practically empty with those of us in situ sitting far apart.

"Everyone's routine has changed. My daily early morning gym and swim has gone. I miss the swimming most and am not hardy enough to brave the freezing waters off the Bull Wall like others who I now see on my early morning solitary walk.

"When you’ve nothing to do, why not try something new? I find dabbling with watercolours while listening to an audiobook extremely relaxing. You need just one brush, a small set of watercolours and heavy paper. Anyone can paint, just try it.

"Of course, everyone recommends reading. If you are a member of a public library you can access 'Borrow Box' for e-books and countless magazines. I love browsing these magazines, ending invariably up somewhere obscure like Motorhome Monthly.

"Why not keep a diary during the emergency? Apart from the therapy of writing, it also means that if you do get Covid-19 you can quickly consult and find out who you might have come in contact with recently.

"We are a great nation of talkers and writers and we can still do it with the aid of wonderful modern technology. Keeping in touch does not have to mean being in touch.

"The emergency reminds us what a rich tapestry of life courses through the veins of Irish society. I hope when this is over we will appreciate and support these wonderful activities from circuses to amateur dramatic groups.

"Remember - family, community, friends, neighbours will get us through times of no money :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: better than money would ever get us through times of no family, community, friends and neighbours.

"Stay well, look after each other."

A load of self-indulgent, back-slapping bollocks. Deluded, ivory-tower dwelling claptrap from an overpaid gobshoyte who contributes nothing and takes, takes, takes. You are a disgrace.

I'm led to believe that the Dordogne region is beautiful at this time of year ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

sligojoek wrote: »
    What colour are the watercolours?
    Black and grey.

O’Leary is a few years younger so unlikely (but possible).

The quote refers to when O’Leary was on one day and Mr. Duffy took grace offense when asked by O’Leary something along the lines of “have you an actual question?”. Mr. Duffy lost it, and came out with the classic “I have the exact same education as you” line delivered in an angry and snarling tone. I think there was a “how dare you!” thrown in too.

Mr. Duffy’s logic would appear to be that if you went to Trinity all degrees are equal. Therefore in his eyes an Arts Degree of 3 years is the exact same as Medicine which takes 6, and so on.

Interesting logic.

An Arts degree in Trinity takes 4 years caller, I’ll have you know.

The cat got a fright as I was squealing with laughter listening back to dat!

Right, we need a laugh. Will one of yizzers pleeeeease phone in and be a perfectly unreasonable caller. To set us up for de weekend. Pleeeeaz!

• Advertisement

An Arts degree in Trinity takes 4 years caller, I’ll have you know.

Depends on the course caller. Some take Tree.

The cat got a fright as I was squealing with laughter listening back to dat!

"The Hamlet of mock indignation"

In case any of you missed these, so to speak:
    http://www.rabble.ie/2016/02/04/gombeen-11-the-ringmaster-of-reaction/
    http://www.rabble.ie/2016/08/17/gombeen-12/

The images aren't displaying for me, but they were amusing too....so to speak.

Seize their cars; then tar, feather, and publicly name and shame every single one of these selfish cnuts:

https://twitter.com/sportsdes/status/1247958225976164352?s=20

I went for a walk after work yesterday (adhering to the 2km radius) towards the prom in Galway and walked past 3 different groups who I would say with 90% certainty are not local and had just arrived. Some were posing for photos by the sea, stuck out like sore thumbs etc unfortunately as a result of this I'm probably now not going to use the usual outdoor amenities available to me in my own locality for fear of comming into contact with these gimps.

I went for a walk after work yesterday (adhering to the 2km radius) towards the prom in Galway and walked past 3 different groups who I would say with 90% certainty are not local and had just arrived. Some were posing for photos by the sea, stuck out like sore thumbs etc unfortunately as a result of this I'm probably now not going to use the usual outdoor amenities available to me in my own locality for fear of comming into contact with these gimps.

Wat colour was de sea?

What fcukin part of "STAY AT HOME" do they have difficulty understanding?

Last Tuesday (Childrens allowance day), not far from here, there was a house party. 5 adults and 6 children in the same house. Cops arrived in a plain car and spent 20 minutes trying to convince "The lady of the house" to send her guests home.

Last Tuesday (Childrens allowance day), not far from here, there was a house party. 5 adults and 6 children in the same house. Cops arrived in a plain car and spent 20 minutes trying to convince "The lady of the house" to send her guests home.

This part:
    STAY AT HOME

Wat colour was de sea?

It was an azuuuuuuuuuure blue caller, almost inspired me to break out the watercolours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

No mention Wash Yer Handz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should have let off CS gas in the place and wait for them to exit so to speak, a simulation of the Covid for the lungs n eyes.

On FCR* Twoday we might have:

I expect a "Past The Point of Rescue" pun from Mr. Duffy.

*there's a prize for anyone who can guess what FCR is an acronym for, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

tell us caller !!

Padraic from yesterday and the poignant phorahgraph.

Joe at the point of choking up with tears.

Stay at home.

Nooorsing homes. Do not recussitate notices.

Wash yer hands.

A simple photgraph so to speak of a man looking into a window, it could be a chisler looking into Switzers' window so to speak. Last gimpse of his brudder before death, so to speak.
    giphy.gif

Innocence and pie-nenn-sea.

De man at de window, radio from yesterday.

Relatives in Nursing Homes so to speak. 85% of de residents have signed DNRs, but noone predicted dis so to speak.

WashyerHanz followed by a COMPLETE BALLS UP of de phone number and dat.

"STAY AT HOME" sez de fella who lives more than 2kms away.

• Advertisement

They should have let off CS gas in the place and wait for them to exit so to speak, a simulation of the Covid for the lungs n eyes.

If it wasn't for the children (2 to 6 approx) I'd be all for lobbing in a grenade.

Love de Galway prom, it provided a great aid to my recovery from strangulated bowel op May 2018. The cool soothing water was terrific for sore abdominal muscles. Somebody threw a ball too far into the water for their old dog to fetch, so I had to swim out a bit in the waves to fetch it myself.

A simple photgraph so to speak of a man looking into a window, it could be a chisler looking into Switzers' window so to speak. Last gimpse of his brudder before death, so to speak.
    giphy.gif

Innocence and pie-nenn-sea.

De man at de window, radio from yesterday.

Relatives in Nursing Homes so to speak. 85% of de residents have signed DNRs, but noone predicted dis so to speak.

WashyerHanz followed by a COMPLETE BALLS UP of de phone number and dat.

"STAY AT HOME" sez de fella who lives more than 2kms away.

It was AFTER death, caller.

My Easter corner. Have hung eggs off de olive tree on my balcony and just put out Christmas lights.

My Easter corner. Have hung eggs off de olive tree on my balcony and just put out Christmas lights.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement