Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Thank heavens I am now 100% clear of all Covid symptoms, and I am hopeful I have plenty of lovely antibodies, at least for some time:)

However when I tell people I am out the other side of it the look of terror is something to behold. One young couple came up close to me and I told them to back off. They literally ran. As yet I think people haven’t encountered anyone who has had a case of it. For some reason people think it’s very painful, when in fact influenza far betters it in that department. It’s the air exchange in the lungs where it does most of its mischief.

Good to hear you are out the other side, so to speak.......Well done, well done.
    I assume you will be ringing the Lavhloin next week?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Good to hear you are out the other side, so to speak.......Well done, well done.
    I assume you will be ringing the Lavhloin next week?

The mention of being at my worst part (SPO2 82% per pulse oximeter) in the desert with only dirt roads for hours, no medical services, never mind ambliances or ventilators, would have him salivating at de terror of possible impending death. It just shows, though, if you originally have good lung capacity it is possible to recover from a potentially dangerous state without intervention...though I wouldn’t recommend it.

My lovely balcony with a view has provided great solace whilst I was unwell & self isolating. In summer it gets just toooo hot sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

My lovely balcony with a view has provided great solace whilst I was unwell & self isolating. In summer it gets just toooo hot sometimes.

Glad to see you're on the mend. Does that plant in the centre of the photograph in the metal support have maroon flowers ?

If it does would you know the name of it. I have one the same that flowers with dainty little maroon flowers. It's very delicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ve just realised I’ve worked twice as many hours in the last 3 days as his majesty does in a month. I actually feel physically sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Are you getting a break today BS?

I thought of you today when I was talking to a friend of mine on the Isle of Wight. She was telling me about her father buying a new two door Mercedes a few months before he died and now it's hers. My eyes and ears lit up and asked her was it a CLK 200 or an SL 350 or a full blown AMG V12 twin turbo.

"Ummm. It's silver."

sligojoek wrote: »
    Are you getting a break today BS?

I thought of you today when I was talking to a friend of mine on the Isle of Wight. She was telling me about her father buying a new two door Mercedes a few months before he died and now it's hers. My eyes and ears lit up and asked her was it a CLK 200 or an SL 350 or a full blown AMG V12 twin turbo.

"Ummm. It's silver."

De wimmin and de vehicles eh?

I’m in twoday so to speak, so imagine my joy at being awake at 4:07 and dat? Thankfully, the knowledge dat Mr. Duffy is resting is both reassuring and comforting so to speak, not to mention inspiring. I thank him for his service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I’m in twoday so to speak, so imagine my joy at being awake at 4:07 and dat? Thankfully, the knowledge dat Mr. Duffy is resting is both reassuring and comforting so to speak, not to mention inspiring. I thank him for his service.

H mmm.... other dark clouds infesting the airwaves as usual on Bank Holiday.

Unfortunately most of us are confined to an extent...........

Wimmens and ve-hickles, eh. I’ll have you know this wimmens knows her way around an internal combustion engine. Was made service me faaaader’s Ford Consul as a yung ‘un. Me faaader’s mudder drove cars (in the 30s) when her husband didn’t. My mother did her own industrial sewing machine repairs, she fitted in ports to my new very expensive compewter in 1995, well before days of USB ports. Her mudder did all the electrical work around the house, her faaader not having a clue about such things.

I knew a woman who used to service aircraft during WW2. Nothing in women, apart from culture, that would stop them being versatile at all dat. In fact I would have done mechanical drawing for leaving very had that been made available. For sheer fun I have looked at the exam papers, was a natural for it.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Glad to see you're on the mend. Does that plant in the centre of the photograph in the metal support have maroon flowers ?

If it does would you know the name of it. I have one the same that flowers with dainty little maroon flowers. It's very delicate.

Mena, it’s Clematis Alpina Blue Dancer, a beautiful flower https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/77762/Clematis-Blue-Dancer-(A)/Details. I also have a Blue Moon rose on the balcony in addition to my olive tree that actually produces olives. There’s another small purple rose on one of the rail pots, a grape vine that doesn’t produce grapes , a white pineapple flavoured strawberry, lovage, chamomile, rosemary and catmint for de cat. Lotta purple flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I’ve just realised I’ve worked twice as many hours in the last 3 days as his majesty does in a month. I actually feel physically sick.

Thank you for your service.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Thank you for your service.

If you’re being serious Brian, you’re welcome. You’ll understand that I am however somewhat skeptical given our past?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

You're clearly not accounting for all the "research" he does. Trawling through rip.ie and phoning up old ego massaging mates doesn't just happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Mena, it’s Clematis Alpina Blue Dancer, a beautiful flower https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/77762/Clematis-Blue-Dancer-(A)/Details. I also have a Blue Moon rose on the balcony in addition to my olive tree that actually produces olives. There’s another small purple rose on one of the rail pots, a grape vine that doesn’t produce grapes , a white pineapple flavoured strawberry, lovage, chamomile, rosemary and catmint for de cat. Lotta purple flowers.

Thanks Cat, I may have been mistaken. It looked very like a plant I have and didn't know the name of. When mine flowers it's maroon like the colour of the Galway jersey. I can't remember where I got it or if somebody gave it to me. Thanks for replying.

Thats a gorgeous view!

So out of boredom as I sat in solitude in the hospital the other day on my break I entered the on-pack Coca Cola comp and won a Sky Sports Day Pass for Now TV. If anyone would like it drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Aha! you do have Skoiy Sports! Typical Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Eh, seeing as the Ciara Kelly thread is closed, does anyone know why she isn't hosting today? :/

Edit: Oh it is Ciara, she just sounds completely different.

withless wrote: »

And a power shower as well, no doubt.

• Advertisement

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Thanks Cat, I may have been mistaken. It looked very like a plant I have and didn't know the name of. When mine flowers it's maroon like the colour of the Galway jersey. I can't remember where I got it or if somebody gave it to me. Thanks for replying.

The maroon clematis’ are really nice too.

Nursing home deatths in de Yew Kay.

Siomething something Sinn Fein candidate corona virus.

Brenda power id a leaving cert parent so to speak.

Postponing exams is stressful on "young People"

s1ippy wrote: »
    Eh, seeing as the Ciara Kelly thread is closed, does anyone know why she isn't hosting today? :/

Edit: Oh it is Ciara, she just sounds completely different.

Side effect of the voirus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- yew-K under estimating deaths, shocking revelation that they have not included care homes ( who did not know this ???)
    - Mary Lou recovered, she hadn't gone away you know (edit: think it was Mary Lou they said, could be someone else !!!)
    - teachers cannot wurk during their holidays. they are flat out at the moment as it is
    - stress of the leaving cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Liveline Text Poll.

The Leaving Certificate is overrated.

Text Yes or No to Joe.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

On twodaze show and dat.....but most likely not on twodaze show so to speak:

CV19 and de shocking revelation at Nooorsing Home Deaths were not being recorded in de Yew Kay - WHOY?

Every death is shocking.

De good news is Mary Lou has it sez he, den sez de good news is she'll be back to work so to speak next week.

Teachers will not be forced to work in July because Brenda Power is a parent so to speak.

De issue of de Leaving Cert stress is very, very, very stressful sez he. A man of so many words and dat.

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »

I don't actually, hence WHOY I'm willing to give someone me voucher and dat.....I can't give it away it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Whacker Junior, rings in from the Bluebell Canal Bank.

"..i wuz sirposted to be going to Shagaluf after the leaving..."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Nursing home deatths in de Yew Kay.

Siomething something Sinn Fein candidate corona virus.

Brenda power id a leaving cert parent so to speak.

Postponing exams is stressful on "young People"

To be fair, I can understand it being tough on de young peeple. I remember my own leaving cert (20 years later I still have the dreams), imagine it being your own LC and being told "It might be cancelled. No, it's in June, No, Maybe August, No possibly September, actually probably July".

To be fair, I can understand it being tough on de young peeple. I remember my own leaving cert (20 years later I still have the dreams), imagine it being your own LC and being told "It might be cancelled. No, it's in June, No, Maybe August, No possibly September, actually probably July".

I know. My daughter is going off the head over it. She was all geared up for it and has put in some serious work. She's even studying as we speak, so to speak. If they keep putting it off the momentum will be gone. I keep telling her everybody is in the same boat and she won't be at a disadvantage.

I don't actually, hence WHOY I'm willing to give someone me voucher and dat.....I can't give it away it seems!

Probably cos there's no sport going on at the minute.

• Advertisement

Probably cos there's no sport going on at the minute.

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

But they could take de voucher so to speak and use it when de sport comes back so to speak.

I know. My daughter is going off the head over it. She was all geared up for it and has put in some serious work. She's even studying as we speak, so to speak. If they keep putting it off the momentum will be gone. I keep telling her everybody is in the same boat and she won't be at a disadvantage.

Wat colour is de boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

CV19 and de shocking revelation at Nooorsing Home Deaths were not being recorded in de Yew Kay - WHOY?

Every death is shocking.

De good news is Mary Lou has it sez he, den sez de good news is she'll be back to work so to speak next week.

Teachers will not be forced to work in July because Brenda Power is a parent so to speak.

De issue of de Leaving Cert stress is very, very, very stressful sez he. A man of so many words and dat.

Really hoping the last 2 topics get some good airtime as there is potential to kick off but as we know it's more likely to be taking to someone who recently had a death in the family for over an hour.

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

But they could take de voucher so to speak and use it when de sport comes back so to speak.

You could head down to Moore street and try to flog it there !

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Really hoping the last 2 topics get some good airtime as there is potential to kick off but as we know it's more likely to be taking to someone who recently had a death in the family for over an hour.

"Stress is very, very stressful" - could be the next thread tile, though there'll be a lot of competition for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

dvcireland wrote: »
    Whacker Junior, rings in from the Bluebell Canal Bank.

"..i wuz sirposted to be going to Shagaluf after the leaving..."

When the ash cloud grounded the flights some years back so to speak the youth could have still gone to such locations as glorious Dollymount Beach for cans and royding, now that avenue is closed, such a hard life nowadays.

Every death is shocking.

I assume that Joe’s munchkins are trying to contact Mary Lou to get her to ring in and ‘talk to Joe’ ...............(as we know it’s a caller driven show).

Listening to de tranny about those blatantly refusing to comply, eg the couple who would give their names to the Gardaí. I feel evil thinking this, but I hope they get a miserable (not fatal) prolonged dose of de virus and have to be locked up in a boring place of detention pending full recovery. :(

Mary Lou seems to have had a fairly similar course of de voirus as meself.

Listening to de tranny about those blatantly refusing to comply, eg the couple who would give their names to the Gardaí. I feel evil thinking this, but I hope they get a miserable (not fatal) prolonged dose of de virus and have to be locked up in a boring place of detention pending full recovery. :(

Misread this initially and thought there was some of LGBTQ incident

• Advertisement

Mary Lou seems to have had a fairly similar course of de voirus as meself.

I’m not usually into conspiracy theories, but have yourself and Mary Lou ever been seen in the same place at the same time?;)

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Misread this initially and thought there was some of LGBTQ incident

Mr. Duffy doth call a radio either a wireless so to speak, or in de case of de Dubalin Bus Drivers and dat....a tranny.

So far neither Woke McDermott nor Jennifer Gannon have called in to complain about this. Yet.

Dorotty Duffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Remarkable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

A piece already.

"How are you?"

I don't like the sound of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

DEATH! Where have you been?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild