Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    A memorial wall?
    FFS, what next?
    A Day of Commeroration every year to remember the Fallen in the Covid War?
    Gettup dat yard.

A memorial wall made from de faulty PPE from China.
    boardise wrote: »
    Reminds me of an old Scottish joke

Jock knocks on Hamish McTaggart's door -wife answers. '''Ah Mary , is Hamish at home ?
    Mary says tearfully 'No-he passed away suddenly last night'
    Jock: '' Listen , did he say anything to you about a tin of red paint ?''

( Am sidling unobtrusively towards the side entrance)

Mr. Duffy: A cheap auld tin a red paint?
    Would money help?

I think Mr. Duffy has enough of it already.
    Del.Monte wrote: »
    Joe was President of the Students Union and he went to TCD too - I bet none of yous knew that. :D

I didn't even know he went to Trinity...........
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

RobertKK wrote: »
    They might prefer to give the new fridge freezer because they want the broken one back to see the design flaw that caused the incident.
    Oh yeah you could be right.
    I just don't get people seemingly sueing for nothing. It also buries the real claims.
    My mum had a horrendous fall in Tesco a few years back, definitely not her fault, but they fight every claim tooth and nail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Nine honours, no less. In the leaving cert
    9 honours, means 9 C's in pass level subject ...

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Donna's call really put me in a good mood. That's gold for me!

"Waterfalls of tears"

She brought back the worst sort of memories of working with the public, where this type of attention-seeker can take an entire working day to sort out, to the detriment of decent service to the majority. They are an absolute plague and cause endless headaches and live for the disturbance they cause. They set out doing stuff (like yer wan today taking photos) that they know right well will get them into hot water, just to stir a sh1tstorm.

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh yeah you could be right.
    I just don't get people seemingly sueing for nothing. It also buries the real claims.
    My mum had a horrendous fall in Tesco a few years back, definitely not her fault, but they fight every claim tooth and nail.

If Donna takes a case, and I believe she will make it her priority, we will hear about it. Some dodgy solicitor will take her on, she will insist on going to court when Tesco don’t cough up, and she will be doing a Gofundme to lay her legal bills. I bet she has history behind her, that type always does.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    9 honours, means 9 C's in pass level subject ...

She probably has memory enough to regurgitate everything, but not enough intelligence to make her crammed knowledge usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

How does an interior designer not know how to take good photos and then call themselves a luddite :confused:

It's pretty much their job to research ideas and put different looks together! If you cannot use a camera and computers GTFO

Ah Donna. Tesco HQ will have a solicitors letter before the end of the week. Nothing cures mortification like a cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

She brought back the worst sort of memories of working with the public, where this type of attention-seeker can take an entire working day to sort out, to the detriment of decent service to the majority. They are an absolute plague and cause endless headaches and live for the disturbance they cause. They set out doing stuff (like yer wan today taking photos) that they know right well will get them into hot water, just to stir a sh1tstorm.

During college I worked part time facing the general public and it was a life lesson for me in the importance of having a career where I do not interact with the sorts you have mentioned above. It's funny looking back and I have a few stories from the loopers I saw but I cudnt do it every day. Just goes to show how tough it might be be for nurses dealing with these people when they are scared and even more unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

mikemac2 wrote: »
    How does an interior designer not know how to take good photos and then call themselves a luddite :confused:

It's pretty much their job to research ideas and put different looks together! If you cannot use a camera and computers GTFO

Ah Donna. Tesco HQ will have a solicitors letter before the end of the week. Nothing cures mortification like a cheque

I'd put money that a lot of her designs feature 'live, laugh, love' decals plastered all over interior walls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭zell12

We only got Donna's entire life history there
    Even when Joe tried to hurry her along, she went back to her theme

• Advertisement

Is this Donna lady worth listening back to for tips on how to sue supermarkets so you speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I missed the start of Donna. What was her actual problem in the first place?

Is this Donna lady worth listening back to for tips on how to sue supermarkets so you speak?

Definitely worth it, but be warned she is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

sligojoek wrote: »
    I missed the start of Donna. What was her actual problem in the first place?

We were near the end of the story before we even got to the problem

Had to get past the polypockets and the fruit n´veg and the camera before we knew what the call was about

You missed nothing

urgelgru wrote: »
    I want to hear Joe say "Post viral pleurisy"

I want to hear him pronounce takotsubo cardiomyopathy

Look up Donna Marketing Interior Design and you have her straight away. Seems very well able to draw. Looking for a job. I wonder would my cousin employ her, gawd, hope not.

Edit -seems never to have had a job. I wonder whoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I listened back as I saw the thread was so active. That one was absolutely unbelievable. The people in this world, I just despair. Mixed with the leaving cert panic attackers and Duffy's death parade, it's a solid Y in the text poll. Y for washyourhands, N for Leaving Cert.

Look up Donna Marketing Interior Design and you have her straight away. Seems very well able to draw. Looking for a job. I wonder would my cousin employ her, gawd, hope not.

Edit -seems never to have had a job. I wonder whoy.

De tick plottens.

De tick plottens.

If you take the hand drawings at face value, she is very capable and talented in her sphere. But somebody who has never claimed to have held down any employment of any kind since initially qualifying in 1988 raises some suspicions. Sone people, by the way they carry on, are I think unemployable. My guess is that the freelance work isn’t paying all the bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Can someone pm the link of Donna please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Good name for Joe's croime story; Joe Duffy Presents: De Thick Plottens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Can someone pm the link of Donna please

Her partner becomes her husband and she doesn't do social media.

Chack my WhatsApp. :)

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21749902

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Just turned the radio on there, Donna is still going strong hours later "ye know Joe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭cozar

Donna is worthy of inclusion in the liveline gold thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

The beauty of being stupid is you'll never notice the impact it will have on the people around you. She is thick as a plank.

• Advertisement

I'll have a proper listen back now.

THat's the worst of school and work being off. Too many other people making noise around the place. I'll have to take to the car or the shed tomorrow if it's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Her partner becomes her husband and she doesn't do social media.

Chack my WhatsApp. :)

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21749902

No sorry the link from the internet about her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

She wasn't the full shilling was she? Joe should have cut it short - save her further embarrassment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

fryup wrote: »
    She wasn't the full shilling was she? Joe should have cut it short - save her further embarrassment
    He actually tried to a few times but was washed away in the torrent.

Just had a proper listen back to her there now. What a fcukin weapon.

She was needlessly in contact with 4 staff and 5 or 6 guards.

Chances are that HSE person was genuine and between shifts.

None of her business what was on the document in the polly_pocket. (Sounds like a child's toy).

Nobody else gave her any hop so she rang Duffy.

Him and RTE shouldn't have given her 5 minutes.

Joe have her the sympathetic ear all the way. Sighing and grunting into my headphones.

Whomever asked earlier, yes. Donna should go in the GOLD thread. Bit like the BOLD step but with added audio

• Advertisement

He actually tried to a few times but was washed away in the torrent.

You mean the waterfall of tears?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Stupid:
    -Taking photos (outside, or more likely, inside)
    -Ambling around the place aimlessly "Waiting for Veg"
    -Definitely not behaving the way that was described to Gardaí or they wouldn't have called so many reinforcements
    "these were no ordinary guards..." I thought she was going to say "they were SUPERGUARDS"
    -letting her blather for that long. Low-light of my day and I only skipped through it in about two minutes

s1ippy wrote: »
    Stupid

Low-light of my day and I only skipped through it in about two minutes

Absolutely

I made it to about eleven minutes then started to hop through it. I don’t know whether that makes me brave or sad (please don’t answer that, I’m best left in ignorant wonderment) but she should never have been allowed mither on so long.

My sympathies to those of you who listened live to 21 minutes of it. Well done, well done!

I didn't get a chance to listen back so to speak, I might try tonight as it'll be a late one with paperwork and dat.

For those of you who want a copy of de first poem from yesterday, here it it so to speak:
    https://twitter.com/LMBER/status/1250060101995683841/photo/1

Mr. Duffy was full of praise for it, writing a wonderfully lengthy review of it so to speak:
    https://twitter.com/joeliveline/status/1250060893792149505?s=20

I suspect de researchers are frantically trying to contact these two Irish "teenagers" in De Yew Kay:
    https://twitter.com/finn_mcredmond/status/1250075629778874377/photo/1

Was chatting to a nurse last night on a break who was from out forden so to speak who was telling me she's here in Ireland over 20years now. I almost asked her "where are you from originally?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Listening to Donna there. I am surprised Joe didn't ask her how long it took her to write the almanac from last week, with all the mind reading she did with the group of 3 women.

Also a certain radio reviewer is going to love Joe being moved to tears by the poem.

Was chatting to a nurse last night on a break who was from out forden so to speak who was telling me she's here in Ireland over 20years now. I almost asked her "where are you from originally?".

How do you know she's forden. What does a forredener look like?

sligojoek wrote: »
    How do you know she's forden. What does a forredener look like?

She did de accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

very sad, but something that has to be done really, if the number of cases are building up

i could imagine some very angry callers thou !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    very sad, but something that has to be done really, if the number of cases are building up

i could imagine some very angry callers thou !!

As I've mentioned/hinted at a few times on here we will get to that stage where it's a yes/no decision as to whether you get a ventilator. The numbers just don't work on the required scale.

Anger and compassion

Private nursing homes

Hairdressers. Dye another day.

Guards, great bunch o lads.

Pestilence

Donna clip.

Calibrating rules and regulations.

De cocooned want to get out.

Hardwares and garden centres should be open

- angry people at the nursing homes , not doing enough for them
    - hairdresser talking about the dangers of dyeing your own hair !!!
    - more about Donna 'challenging' health wurkers getting to the top of the queue
    - over 70's want out of the house , and people want hardware stores open (makes sense)

Linda Rondstand singing Mexican songs so to speak - Woke McDermott and Jennifer Gannon will complain.

POSSIBLY on twodaze show:

Lots of people are angry, but compassion is out dare too at de Nooooorsing Homes and day. Can anything be done to help dem even more?

Hairdresser complains about dye, 'dye another day' sez Mr. Duffy.

On a more serious note - de Gardai have universal praise since de pestillence visited us. Cue Donna from yesterday, one word buried anudder, visited by FOYVE Gardai no less. Mr. Duffy forgot to come back after laying de clip.

Over 70s - could we be allowed out so to speak for an hour.

Can hardware shops open?

Mr. Duffy will be taking a very very long beak-een after de virus duz go away and dat so to speak. This really is eating into his break-eens, normally by now he'd have had 4 weeks off. very incosiderate of de virus so to speak.

As I've mentioned/hinted at a few times on here we will get to that stage where it's a yes/no decision as to whether you get a ventilator. The numbers just don't work on the required scale.

today's show will prove your point, people not realising that there is not enough facilities to cover people in their 70/80s in bad health. Tough decisions are/will be made. Not sure when this will sink in with people ....

My past next door neighbour, who was a young doctor, used to come in and chat with us about this, that discrimination must occur under some circumstances. Part and parcel of the job. My mother enjoyed tossing a few dilemmas at him, citing two cases probably of equal “merit” and complexity so to speak and asking which he would choose.

My past next door neighbour, who was a young doctor, used to come in and chat with us about this, that discrimination must occur under some circumstances. Part and parcel of the job. My mother enjoyed tossing a few dilemmas at him, citing two cases probably of equal “merit” and complexity so to speak and asking which he would choose.

Wat colour was de young doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I'm not a statistic Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,545 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Iranians have the answer to testing, no need to wait around for results so to speak...

https://ifpnews.com/iran-develops-smart-system-detect-coronavirus-5-seconds/amp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement