Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

dvcireland wrote: »
    Tomorrow Joe has Twink and her extended family lined up

I'd listen to that if her ex was on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Missed it by attending a conference Pilates class given by a friend in London. De show seemed woeful. Will somebody bloody well phone in and stir it up for tomorrow....pleeeeee-aaz!

Outgoing calls only by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

dvcireland wrote: »

This virus will kill many well known names. Celebrity or money doesn’t protect anyone from it, though it might get you tested first.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Outgoing calls only by the looks of things.

Dee Forbes must have got a stern warning from de gubbermint not to be letting de hoi polloi phone in with their boasting of breaching the rules to protect against spreading/catching de voirus, especially when de host does be chuckling, admiring de bravado so to speak. If this is so it will be more like today for de foreseeable, or else the producers will be required to screen calls very carefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This virus will kill many well known names. Celebrity or money doesn’t protect anyone from it, though it might get you tested first.

Ouch.Be kind Cat :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I’d be sh1tting it now if I was Brendan Gleason, that was like a eulogy show today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

RTE must be fuming they won't get a Late Late tribute show out of them individually.

My Trump-loving friend in de Yew Ess Ay told me today that her niece’s boyfriend’s flat-sharer just died of Covid-19. He was only 32 and very fit and healthy. Seems to. Ace launched that healthy naive immune system response of a cytokine storm. You are better off being a healthy person who has gone down with the unserious misery of having had every bug going in the past, your immune system won’t go over the top, it will be effective but laid back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jeez Cat that’s so young, have they proven the ace theory yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jesus, wat did I miss today? An unmerciful sh*t show by the sounds of it, and not one dissenting voice on the many cries of “worst show ever”.....dat in itself is a first so to speak.

pc7 wrote: »
    Jeez Car that’s so young, have they proven the ace theory yet

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/new-study-sheds-light-on-coronavirus-infection-mechanism

It seems it is HIGHLY infectious. I think they will probably discover that talking is biggest mechanism of spread because people invariably spit when talking.

When collecting de cat I parked outside, got the nurse to put his cat box down outside the premises, and I then went over to pick it up as she retreated to the door and I did the payment over the phone. Vet services are so important, and they are still providing a full Essential service, except for grooming.

The cat is looking fantastic, way better than when he had the bone cancer, a different animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

TOP CAT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Jesus, wat did I miss today? An unmerciful sh*t show by the sounds of it, and not one dissenting voice on the many cries of “worst show ever”.....dat in itself is a first so to speak.

Anyone that stuck it out to the end has a consumption likely to survive the virus, it was dat bad. I switched off after half an hour. I was hoping for liveline gold to alleviate the boredom but it was not to be.

Anyone that stuck it out to the end has a consumption likely to survive the virus, it was dat bad. I switched off after half an hour. I was hoping for liveline gold to alleviate the boredom but it was not to be.

Are we talking FunnyFryday bad or worse, so to speak, if that’s possible?

Brendan Gleeson will probably croak from stomach or bowel cancer,Duffy blew so much smoke up his ass.

Brendan Gleeson will probably croak from stomach or bowel cancer,Duffy blew so much smoke up his ass.

Next thread title: Lahn Lahn, De Mr. Mercedes talks to Mr. Jaguar Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I think we should offer Gleeson our thanks for proving there are worse things than the corona virus out there. Cheers Brendan.

Should I listen back to hear how bad it really was so to speak?

I'd rather go for root canal.

• Advertisement

It was so low you would have to reach up to touch the bottom

No, no, no, no, it’s muck, really don’t waste your life or time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Did it last the whole show?

withless wrote: »

I don't know but I didn't last. I tackled a job fixing one of the teenagers bicycle's brakes and gears. I hate working on bicycles more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

"both man and master in the night are one
    All things are equal when the day is done
    The Prince and the ploughman
    The slave and the freeman
    All find their comfort in old John o dreams"

withless wrote: »

I don’t know, but I suspect so. It was so bad I made a major event in my day that of stacking the dishwasher. And, some time after that, the event of turning it on

Enviro cycle, in case you wondering.

IT WAS STUPIFYINGLY POOR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

This is the show we get when pc7 can listen.

No offence but, feck off pc7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I usually leave it on and record it while doing other things but todays show was an advert for an old folks place in Ratheny that Brendans floks spent their time in.

I couldn't leave it on it was that bad.

My own theory about de voirus: caused largely by speech spitting. And which letter is de sportiest of dem all but de letter P. Given my theory de country with de most plosive Ps in its language should have de most cases per head of population. Now de problem is I’m not a linguistics expert an dat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I wash my hands after getting back from the shops and when I think I need to but it dawned on me today that i could have CV19 and not know so I should wash hands before going shopping so not to spread it.

I'm fairly up on this but didn't hear that said.

Yes CV19 Joe speak. :)

My own theory about de voirus: caused largely by speech spitting. And which letter is de sportiest of dem all but de letter P. Given my theory de country with de most plosive Ps in its language should have de most cases per head of population. Now de problem is I’m not a linguistics expert an dat

Udder big spit emissives, so to speak, would include T, K, S, Sh. So de gubbermint could ban people from using any wurds day contain de above, Joe could lead de way on his show, showing dr way of Covid-Safe Enunciation. CSE for short.

Piss poor analogy, so to speak

Piss poor analogy, so to speak

Yew and yer ANALogics so to speak :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Have you ever dropped a concrete block on your big toe?
    You'd rather do that, I can assure you.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I wash my hands after getting back from the shops and when I think I need to but it dawned on me today that i could have CV19 and not know so I should wash hands before going shopping so not to spread it.

I'm fairly up on this but didn't hear that said.

Yes CV19 Joe speak. :)

I think I’ve heard somewhere that you should wash your hands before you go out to, and when you come back from, the shops.

• Advertisement

I think I’ve heard somewhere that you should wash your hands before you go out to, and when you come back from, the shops.

Some people used to wash their hands before the SARS2 or SARS-CoV-2(that's de Coronavirus so to speak. or CV19 as some gobshoyte insists on calling it) hit. I know, right? Who'd have thought it?

Gentlemen, did you know you're really supposed to wash your hands both before and after you use the lavatory so to speak? Also, not much use in washing your hands in a public lavatory so to speak and then using the handle to exit.......I did write about dis on boards a while back to much derision from some callers posters.

I'm anal about hygiene. ;)

[quote="ButtersSuki;113041797"

I'm anal about hygiene. ;)[/quote]

Washyerarse so to speak

Washyerarse so to speak

Dat's wat de bidet is for caller.

I wonder what "unique" pronucnication Mr. Duffy has for bidet?

"Byde-it", it rhymes with "tile-it" so to speak.

Unconfirmed reports on the Twitter machine that Brendan is having severe trouble sitting down after yesterday’s liveline interview.

Bidets are great.
    But drying your arse under the hand dryers can be tricky. The looks I got in that fancy Paris restaurant.

• Advertisement

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Bidets are great.
    But drying your arse under the hand dryers can be tricky. The looks I got in that fancy Paris restaurant.

I can imagine a certain someone thinking de byde-it is for de wee wee and de tile-it is for de poo poo so to speak. Or for washing yer hands maybe.

Woman who survived CV19

Problems with payments

Keep contact to a minimum

" Brendan Gleeson took over yesterday's liveline"

Clip of Brendan.

Ronan wants Joe to sing along with " You are my Sunshine"

POSSIBLY on twodaze show:
    Ass-pex of de croysis
    Woman comes through it, she's quite young (I'm guessing 74)
    STAY INDOORS
    COVID Payment - WHOY am I not getting wat I am entitled to so to speak
    Incredibly eloquent Brendan Glesson took over da Lahv Lahn yesterday - BRILLIANT, WUNDERFUL, FANTASTIC so to speak
    "incredibly eloquent" again - unlike the host with his incredibly limited vocaublary
    Making death better, so to speak.

DEF-IN-EYE-TILLY on twodaze show:
    Death
    CV19
    Misery
    Funerals
    Silly noises and mumblings
    Inapproariate comments and giddyness
    Over 70s acting de maggot

Shut off de stream just as Ronan asked Mr. Duffy is he able to sing.......potential GOLD there maybe? Or carnage so to speak.

Joe shouts Brendan Gleeson s name over the song.

Eejit

Twodaze Lahv Lahn is brought to you by:

giphy.gif

I think joe might be feeling cast down singing along to an upbeat song

Dream caller:

giphy.gif

Won't be in twoday, enjoy so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Maybe Colin Meany might have a spare hour to kill today? Celebrity magician Keeeh Barry?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement