Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely livid with my landlord

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

LeineGlas wrote: »
    Many landlords in my experience refuse bank transfers as a payment method.

That's definitely a thing from the past. Lettings through estate agents always are through banks now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

OP stated they couldn't go to the bank now, so LL was being paid through the bank until this issue arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Iodine1 wrote: »
    OP stated they couldn't go to the bank now, so LL was being paid through the bank until this issue arose.

Was the o/p going to the bank to transfer the money or to make a cash withdrawal?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Was the o/p going to the bank to transfer the money or to make a cash withdrawal?

Considering cash can be withdrawn from an ATM, it’s hard to see why you would need to visit a bank to withdraw cash, but op could clarify.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Considering cash can be withdrawn from an ATM, it’s hard to see why you would need to visit a bank to withdraw cash, but op could clarify.

There are limits on the amount of cash which can be withdrawn from the ATM at any one time.

• Advertisement

There are limits on the amount of cash which can be withdrawn from the ATM at any one time.

Very true, but there are no limits on the number of days you can make withdrawals.

Very true, but there are no limits on the number of days you can make withdrawals.

Yes, but that would mean the person making the withdrawals to accumulate a sum of cash over a number of days would have the store the cash withdrawn on the earlier days thus giving rise to a security problem.

Yes, but that would mean the person making the withdrawals to accumulate a sum of cash over a number of days would have the store the cash withdrawn on the earlier days thus giving rise to a security problem.

And paranoia apparently.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

As a LL, i'd agree with you. I wouldn't expect a tenant to take multiple trips to an ATM over the course of a few days, especially now.

but, that is not an issue here.
    Please read the OPs post.
    Seoda1 wrote: »
    I said, I have your rent here which is payable next Monday but because of restrictions, I can’t get to the bank.

The LL offered to call around and collect it to save the tenant going to the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Die Hard 2019

Gumbo wrote: »
    As a LL, i'd agree with you. I wouldn't expect a tenant to take multiple trips to an ATM over the course of a few days, especially now.

but, that is not an issue here.
    Please read the OPs post.

The LL offered to call around and collect it to save the tenant going to the bank.

He has 40 something thousand in the house he just doesn't want to pay rent because of the down turn.

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    As a LL, i'd agree with you. I wouldn't expect a tenant to take multiple trips to an ATM over the course of a few days, especially now..

As a LL, Have you ever asked a tenant how/where they got their money each month? I think most tenants would say that isn’t any of the LLs business.

I think a LLs concern extends only to providing a good property for rent, acting legally, and the rent being paid on time. If the tenant goes to a bank once or an ATM 3 times, really is up to the tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You are being unreasonable.

Public transport is still in place. Banks are still open. Social welfare offices are still open.

Your landlord can't just do without that income because you 'don't wanna go to the social welfare office'

Seriously? Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I have seen a few walking around with wads of cash. They all look as if they don't have a penny to their name. They actually look like they're on their way to Focus Point to look for accommodation, rather than on their way to house to collect rent.

How do you know they are landlords?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Has anyone checked if the OP is still livid?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Has anyone checked if the OP is still livid?

They're probably hiding somewhere with their tail between their legs, after the brow beating they've taken on this thread.

As I don't believe that there is anything further of use to the OP to be offered, I am closing this thread.

Chin up everyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

As a LL, Have you ever asked a tenant how/where they got their money each month? I think most tenants would say that isn’t any of the LLs business.

I think a LLs concern extends only to providing a good property for rent, acting legally, and the rent being paid on time. If the tenant goes to a bank once or an ATM 3 times, really is up to the tenant.

No, I’ve never asked. It’s not my business.
    My tenant has a few kids, works locally and qualifies for social assistance on the rent.

I accepted HAP without issues as I have the same tenant since 2015. I don’t plan on taking the house back anytime soon, subject to taxes and charges etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement