Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HomePod Radio Selection

• 02-04-2020 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Today I ask Siri to play TodayFM like I have for the past month or two and it selects todayfm 95.1ph provided by tune in... how can I get it to play the correct one?

I have had this issue on and off and comes back after nearly every iOS update. the last time I kept getting with an jussi radio station or some piece of music. its o frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

And today it is working... I wish I could figure out why...how are they selected does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

I had actually read your post yesterday and that that the first I heard that HomePod could actually play a radio station .. so I tried it out last night and it worked perfectly - game changer for me as I have little or no FM signal in my house (rural) .. so i've been using a Roberts Stream for the last few years as we listen to a lot of radio.

I've the HomePods set up as a stereo pair and normally use the GoLoud App streamed from my phone which works alright until you need to take a phone call or go outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

One thing I've noticed with my HomePod is that if I ask it to play RTE Radio 1, it sometimes used to play straight away, and sometimes it would say it couldn't find it.

I finally figured out it was down to the way I was pronouncing the letter R. Irish style wouldn't play, American style, off it goes. It's down to the difference between saying Aarrrr vs Or.

So there you go.

Advertisement