Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"No detriment" Policy for UCD

• 02-04-2020 4:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The corona virus has added a ton of stress for kids going through college and doing exams online, not least my eldest. I'd really appreciate if people could read and consider signing the petition below to encourage UCD to take up a no detriment policy for this period; http://chng.it/CKCsSSYd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm a little confused as to what they're looking for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ec18 wrote: »

That if you do worse in the upcoming exams than you've done up to now, then they won't count the new results and just use your grades up to now.

Seems fair imo, these grades will follow you around for a long time and will have to compete with those from previous and coming years, who haven't suffered such disruption

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

ec18 wrote: »

Basically to carry grades from before the lock-down through the exams where people get lower grades in the exams taking place during the lock down. Doing an open book exam from home in an environment that may have a lot of disruptions and poor internet makes for a very uneven playing field when compared to doing a closed book exam in a controlled environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

Agreed. I'm in college part time and the essays I have written over this period have been the biggest pile of ****e. I was 100% distinctions up until now and now I am getting merits and I DO NOT CARE.

(sorry if you don't consider merits ****e, i know they aren't ****e, but I really like writing unusually and am really perfectionist about writing usually and now I just don't care, it all seems so unimportant when people I love are in danger. I can't even handle talking to people who get worried over stupid **** now, it's like, **** off with your distinctions)

Advertisement