Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass disposal

Options
  • 02-04-2020 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

I've seen loads of bags of grass left on greens near us (north dublin), some in yellow bags and others just in old compost bags or something... these seem to get picked up by the council every few weeks or so. Anyone know what the story is here? I take it I can't just fill a load of bags and leave them out?

Getting ready to mow the meadow and expecting a small mountain of clippings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

hots wrote: »
    I've seen loads of bags of grass left on greens near us (north dublin), some in yellow bags and others just in old compost bags or something... these seem to get picked up by the council every few weeks or so. Anyone know what the story is here? I take it I can't just fill a load of bags and leave them out?

That would be dumping, so no you cant.
    Take it to a land fill or compost it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Do you know they are bags of grass? or maybe they are bags of rubbish picked off the verges etc.

Can you turn your mowing into a compost heap or leave them on the meadow to waste away.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

hots wrote: »

Is it the grass clippings from the greens?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Yeah definitely grass cuttings and no the council do the greens and verges outside of houses... and they seem to be putting bags out year round so it's not like it's leaves collected I don't think. I thought it was weird, I'd say it must be people taking liberties with the leaf pickup thing and ditching their grass at the same time maybe.

Cheers anyway, was just curious if it was a localised thing that some councils do that I hadn't noticed before! I'll stick to a few brown-bin loads for now and look into a compost bin for the future I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Ask the Council.

• Advertisement
Advertisement