Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pay as go electricity

Options
  • 02-04-2020 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

What would you recommend is the best value there at the minute. Currently with prepaid power.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,102 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bonkers.ie are a comparison website. I'm not sure if they cov prepay but worth a look. Unfortunately with prepay you always pay an awful lot more than bill pay

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

thesultan wrote: »
    What would you recommend is the best value there at the minute. Currently with prepaid power.

Prepaid is by far the most expensive, can you change to bill pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

I could i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Change operator and pick the one with best rate and deal..... Bonkers or switcher will show most deals.

What you're on is very expensive also you could look for a night rate meter and run immersion, washing machine and dishwasher at the times outside peak.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

thesultan wrote: »
    I could i suppose

It sounds like avoiding prepayment is an option so, in which case I strongly recommend it as this will save you an absolute fortune. Then as recommended above go onto Bonkers.ie for the best deal. Simples:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Prepay is charging a second standing charge, to simply manage your usage.

Its charging people, to "help them" use less electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bruthal wrote: »
    Prepay is charging a second standing charge, to simply manage your usage.

Its charging people, to "help them" use less electricity.

What? They end up using as much or at the very least end up paying more anyway.....

These systems aren't there to help they're there to guarantee the provider is paid....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

What? They end up using as much or at the very least end up paying more anyway.....

These systems aren't there to help they're there to guarantee the provider is paid....

I thought the "" would be a clue there:pac:

Advertisement