Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric hair trimmer

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

5 minute video on youtube and you are a qualified barber. Good to know you are in profit already its going to be a year before I break even on mine.

In fairness the beard trimmer forced into hair cutting mightened last a year. Doing the job for now now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Anyone know any shops in Dublin with clippers in stock?

Too impatient to wait for an online delivery but if I have to I have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

steve_r wrote: »
    Anyone know any shops in Dublin with clippers in stock?

Either Argos or Amazon. The second wave is on the way found in China yesterday, could be a cheap investment for the next year.
    Prepare for hard times.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

There's few popping up in Argos.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8541444.htm

One available in Ilac.

Picked a Philips one last week from Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I got the Wahl Super Taper in April and it was working well but I let it fall and now the Blades no longer cut. One of the screw threads inside the machine has snapped and the parts are now loose.

I'm thinking of getting either the Kemi 2600, Remington Quick Cut or the Babybliss XTP which were all recommended earlier to replace it.

Can any of the above blades be zero gapped to give a bald shave?

Which one if those would give the closest cut. I usually use anything between 0 and 2 so are any of those suitable?

Thanks

Edit:
    Btw for anyone considering the Super Taper it is a good clipper but has 1 drawback that I only realised the other day. If you need to remove the blades to clean them it is quite difficult to reset them accurately.

It is also a heavy clipper but that could be a plus for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I got the Wahl Super Taper in April and it was working well but I let it fall and now the Blades no longer cut. One of the screw threads inside the machine has snapped and the parts are now loose.

I'm thinking of getting either the Kemi 2600, Remington Quick Cut or the Babybliss XTP which were all recommended earlier to replace it.

Can any of the above blades be zero gapped to give a bald shave?

Which one if those would give the closest cut. I usually use anything between 0 and 2 so are any of those suitable?

Thanks

Edit:
    Btw for anyone considering the Super Taper it is a good clipper but has 1 drawback that I only realised the other day. If you need to remove the blades to clean them it is quite difficult to reset them accurately.

It is also a heavy clipper but that could be a plus for some.

Parts are available for the Super Taper... I'd just fix that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Parts are available for the Super Taper... I'd just fix that
    +1,
    it could be under warranty, and I think wahl are pretty good. if they refuse it still might be possible to salvage, if you post photos of what is wrong you might get help. e.g the screws are a certain size, if they are totally ruined it might be possible to drill it out and rethread and use a bigger screw. I hate seeing stuff scrapped!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

rubadub wrote: »
    +1,
    it could be under warranty, and I think wahl are pretty good. if they refuse it still might be possible to salvage, if you post photos of what is wrong you might get help. e.g the screws are a certain size, if they are totally ruined it might be possible to drill it out and rethread and use a bigger screw. I hate seeing stuff scrapped!

The screw itself is not snapped. The casing that houses the thread that the screw goes into has snapped.

This screw is used to keep the electro magnet in place.

I don't think glueing it would work.

For what it might cost to get a new casing I might be better getting a new clippers like the Kemei for €30.

I don't think I sent awatly any guarantee form or registered it to avail if a guarantee.

I bought the Taper from Terrisales. Would they deal with the warranty or would I have to contact Wahl?

Advertisement