Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haircut

• 02-04-2020 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can get a haircut at the moment? looking for a barbers. city or raheen area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are on lock down like most non essential businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

who_ru wrote: »
    anyone know where i can get a haircut at the moment? looking for a barbers. city or raheen area.

I don't think any shop or salon is open due to lockdown but yes, you can search for barbers who are giving home services. However, it would also be a tough job for barbers. I am not sure how much relaxation is there in lockdown.

Isn't better to do haircut your own with YouTube tutorials? Even my brother is doing this stuff his own. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I don't think it's a wise idea to get a barber do your hairs, even at home. It's unsafe due to COVID-19.

You can order a nice hair clippers online and a pair of scissors ✂ if required. That's what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I took the opportunity of being at home to try out a shaved head look, think I might stick to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Stay at home! I realise that it's a very complex instruction, and some parts of it are difficult to understand, but maybe ask somebody to explain it to you.

• Advertisement

Where are ye buying hair clippers folks? Boots are all sold out online and no idea where else to look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Only place still doing haircuts these days is the undertakers. Unless you want to end up there ... stay at home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Where are ye buying hair clippers folks? Boots are all sold out online and no idea where else to look

Try amazon, you'll wind up waiting about a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I mostly shop on eBay.co.uk

Specifically choose items that are located IN the Uk.
    I then buy items with FREE Uk delivery. (Must include Northern Ireland)

I’ve an account with parcelmotel.com, who are based in Antrim... which I use. They basically forward the parcel to a ‘locker’ at my local limerick garage. 3.85 per delivery or motel ‘stay’

So.., delivery is usually 3.85, for most of what I buy. Oversized items... go to the depot in annacotty. And generally cost 7 euro. It’s a great service when shopping online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

a0c6rTI.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have ordered from UK Babyliss website on Sunday, and delivery is today. Free shipping.
    Ordered super clipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Shaved my head aswell, not half as bad as I expected would defo do again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Homesavers near B&Q had them this morning Braun 6 in 1 MGK3020 €24 I think, they had babybliss for €12 think that was beard trimmer.

Was nice and quite out there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

anyone doing haircuts over zoom yet?

Got hold of a clippers. Number 1 all over so won't have to deal with it again for another while. Did it myself. Still managed to make a balls of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Lidl are selling hair razors from today for 14.99, bur could be gone now given the obvious circumstances.

Advertisement