Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media usage

• 02-04-2020 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi,

has anyone any experience with Virgin media and their usage policy.

obviously, with everything going on, we are all WFH and on video calls all-day.

I have used just over a TB of data and I am wondering what will happen with my bill.

Thanks,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Never had an issue, regularly go over 1tb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

JDxtra wrote:
    Never had an issue, regularly go over 1tb.

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

that is excellent, thanks for easing my mind!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Hi,

has anyone any experience with Virgin media and their usage policy.

obviously, with everything going on, we are all WFH and on video calls all-day.

I have used just over a TB of data and I am wondering what will happen with my bill.

Thanks,
    Steve

Virgin Media have no usage limits with their regular broadband packages been like this a few years now

You would have to have been on one of their very old limited broadband services

From 25th February 2013, no limit on data transfer allowance will apply for customers of new Broadband products, except for customers of limited products with specified data transfer allowances

https://www.virginmedia.ie/terms/usage-policy/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

VM are excellent when it comes to usage. There is simply no cap and they won't charge you for going over if there was. Add to that that their broadband rarely gets faults is a big bonus compared to more traditional forms of broadband.

• Advertisement
Advertisement