Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is fifa available on switch

• 02-04-2020 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭

Is fifa available on switch, whatever version is current?
    And what's the most 'cost effective' way of getting it, obviously online given the great times we're experiencing....
    Thanks on advance.
    A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

https://www.dekudeals.com/search?q=Fifa

Site slow at the moment ..

No discounts at the moment on FIFA digital at least on eu site.

So, 20, 40,50 euro for FIFA 18, 19, 20 from eshop.

Or 22 stg delivered physical from Amazon UK for FIFA 20. That's a much better option for the latest version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Bought it an hour ago on nintendo shop, still downloading.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Might see if I can delete the thread now....

nintendoo wrote: »
    https://www.dekudeals.com/search?q=Fifa

Site slow at the moment ..

No discounts at the moment on FIFA digital at least on eu site.

So, 20, 40,50 euro for FIFA 18, 19, 20 from eshop.

Or 22 stg delivered physical from Amazon UK for FIFA 20. That's a much better option for the latest version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

FIFA has been the legacy edition for the last few years. So actually very little difference. They re-release the same game with updated squads.

So if you just want a few games and don't need to up to date squads then FIFA 19 is cheaper and you aren't missing much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's always deals on it - I got FIFA 18 for about 15$ on the eShop and 19 for about the same. I'm not bothering with FIFA 20, as it's the exact same game as FIFA 19 but with updated kits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

chrislad wrote: »
    There's always deals on it - I got FIFA 18 for about 15$ on the eShop and 19 for about the same. I'm not bothering with FIFA 20, as it's the exact same game as FIFA 19 but with updated kits.

Not worth the bother tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I really enjoyed fifa 18 and 19. Didn't bother with 20 since it's basically a reskinned version of 19. But gameplay and graphics are great. Great for online multiplayer matches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

How does the gameplay on Switch compare to Xbox/PS? I'm tempted to get it, but not sure if I'm better off buying the All-Digital Xbox to play it on instead. Plus it lacks Volta on Switch.

It's €26.99 for Switch in Smyths at the moment.

GazzaL wrote: »
    How does the gameplay on Switch compare to Xbox/PS? I'm tempted to get it, but not sure if I'm better off buying the All-Digital Xbox to play it on instead. Plus it lacks Volta on Switch.

It's €26.99 for Switch in Smyths at the moment.

I haven't played the xbox version since fifa 17. From reports online though that I remember seeing, some people preferred the Nintendo version. The gameplay is apparently a little slower on Switch similar to Fifa 16 and 17 on other consoles, making it look more like a realistic match. But thats probably down to personal preference.
    Stadium animations and audio is much more realistic on xbox.
    If you have mates who play fifa I would get it on the same platform as them if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

If you have mates who play fifa I would get it on the same platform as them if possible.

If I buy fifa20 on the Switch, is it possible to play online against a friend on a ps4? In other words, does it work across different platforms?

Unfortunately no. They are 2 very different games made by 2 different departments in EA. So there is no cross-play. I don't think there is cross-play between PS4 and Xbox either though. You need to be on the same system as your friends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement