Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimline windows

Options
  • 02-04-2020 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Planning a new build, and found a company doing slimline windows and doors that we really like

snip

Unfortunately we got a quote back from them today and it is well outside our budget.

Does anyone know of any other companies doing something similar but at a more reasonable cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Recommendations for specific companies by PM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Sorry about that.

To be honest I am just wondering if this is something that exists in the Irish market, the removed company import all their windows and doors so are obviously going to be more expensive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I got a 4m (2m opening) x 2.7m high 3g alu sliding door for 8k 3 years ago. If you want cheap windows there is a south province that will sort you out, but you get chunky frames and standard sizes. Pay up or compromise..

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

BryanF wrote: »
    I got a 4m (2m opening) x 2.7m high 3g alu sliding door for 8k 3 years ago. If you want cheap windows there is a south province that will sort you out, but you get chunky frames and standard sizes. Pay up or compromise..

Thanks, my father is involved in construction and is adamant we should use the company you mention. My partner really dislikes their products so hoping for something else

I guess my question really is if there are mid range companies in the Irish market? Maybe someone who does slimline windows but not the custom sizes

Advertisement