Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meat grinder

• 02-04-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi.im looking for a meat mincer/grinder., electrical one...i don't want any cheap local electrical shop bought ones.im just looking for a good quality used one.any help would be appreciated.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

Hi Steve,

I was in the same position as you, sick of cheap modern mincers that broke easily. I recently bought a 30-year-old Kenwood Chef Pastry mixer (model A901) and then bought the mincer attachment. I got everything on ebay and am very happy with how it performs on venison. No bother with sinew etc. Also is a part does go, you can buy everything from a new motor or circuitry online.

Might be worth considering .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

Hi Steve,

I was in the same position as you, sick of cheap modern mincers that broke easily. I recently bought a 30-year-old Kenwood Chef Pastry mixer (model A901) and then bought the mincer attachment. I got everything on ebay and am very happy with how it performs on venison. No bother with sinew etc. Also is a part does go, you can buy everything from a new motor or circuitry online.

Might be worth considering .
    Thanks for your recommendation.ive since bought a manual mincer and a milking machine motor which I plan on marrying together to make my own mincer.im going to give it a shot but at least I have the A901 to fall back on.thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

Saw a grinder in Lidl yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 18 I right I

clivej wrote: »

Did it throw many sparks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

I right I wrote: »
    Did it throw many sparks?

Ok I saw a Meat grinder.

BUT to add I did buy the angle grinder. And this is what I said about it on FB and massaged to LIDL

LIDL angle grinder is dangerous and should not be sold.
    The rotation of the disk is wrong, it's anit-clockwise, and sends sparks forwards up into the air and not backwards as it should.
    When it 'Bites' into whatever your cutting it comes backwards into your body.
    I'm going to get a refund now, and cannot recommend this grinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

Ok I saw a Meat grinder.

BUT to add I did buy the angle grinder. And this is what I said about it on FB and massaged to LIDL

LIDL angle grinder is dangerous and should not be sold.
    The rotation of the disk is wrong, it's anit-clockwise, and sends sparks forwards up into the air and not backwards as it should.
    When it 'Bites' into whatever your cutting it comes backwards into your body.
    I'm going to get a refund now, and cannot recommend this grinder.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070820

Bawhahahah

Advertisement