Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humour me....1st time gaming PC buyer...

Options
  • 02-04-2020 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

So, looking to upgrade an older PC to a more modern specific gaming PC for my 16yr old - and I might even take it up myself; heck everyone else has, so wtf not eh ? :)

Alienware is lovely..... but I'm not at that price level i'm afraid.

So, I've come across 3 choices :

It has been mentioned to me that to build would be cheaper, but i'm afraid of issues, and I do like the idea of a warranty. I've previously bought from CustomPC online here and wouldn't repeat that process.

1. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SR58J3B/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3A9J89OE6W3SD&th=1

2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MRBFE8I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A17AS5ETPMZ9A1&psc=1

3. Curve ball: https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/cty/pdp/spd/alienware-aurora-r9-desktop?preview=off#ratings_section

So, main use is for CoD Modern Warfare (new one).

Ideally, I'd buy in Ireland, but am not seeing the same value tbh.

Any thoughts & help appreciated.

TIA.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What's the budget?

In regards to those Amazon PCs I wouldn't recommend them - they use the cheapest motherboard possible (A320 chipset).

Best bang-per-buck for a prebuilt I'd look at CCL:

https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/delta-pro/ccl-delta-pro-gaming-pc/0604030109/

Customised Delta Pro
    CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8GHz
    RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
    Graphics GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB
    Storage 500GB Western Digital Blue 3D NAND SATA III SSD

£766.99
    or £866.99 with Windows 10

Windows 10 can be installed & used without activation as long as you don't mind a little watermark in the bottom corner - big saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What's the budget?

In regards to those Amazon PCs I wouldn't recommend them - they use the cheapest motherboard possible (A320 chipset).

Best bang-per-buck for a prebuilt I'd look at CCL:

https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/delta-pro/ccl-delta-pro-gaming-pc/0604030109/

Customised Delta Pro
    CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8GHz
    RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
    Graphics GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB
    Storage 500GB Western Digital Blue 3D NAND SATA III SSD

£766.99
    or £866.99 with Windows 10

Windows 10 can be installed & used without activation as long as you don't mind a little watermark in the bottom corner - big saving.

Thanks for that - am I right in thinking that buying those components on their own wouldn't save me a huge amount, quite apart from the hassle of getting it working afterwards ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gridhawk

I just checked out their latest reviews on trustpilot for custompcparts.ie and it's still disappointing to see three years later this scam is still ongoing.
    To promote irish companies, spend your money elsewhere.

Advertisement