Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart Picture Frame

• 03-04-2020 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

I know this has maybe been done before but I am wondering.

So my plan is, share an electronic picture frame around family, then create account which people can upload photos and then they are on a constant loop in everyone house. I have TB's of photos all sitting in cloud and never look at any of them

I had the idea before but didnt think the technology was available, I bought Echo Show and just seen I can use it with Amazon photo. The Echo will then scroll through the photos. I can set up firestick etc to do the same on TV Maybe a little expensive so just wondering do other companies do similar?

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The Google Hubs do that, I've a shared album setup and it goes through the photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Clareman wrote: »
    The Google Hubs do that, I've a shared album setup and it goes through the photos

So similar the amazon setup? You create a cloud account and put the photos into it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So similar the amazon setup? You create a cloud account and put the photos into it?

Sorry for the delay.

Its hooked up to my Google photos and displays from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Did this 10+ years ago with a Kodak branded digital frame we bought for our mother. They had their own online service (probably long gone), or you could use Flickr (and others that I can't remember). We were able to all share photos to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Pretty much, in Google photos I created a pics for display shared album and added my family members. We all add pics. This album is then set on my Google home display as screensaver. We upload new pics and they start to appear instantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Pretty much, in Google photos I created a pics for display shared album and added my family members. We all add pics. This album is then set on my Google home display as screensaver. We upload new pics and they start to appear instantly

I've taken an extremely lazy approach. I save all my photos to Google photos as a backup. I have an auto album set up that all pictures of my kids go to, and I have it shared with my mother. She gets a notification on her phone whenever there's a new pic of her grandkids in the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McGaggs wrote: »
    I've taken an extremely lazy approach. I save all my photos to Google photos as a backup. I have an auto album set up that all pictures of my kids go to, and I have it shared with my mother. She gets a notification on her phone whenever there's a new pic of her grandkids in the album.

This is what I currently have with Box but it doesnt really work

What I have done so far, I am using Prime anyway but I get unlimited pictures with Prime. Put everything up on this.

I have Echo 5 and tried it on that, works perfect. So I ordered Echo 8 for myself. Will test it and see.

Advertisement