Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nature calling

• 03-04-2020 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Humanity is struggling with deadly virus, while nature is blooming.

Maybe nature is teaching us a lesson that is stronger than humans? But maybe nature is also giving us a hint?

Chinese people conquered it while in majority staying at their homes. What if they used old almost forgotten traditional methods like cupping? My sister was saved in her childhood almost 50 years ago with this method going through severe pneumonia. She then had black spots on her back (meaning it was working) and shades in her lungs showing in X-rays for few years after that.

So I wander how it will develop in India with very poor health system, yet with a great Ayurveda tradition?

In most cases people die because of blood clotting, what if simply omega-3 oils could help?

Nature is calling in many ways....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Acedia.

JoChervil wrote: »
    Humanity is struggling with deadly virus, while nature is blooming.

Maybe nature is teaching us a lesson that is stronger than humans? But maybe nature is also giving us a hint?

Chinese people conquered it while in majority staying at their homes. What if they used old almost forgotten traditional methods like cupping? My sister was saved in her childhood almost 50 years ago with this method going through severe pneumonia. She then had black spots on her back (meaning it was working) and shades in her lungs showing in X-rays for few years after that.

So I wander how it will develop in India with very poor health system, yet with a great Ayurveda tradition?

In most cases people die because of blood clotting, what if simply omega-3 oils could help?

🀣😂😆🀣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

JoChervil wrote: »
    She then had black spots on her back (meaning it was working)
    Meaning the "cupping" caused local contusions, ie bruising.
    Yeah, I'd be following bronze age quackery instead of evidence based science and medicine. Not.
    Next time I see someone suffering from a heart attack I'll suggest popping a cod liver oil tablet, instead of an aspirin dissolved under the tongue until paramedics arrive with actual medicine. Be grand. I'll even go to the funeral. Oh wait I couldn't these days...
    When I saw the thread title I though oh oh someone's been caught short while socially distancing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Sorry this is going into medical advice territory. There is no natural/homeopathic cure, and to say anything otherwise is irresponsible and dangerous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement