Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A miscellaneous discussion on digestive treats

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

508154.jpg
    Mostly home baking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

0lddog wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a friday night Vesta Curry ?

I'll have a singapore noodles (dry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

0lddog wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a friday night Vesta Curry ?

And a slice of Artic Roll afterwards

s1ippy wrote: »
    508154.jpg
    Mostly home baking

So we know were all the cakes, if you baked cakes like that I'd love you forever.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And a slice of Artic Roll afterwards

Maybe s1ippy can drop over the cakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I got my first ever delivery from Tesco online late last night (two weeks to deliver).
    This evening I made kedgeree (rice, smoked fish, bolied eggs, and more).
    There was so much the dogs got a bowl each, then another serving, then another.
    They were treating me like a superhero afterwards. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cracking open some Texas BBQ Pringles now. Had salmon, baby spuds and salad for dinner.
    Best biccies have to be Jaffa Cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I am enjoying the spelling of 'hob Knobs' :D

I ...err....i think it's this lock down. I was looking at the door when I wrote that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tork wrote: »
    I mis-read the subject line and thought this was a discussion on digestive tracts.
    I did too but when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. It's not alimentary.

• Advertisement

Really when you think of it all the page really needed was a menu. Unless is just me the photos are making me hungry for cake

I did too but when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. It's not alimentary.

You've just made a pun out of my most favourite literary quote ever!

Rufeo wrote: »
    I ...err....i think it's this lock down. I was looking at the door when I wrote that.

Was it the toilet door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

I'm eating my breakfast kate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

bonny! wrote: »
    I'm eating my breakfast kate.

0600 & the cat woke me up looking for some mince. I spent yesterday & the day before pining after shredded chili chicken ( spice box minus any chips) so things are so bad I bought a spice box mix in the supermarket and tenderly cooked it while salivating over the oven like a dog.

Not the same at all.

If I wasn’t off them for Lent I’d have just eaten the whole tin of Danish Butter cookies that have beencalling me from their corner on the floor for weeks.

Had to settle for a second dinner of dry roasted peanuts and TK Lemonade -Red.

Ive to go out and get shopping. So im looking at the makings of a curry for today, and the makings if a stir-fry for tomorrow. But ive a strong desire for rack of bacon ribs.

• Advertisement

gonna have to make a cake now!

i did get a lidl gf lemon drizzle box mix. might be some craic
    usually do them from scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Candie wrote: »
    Without digestives, there is no cheesecake base. For that reason digestives are okay.

They're also quite tolerable (in a nostalgic sort of way) with a mug of strong tea and a load of butter. Proper butter though, none of this "Bugger me sideways, it's not Butter" nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

They're also quite tolerable (in a nostalgic sort of way) with a mug of strong tea and a load of butter. Proper butter though, none of this "Bugger me sideways, it's not Butter" nonsense.

Say it, brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

bluewolf wrote: »
    I like digestives

Tesco chocolate chip digestives. Heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

one big massive Lasagna....enough to last for a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

digestive treats?

7132-400xa.jpg

Kylta wrote: »
    I put this title in because I don't want this tread shipped off to food and whatever sh-t tread. I basically want it left in AH, we have a superior intelligent breed of poster here. And like the title says anything about food. Oh since we're not in a drastic situation yet. None of I want to eat the neighbours cat etc. Ok.I relent you can eat the neighbour.

What you're eating at the moment ?
    What we're eating for Breakfast/Dinner/Tea?
    Do you crave junk food?
    Is cabbage, potatoes, bacon, a thing of the past?
    In general anything to do with food is acceptable

The way things are going here it’ll most likely be lazily merged into a coronavirus mega thread.

I’ve just had a curry myself and can barely breathe (in a good way).

[PHP][/PHP]
    The way things are going here it’ll most likely be lazily merged into a coronavirus mega thread.

I’ve just had a curry myself and can barely breathe (in a good way).

But why does home made curry not taste like curry from chinese, I just had a pork chow mein stir fry with noodles. ( homemade) it was delicious but its not got that kick the noodles shop has for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

[PHP][/PHP]

But why does home made curry not taste like curry from chinese, I just had a pork chow mein stir fry with noodles. ( homemade) it was delicious but its not got that kick the noodles shop has for some reason

Did you add absolutely enormous amounts of saturated fat, msg and sugar to your chow menu sauce? If you didn’t then that’s the kick you are missing.

Did you add absolutely enormous amounts of saturated fat, msg and sugar to your chow menu sauce? If you didn’t then that’s the kick you are missing.

No point in having a takeaway without them.

Absolutely.

Although I just remembered the other reason to like digestives.

Spread them with some Philadelpia, top with nice strawberry or apricot jam, et voila! Mini cheesecake.

I love all Borders biscuits, the lemon drizzle ones more than any. Pot of tea, some lemon drizzle biscuits, good book. That's not lockdown, that's heaven.

With thid isolation sh-t, im finding it hard to work up and appitite, im also finding the food boring and I absolutely love grub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

[PHP][/PHP]

And it’s in the way they season the wok. I think they also cook on a heat where the oil is just on it’s smoking point so you get that lovely smokey, almost burnt flavours.

You can recreate the actual curry flavour with the right mix of Chinese spices though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

And it’s in the way they season the wok. I think they also cook on a heat where the oil is just on it’s smoking point so you get that lovely smokey, almost burnt flavours.

You can recreate the actual curry flavour with the right mix of Chinese spices though.

"seasoning" a wok/pan, despite the name, has nothing to do with flavour. It's about making it non stick.

"seasoning" a wok/pan, despite the name, has nothing to do with flavour. It's about making it non stick.

Yes. I didn't suggest it was the seasoning itself that brings flavour. It allows them to cook at the oils smoke point which is what gives that lovely smokey/burnt flavour.

• Advertisement

Ive just put some real roast potatoes(as in the the ganky things you get out off a freezer) in oven for my supper, I'm going to over cook them so there crunchy and crispy, slap salt and vinegar, a lttle bit of ham on the side and happy days,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Ive just put some real roast potatoes(as in the the ganky things you get out off a freezer) in oven for my supper, I'm going to over cook them so there crunchy and crispy, slap salt and vinegar, a lttle bit of ham on the side and happy days,

Just made a big beef stew, threw in yesterday's ham leftovers and stuck ten dumplings on the top fir the last few mins in the oven. Very tasty.

Not in work no porridge, instead im goingfor two fried eggs with batch loaf. The porridge does have the sustenance to keep hunger away for that bit longer( especially if your bored and the fridge looks like its slowly becoming you best buddy)

Just had onions, peppers red/green/yellow, mushrooms, soup mix, and mince in savoury gravy, with rice, better than anything out of curry shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Is Omackeral around to do a Covid-era Digestive Treat Tournament? More people would probably be available to participate...

Just had onions, peppers red/green/yellow, mushrooms, soup mix, and mince in savoury gravy, with rice, better than anything out of curry shop

Sounds good.

I've been making burritos over the last week and it's SO easy - I don't know why I hadn't made them before. Cooked rice, beans, onions, tomato, grated cheese, avocado, salsa. YUM

Happy days, my chocolate drought is over

I was giving up drinking at home, fags, and chocolate for lent. That went well, I’ve never drank or ate as much.

Can\’t wait to horse into this egg after the spuds.

Made doner kebab at home using the BBC recipe. It's lovely and healthe and tastes surprisingly like a shop bought doner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemade_doner_kebab_56527

• Advertisement

Made doner kebab at home using the BBC recipe. It's lovely and healthe and tastes surprisingly like a shop bought doner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemade_doner_kebab_56527

That’s one robbed from a slimming world book, had it a few times. It’s fairly nice (though as dry as the sahara) but lean lamb mince is gold dust at the best of times. Any lamb mince is hard enough to get at all.

That’s one robbed from a slimming world book, had it a few times. It’s fairly nice (though as dry as the sahara) but lean lamb mince is gold dust at the best of times. Any lamb mince is hard enough to get at all.

Is it a slimming world one? Fair enough because it's just lean mean and spices s

Tesco extra usually has the 5% lamb mince. Can be a but dry alright but not bad if you don't over cook it. And makes up for it if you have some chilli and garlic mayo and cold slaw. By that's getting away from the healthy side of it.

Delish.

Is it a slimming world one? Fair enough because it's just lean mean and spices s

Tesco extra usually has the 5% lamb mince. Can be a but dry alright but not bad if you don't over cook it. And makes up for it if you have some chilli and garlic mayo and cold slaw. By that's getting away from the healthy side of it.

Delish.

It’s a good alternative to a real one. I’ve made it with beef mince normally as my local tesco extra never has anything else normally (maybe turkey).
    It’s out of one of their books, one that just does takeaway stuff to varying levels of success. That is one of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jesus, I’d love a tray of pints in a pub before heading into a kebabery for a doner kebab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does price matter for digestive biscuits?

Was just in Centra cos lidl is closed today where they have own brand for 70c and McVities for more than twice that at €1.70, meanwhile in the German retailer they knock them out for 39c so can anyone tell the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Does price matter for digestive biscuits?

Was just in Centra cos lidl is closed today where they have own brand for 70c and McVities for more than twice that at €1.70, meanwhile in the German retailer they knock them out for 39c so can anyone tell the difference?

No, all the “workhouse” biscuits are pretty much the same. Get them in the “discount” stores for buttons and you’re laughing.

All bets are off if chocolate is involved.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Most of the chocolate in Aldi is nicer than the full price equivalents though I’m not sure about biscuits. I can’t be around biscuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hot cross buns from Tesco are lovely.

Jesus, I’d love a tray of pints in a pub before heading into a kebabery for a doner kebab.

How cruel is this world

Hot cross buns from Tesco are lovely.

Missing those this year but don’t need any other shopping so couldn’t justify going for them.

Milka do a chocolate bar that has a mixture of white chocolate and milk chocolate, it taste beautiful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement