Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home delivery

• 03-04-2020 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Just can't get a slot from either of main home delivery shops. Over 70 so don't know what to do as can't go out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 james 17

duberry wrote: »
    Just can't get a slot from either of main home delivery shops. Over 70 so don't know what to do as can't go out.

Ring and explain to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have you contacted any smaller, more local shops? They seem to be more willing to be be flexible and facilitate those most in need.

Or contact your local garda station - if they can't directly help you they should be able to point you in the direction of a group who can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Ring a friend.
    Talk to a younger neighbour about doing the shopping for you

• Registered Users Posts: 25 duberry

Thanks all. We are sorted for the moment but trying to plan a delivery for 2- 3 weeks away and no slots. Anyway I'll keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

As far as I can see Supervalu site is more or less down and no slots at all for the last week at least. Don't understand why they don't have the courtesy to put up a notice explaining what's going on.
    Tesco, you can get slots for a couple of weeks hence, but you have to be quick, they disappear almost immediately they go up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My local supervalu have a post on Facebook with a mobile number to phone for deliveries for vulnerable people. Maybe have a look on your local shops page. There are also loads of people in the community who are offering to help people. I hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

maybe this could be of some help?

https://www.housing.gov.ie/local-government/covid-19-coronavirus/minister-murphy-announces-establishment-community-support-fora

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

As far as I can see Supervalu site is more or less down and no slots at all for the last week at least

We've found the Supervalu site very erratic. If you check frequently you may see something. We've mostly seen nothing but occasionally a slot appears in the next couple of days. It's a pain to keep checking but might be worth it, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Have to echo the advice of HeidiHeidi in contacting local and smaller shops.
    They really seem to have stepped up to the challenge.
    If you could tell us roughly the area you're in people might to able to suggest shops that deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

phone up your local supermarket...i'm sure they'll have contacts with local volunteering groups & clubs in your area that will deliver for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Private Message sent Duberry

Advertisement