Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown in Dublin City Centre

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Birneybau wrote: »

Thanks for posting this Birney...

When people are complaining about the reluctance by Government to lift restrictions you can all message the likes of yer man as it is him and people with the same gobsh*te mentality that will be the cause of us having extended restrictions

Hope he goes on his spin today and gets a nice hefty fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

retalivity wrote: »
    Im in D8, and my 2km circle means I can cover O'connell bridge to kimainham jail and south to harolds cross/rathmines. I found myself doing a lot more running/cycling and making the most of getting out of the house to exercise, as working form home is getting monotonous. In my runs around the city, there is a marked difference between the city centre & the more residential areas - There are some amount of walkrs/joggers on the canal and the rounds around, portobello, harolds cross etc. However the city centre is a complete ghost town - Dame st/temple bar, baggot st, merrion sq are complete ghost towns, hardly a bus or a bike going around, the only people I see in town are junkies, openly dealing, using, shuffling about in groups of 4-5 etc. With the increased garda presence about and the lack of any people except the ne'er-do-wells, you think it would be like shooting fish in a barrel catching them!

you must be joking, the gardai walk past the scrotes dealing smack every day
    on parkgate street by the court house,
    they're not bothered unless you're an easy collar for them, ie doing 31 in a 30 zone with their little gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Some gob****es out there, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some gob****es out there, unfortunately.

Take him off to the Curragh to keep an eye on him in case he has trouble following any other rules. Stick him there for a month. See how smartass he is then.

Throw that Gemma O'D idiot in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Had to commute via CC today for essential duty.

CC around Gardiner upto OConnel was like scene from walking dead. Only people were stumbling drunks or drug addicts and few homeless. Really felt edgy, was happy to hear sound of sirens. Very spooky feeling. Burger King still open though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Amazing what remains when you peel back the layers of workers, students, tourists and shoppers.......not pretty at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Biker79 wrote: »
    Amazing what remains when you peel back the layers of workers, students, tourists and shoppers.......not pretty at all.

I seen them all the time, have to say there is less then usual too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Birneybau wrote: »

What a prick. He's not even "going for a spin" because he wants to but just to test the limits or prove a point. Recording it also adds to his prickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

they're not bothered unless you're an easy collar for them, ie doing 31 in a 30 zone with their little gun
    Do you actually know someone who was done for doing 31 in a 30 zone?
    Ya I thought so. Another knowall

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well, the gestapo-like lockdown didn’t stop two scumbag arsonists from setting a couple of cars on fire on my road the night before last in inner suburban Dublin.

Everyone in my immediate vicinity is on edge as a result of that incident...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Try that **** with other police forces, haaaaa! Jesus we should deploy the boy scouts while we are at it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Well, the gestapo-like lockdown didn’t stop two scumbag arsonists from setting a couple of cars on fire on my road the night before last in inner suburban Dublin.

Everyone in my immediate vicinity is in edge as a result of that incident...

Their background forced them to do it ... Twenty billion to be pulled out of their ass , they couldn't find money for more prison spaces over the last few years though !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Try that **** with other police forces, haaaaa! Jesus we should deploy the boy scouts while we are at it ...

If he tried that with the French Police, especially those in the suburbs, the keys would be taken, fûcked down the shore and he’d be invited to enjoy the fresh air on the way home. What a cûnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's pointless arresting these people, they're heroin addicts and we don't have the prison spaces nor rehabilitation facilities to deal with them. I think the Garda must be told to leave them to it to some extent.

In fact, around the North Inner City...its mainly homeless/ alcoholic /junkie Eastern Europeans that are lurking around these days.

And there is a SERIOUS amount of bird****e all over the place. Must be all the rubbish.

However, the general tone has improved. Hopefully, it will continue like this.

Biker79 wrote: »
    In fact, around the North Inner City...its mainly homeless/ alcoholic /junkie Eastern Europeans that are lurking around these days.

And there is a SERIOUS amount of bird****e all over the place. Must be all the rubbish.

However, the general tone has improved. Hopefully, it will continue like this.

I've yet to see any improvement, bins over flowing, rubbish all over the roads and paths and vomit and urine and human sh1t among other stains everywhere....

City is in a very poor state....

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Yeah, the city has been horrible since lockdown. Really sick, end of life looking junkies knocking about everywhere, scabbing fag ends off the ground around bus stops, rubbish overflowing from bins, bird and dog ****e everywhere. The footpath around the bus stops on Hawkins Street smell like a toilet that has never been cleaned, so bad is the stench of urine. I don't know what the feck DCC are at, surely street cleaners can still work semi normally?

The stay city apartments near me on St.Augustine Street are being used for vulnerable homeless folk to keep them off the street during covid. I've seen drunken brawls outside it and on surrounding streets regularly now and dealers have moved down on bikes from Merchants Quay. The guards occasionally turn up and tell everyone to go back inside. I'm sure the poor staff still working in there are delighted!

I haven't even seen the washer out, guy sits in cab doesn't come in contact and he sprays the paths and road especially where used as a toilet....

I've to walk through filth to have my break and going back and then having to try and negotiate a safe passage to get back ...

It is in a terrible state. A bit better than it was though.

It seems the NIC is cursed to remain a kip. It was improving but it's the people that ruin it. Rubbish, drugs, alcohol, puke, urine, ****e....it seems the entire population of ner do wells of Ireland have been dumped there.

God help anyone living there with kids. It's no place for kids to be brought up.

DCC have a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tropple

What are the boundaries of the NIC roughly? I've always considered it to be from the Liffey to Dorset St on the North, and then East Wall / Smithfield on either side

• Advertisement

I would put it at Smithfield/ Phibsborough/ Fairview - within those boundaries.

The bad spots are almost always close to homeless shelters/apartments/ hostels/ B&B's and drug clinics.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Was in town briefly this afternoon to drop my phone in to be repaired and grabbed a couple of things I needed from a nearby hardware shop.

Lovely sunny warm day - town was certainly a good bit busier than it has been since mid-March. A good few junkies and homeless floating around but apart from that, most people walking about seemed grand.

Advertisement