Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old iphone or new Router for 3/4G home broadband

Options
  • 03-04-2020 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi

Out of nowhere in the last week I have 4G at home with 3 mobile - I can now get 20-30MB as standard, but have gotten reached nearly 70mb at one test.

I have satellite broadband, but the allowance is low and the speed is inconsistent.

I just bought a new 3 pay as you go sim card that I intend to use instead, BUT when I put it in an old Iphone SE - the speed are only 3-4mb at best with 4G. (i have swapped the sim into my normal phone and it gets much better speed.

I am thinking of getting this router instead https://www.satellitetv.ie/tenda-4g-lte-router-ireland

Is it just that my SE is crap? I might be able to dig out another old phone somewhere or even a tablet, but Am I going to get much better speed and spread using an purpose built router?

Id really appreciate some advice?

Thanks folks

Advertisement