Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Call waiting issue

Options
  • 03-04-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all any help with this matter I'd be very grateful.
    call waiting will not work on one of the numbers on my account. Call waiting is working fine on the other account, and it's the same make and model phone.I have call waiting turned on in settings, but it's not working, I've had the phone check by manufacturer, and it's working fine. I have also inserted a different network provider sim card it to the handset and the call waiting is working fine . I have inserted the Gomo SIM it to 3 different handsets, Samsung galaxy J6 iPhone 8 plus and Huawei y6 2018 with call waiting turn on in settings on all handsets , but it will not work.
    I keep getting the same response from GoMo, Call waiting is something we have no control over it is not something we can modify from this side as it is a phone setting. I've also had a sim card replacement, didn't sort it.
    just wondering has anyone else had this problem and how and if you got it sorted.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Here's the key codes for call waiting...

*43# Activate call waiting
    #43# Deactivate call waiting
    *#43# Check status of call waiting

Try them and see what happens.

AFAIK the network controls call waiting, how else would they know which tone to send to a caller...either engaged tone or ringing tone. Either way gomo won't bother to fix it as they don't want to spend time on it (similar to their attitude to the 2FA problems a few are having).

Advertisement