Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cov19 yellow card

Options
  • 03-04-2020 4:19pm

I recieved a yellow card for asking someone is he finished school based on his continued bad maths and reading. The person I was asking consistently gets basic numbers wrong and misquotes his own linked proof.

In the same thread a person referred to the same post as 'retarded' without any action.

All this and last week I was called a joke and that was deemed to be fine and not in need of any action. Even when an admin intervened the past was deleted without any action against the user.

Yes I have spoken to the mod, they simple said come here if I am unhappy.

It should also be pointed out that the other users entire input is Garda bashing and lies about their income

Here's the link: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058066787/6/#post113040575

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread will deal with your sanction. Any other posts you have an issue with will be looked at if reported

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod who issued the card?

Beasty wrote: »
    This thread will deal with your sanction. Any other posts you have an issue with will be looked at if reported

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod who issued the card?

Yes

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK I'll let the CMods know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hello, Niner, I'll be working on this with you.

Could you forward the discussion you had with the mod to me or post them here and I'll have a look at them this afternoon?

Date: 03/04/2020 | 08:39
    Dear Niner leprauchan,

You have been warned for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Mr E

Your post:Quote: Niner leprauchan
    Quote: Blueshoe
    They get 3 billion a year budget and the average pay rate is 1300 euro a week

Most people learn to stop digging. Have you, by any chance finished school? Your reading and maths abilities are atrocious

To: Mr E
    Date: 03/04/2020 | 15:53
    No personal abuse in there but a factual statement.

No, I don't accept this. Last week I was called a joke and that was considered fine

Date: 03/04/2020 | 16:06
    "Have you, by any chance finished school? Your reading and maths abilities are atrocious"

Sorry. that's personal abuse whatever way you look at it.

If you want to dispute it:
    https://www.boards.ie/...umdisplay.php?f=1397

To: Mr E
    Date: 03/04/2020 | 16:08
    Last week I was called a joke and that was considered fine. Someone else referred to the comment as "retarded" and that's fine.

• Advertisement

As you can see, no discussion on Mr E part.

My comments were directed at a person who consistently throughout the thread posted incorrect information to such an extent that he was misquoting from his own links! All because he decided to troll, in my opinion because he has a beef with Gardai

Even if there was some consistency it wouldn't be so frustrating. In a previous thread I was called a joke, reported it twice and had no action taken. then posted about it and had beasty shrug it off by saying "I've seen worse" before deleting the post but with no action against the user.

That followed by myself and another user responding to the same post. The other user refers to the post as 'retarded' and that's apparently not rude or uncivil but I get a yellow for asking about someone's education level?

Thanks for posting the PMs between you.

I want to go back to the thread in question and have a look at the posts leading up to the disputed post so I hope to get back to you later today.

Hello Niner, just getting back to you now, sorry about the delay.

Looking into the post the card was given for, I believe it was justified. The advice when posting is always to attack the post, not the poster and I think that it's clear you attacked the poster in this case.

This is your second time in a few days attacking the poster rather than the post so it's a concern that this appears to be escalating and that won't be tolerated for long on here.

However, given the current circumstances, I'm prepared to ask the mod to agree to the card being reversed on the understanding that you reread the the terms of use and that you agree to attack the post and not the poster in future.

As a new poster you need to familiarise yourself with what is acceptable here and post accordingly.

If you agree to those conditions, the card will be removed from your record but can count against you if you attack the poster again.

Is that agreeable to you?

No it's not agreeable. I asked someone's education level because he lacked basic maths.

Please, explain to me how that warrants a greater reprimand than calling someone 'a joke' and 'retarded' if the role is attack the post, not the poster?

Even now there's a post sitting there where a user is called a "vile, disgusting person" without a card

I'm sorry to hear that, Niner.

My purpose here is to look at your post only and see if there is a justification for the card that was issued and I find there was.

If you think there were posts that weren't keeping with the site guidelines, you should report those and a mod will examine those and decide the action needed.

You may, if you wish, appeal this decision to Admin.

• Advertisement

It's been a week now, do you wish to appeal this to Admin or should I ask for this thread to be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

OP has been online repeatedly and has ignored Cmod enquiries. Marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement