Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Support - I need to vent

• 03-04-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Oh my god ... I'm sorry guys but I need to vent. I have never been so angry and frustrated with a service in my many long years of living.

The process started simply. I wanted Eir's Fibre broadband.

My first call (some time around late Feb/early March) was perhaps a harbinger of things to come ... the guy on the phone said I couldn't get fibre because the fibre cable only went to the cabinet outside my house (seriously!). Even I knew he was wrong but after much to-ing and fro-ing he transferred me to someone else and she said Yes, of course I could get it, as I thought.

She took the order and booked an install a week or so later.

The guy from KN Group came. He couldn't install because there was a blockage. Fair enough.

They sent a 'civil Eng' group to unblock ... they came a week or so later and did just that. Fibre cable was now at the side of my house and 'good to go'.

Rang Eir "support" to re-book the install ... 30 minutes on hold ... gave up ... rang again ... 1 hour 5 minutes on hold ... answered.

They said that because there was a 'technical issue' it would have to be escalated up ... but couldn't tell me what the technical issue was (turns out if there is a services provision fail it has to go through some admin process). Said they would get back to me in 10 working days.

I got a call last Thursday from KN saying they could come the following Wednesday. I said OK.

Got a reminder call the day before where it transpired she informed me that their technician was simply coming out to upgrade my modem, not fit the fibre. No idea why. She advised I call Eir.

I called Eir 'support' ... 3 different numbers ... 2 and a half hours on hold overall ...

one guy said 'we have you down for fibre to the home' and suggested I ring 'The Fulfillment Team' .... 1 hour later I got an answer. She said you're only down for an upgrade of a modem by neither she nor I knew where on earth that has come from except to say that someone must have processed the request incorrectly initially. They would have to cancel the order and I could ring back in 3-5 working days and request an install again (i.e. start all over again).

Notwithstanding the current COVID circumstances, getting through to support is an appalling experience. For a communications company, the communication has been gob-smackingly awful.

Today was the worst. I had waited the 3 days to ring again and start the order. The incompetence, confusion and ignorance of staff is only matched by the almost indescribably bad telephone support system they have in place (dropped calls after 25 minutes twice, one answered then dropped half way through, twice). I was almost apoplectic when I came off my seventh call with them today with the final, no-clue individual sounding confused that I was ringing about a fibre connection. Then, after much silence and checking and rechecking and rechecking he said "my system wont let me do that ... I'll transfer you to someone else" ... I nearly reached down the line to strangle him.

I just want to arrange an appointment for someone to install the fibre cable currently lying idle at the side of my house. I simply cannot believe a system of contact and support could be as bad as I've experienced with Eir. It is a complete disgrace. They are not fit for purpose and don't seem to give a damn one way or the other.

What's vodafone broadband like?

Thanks. I'm seriously going to go and drink myself calm.

Comments

Advertisement