Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone installer doesn’t turn up... but they will fit me in for afew weeks time!!

• 03-04-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

Vodafone siro installation was scheduled for today... got texts about it to ensure I was still on for it... then this eve I get a call... installer held up on job ... might be longer than expected ... “I will schedule you in for another apt for afew weeks time” she says. I ask her why, I’m next, I have booked for installation today and they now say they won’t be able to call out... so surely as their fault I will be seen next ... no... I will schedule you for next apt for afew weeks time and I will put you on the cancellation list so you might be seen earlier if cancellation. I said why...myself and wife are working at home at mo and need internet for our job .. This date has been booked, Vodafone has requested confirmation that they would be able to install it on this date that I agreed ... why would they now break promise and then rather than fit me in next, I would instead be removed form list and have to wait weeks!? .. your not listening she said!!! I said your not listening ... I asked for manager but after 5 mins of looking for manager she eventually said that the manager wouldn’t be able to chat me . She working from home and manger won’t be able to chat me until at least mon..., but manager would tell me the same!!! I said I want the manager to ring and see what they said !!!? Absolutely raging ... we are soo fukt for work on mon now .... now I see why everyone says to avoid Vodafone!!!! Anyone like me looking for broadband... forget these useless wasters!!! I’d put money on it that the installer coouldnt/want arsed in attending another job so marked it down that I cancelled !? Avoid Vodafone !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Vodafone and SIRO are two independent companies.

Did you know which was at fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

LillySV wrote: »
    Vodafone siro installation was scheduled for today... got texts about it to ensure I was still on for it... then this eve I get a call... installer held up on job ... might be longer than expected ... “I will schedule you in for another apt for afew weeks time” she says. I ask her why, I’m next, I have booked for installation today and they now say they won’t be able to call out... so surely as their fault I will be seen next ... no... I will schedule you for next apt for afew weeks time and I will put you on the cancellation list so you might be seen earlier if cancellation. I said why...myself and wife are working at home at mo and need internet for our job .. This date has been booked, Vodafone has requested confirmation that they would be able to install it on this date that I agreed ... why would they now break promise and then rather than fit me in next, I would instead be removed form list and have to wait weeks!? .. your not listening she said!!! I said your not listening ... I asked for manager but after 5 mins of looking for manager she eventually said that the manager wouldn’t be able to chat me . She working from home and manger won’t be able to chat me until at least mon..., but manager would tell me the same!!! I said I want the manager to ring and see what they said !!!? Absolutely raging ... we are soo fukt for work on mon now .... now I see why everyone says to avoid Vodafone!!!! Anyone like me looking for broadband... forget these useless wasters!!! I’d put money on it that the installer coouldnt/want arsed in attending another job so marked it down that I cancelled !? Avoid Vodafone !!!

If SIRO is at fault email their CEO to sort it at: john.keaney@siro.ie or if it’s Vodafone email anne.oleary@vodafone.com

Sure email both and hopefully they’ll respond and get it fixed for you - they can sort out who’s at fault amongst themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

This belongs in Consumer Affairs channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

tuxy wrote: »
    Vodafone and SIRO are two independent companies.

Did you know which was at fault?

Vodafone are the ones that I have placed an order with. I think they use an independent installer but that’s a matter for them to sort. I spent all weekend trying to get sorted for Monday as both my wife and I need internet for work. I have rang Vodafone 3 times and used online chat also. The call centre seems to be based in Asia as all people answering have been Asian and have informed me now that they unlikely to provide service until after the 14th at earliest!! They then provide advice such as going down to their local Vodafone store to get a dongle! I have to highlight to them that all their stores are closed!! They then say they will look into other options and in two cases, dropped the calls and on third occasion... said they would ring me back and never did!! Their customer care are absolutely useless and it’s now fairly clear that Vodafone have no interest in customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Sounds like they're using the same quality telephone support system as Eir.

• Advertisement
Advertisement