If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television recommendations please, 4-500 euro budget

Options
  • 03-04-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi, 
    It's about time we relegated our 2006 JVC 32" CRT, isn't it? 

If we had between 400 and 500 euro to spend on a television, what would you recommend? We have a bigger sitting room now than we did when we bought the 32" so my thinking is 45-50"

Also - our only signal at the moment is a (mobile) internet connection, no satellite or cable connection. So built in apps like Youtube and Netflix will be important.  I'm crossing my fingers that a freeview play feature will give us watchable telly in Kildare? 

Open to squeezing past 500 to getting a more futureproof telly. 

Thanks for any advice and suggestions,

Prenderb.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Prenderb wrote: »
    Hi, 

If we had between 400 and 500 euro to spend on a television, what would you recommend? We have a bigger sitting room now than we did when we bought the 32" so my thinking is 45-50"

Also - our only signal at the moment is a (mobile) internet connection, no satellite or cable connection. So built in apps like Youtube and Netflix will be important.  I'm crossing my fingers that a freeview play feature will give us watchable telly in Kildare? 

Prenderb.
    Hey Prenderb.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay.

You could look at the LG 50UM7500 coming in at 479 Euro. Very well spec'd for the money.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204066-lg-50um7500pla-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

This has lots of smart apps on board. You will not get any of the UK catch up apps like BBC iplayer etc due to your location but you should get RTE player.
    It will have Youtube, Netfix, Amazon prime.

You can also connect an indoor aerial to the TV and get Saorview.
    Freeview plus in a UK based platform and will not work in the South Of Ireland unfortunately.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Hi, 

Prenderb.
    Hey Prenderb.

You could look at the LG 50UM7500 coming in at 479 Euro. Very well spec'd for the money.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204066-lg-50um7500pla-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

This has lots of smart apps on board. You will not get any of the UK catch up apps like BBC iplayer etc due to your location but you should get RTE player.

Freeview plus in a UK based platform and will not work in the South Of Ireland unfortunately.

Kenny.
    Thanks for the recommend, order on the way!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi, 

Prenderb.
    Hey Prenderb.

Kenny.
    Thanks for the recommend, order on the way!
    No problem Prenderb! Let me know if you have any issues with the order!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.