Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advise please

• 03-04-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi
    I need to give up work as my mother has cancer. She usually babysits for me and under the circumstances she isn't a position to do so. With the current coronavirus crisis it is impossible to also get childcare.
    My mother will be under going surgery and then treatment and will require some help going through this.
    I have no experience of welfare apart from maternity leave.
    My query is what should I apply for?
    I live at home with my parents and my children. I am not married but I am still in a relationship with my childrens dad and he stays over some nights. He pays maintenance for kids.
    I also have savings as I hope to one day buy a home for us.
    Please don't judge me for giving up my job but I do need advise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

If your giving up a job because of childcare, then your not entitled to claim for jobseekers payments.
    Depending on the age of your child maybe lone parents is an option? Altho i dunno how it works if the dad is paying maintenence and staying over several days a week.
    There maybe nothing you can apply for in this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭rebelwithcause

That's incorrect advice. You can apply for Covid Pandemic Unemployment Payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Random2016

Thank you for your replies... I am giving up work because my mam can't babysit but also because I will be caring for her once they start her cancer op etc.
    I have seen carers allowance but see its means tested so dunno how that works

Advertisement