Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you miss the pub?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Wait, it's the middle class that's partying away? I thought it was the middle class losing their sh1t over how "selfish" people are being.

It's the type of finger pointing the government will lap up. Divide and conquer.

Absolutely I've no class myself.
    Just an absolute mucker from the Banner county.

I've no problem with anyone partying and having a few dubes,drinks,banger or yolk's etc

But FFS clean up after yourselves and abide by the suggestions...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I always thought Clare was in Connaught if I am being honest. It kind of makes sense with the Shannon and all.

I thought you had to be on the senior county panel to be considered middle class in Clare anyways?

Is it true you can't get a job in Bunratty unless you're Protestant?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Do the right thing and report them.

Haha 😂

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I always thought Clare was in Connaught if I am being honest. It kind of makes sense with the Shannon and all.

I thought you had to be on the senior county panel to be considered middle class in Clare anyways?

Is it true you can't get a job in Bunratty unless you're Protestant?

The mouth of the Shannon is incompasimg Kerry,Clare and West Limerick, and the lower lake Lough Derg touches Munster as far as just below Portumna. There's probably more Munster sorounding the Shannon than any other Provence.

To be middle class in Clare you've to be fur coat and no knickers ;)

Last time I was in Bunratty was on a school tour in 1982 but I think you are mixing your anology about the Protestant thing with Blarney Castle as a friend of mine worked there and he actually told me most of the workers there in the 90's were church of Ireland lol :) even though the majority of them had a Cork accent but their Cork accents had that Montenotti or Lover's Walk twangy tone...

:)

Got an A+ in Geography in my leaving Cert :)

nthclare wrote: »
    The mouth of the Shannon is incompasimg Kerry,Clare and West Limerick, and the lower lake Lough Derg touches Munster as far as just below Portumna. There's probably more Munster sorounding the Shannon than any other Provence.

To be middle class in Clare you've to be fur coat and no knickers ;)

Last time I was in Bunratty was on a school tour in 1982 but I think you are mixing your anology about the Protestant thing with Blarney Castle as a friend of mine worked there and he actually told me most of the workers there in the 90's were church of Ireland lol :) even though the majority of them had a Cork accent but their Cork accents had that Montenotti or Lover's Walk twangy tone...

:)

Got an A+ in Geography in my leaving Cert :)

You are waffling now Banner Boy, as far as I know you have to be CofI to get an honour in Geography? It also helps if you are from Bandon or Baltimore. Most middle class prods find Montenotti insufferable, which is hardly surprising all things considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not always a fan of social media campaigns but happy to see pubs sticking up for themselves with #supportnotsympathy campaign today

Think they should be given a go and show they can use restrictions and distancing

This is some load of horse ****e

https://theliberal.ie/poll-results-53-of-people-think-pubs-should-not-be-allowed-reopen-on-august-31st/

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You are waffling now Banner Boy, as far as I know you have to be CofI to get an honour in Geography? It also helps if you are from Bandon or Baltimore. Most middle class prods find Montenotti insufferable, which is hardly surprising all things considered.

What's Cofl ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

nthclare wrote: »
    What's Cofl ?

Church of Ireland. Clare was once part of Connaught but was changed a few hundred years ago to suit an Earl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

had 7 pints last night in the local from 7-11 lovely just like old times so it was, match on got the burger and chips around 8. really great to be nearly back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Dickie10 wrote: »
    had 7 pints last night in the local from 7-11 lovely just like old times so it was, match on got the burger and chips around 8. really great to be nearly back to normal.

Sounds class. Was it busy?

• Advertisement

Did the same myself on Saturday Dickie watching the racing during the early shift. It was great to have a chat and a bit of banter aswell.
    Didn't enjoy the hangover though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

there were 5 tables in the bar all from same households bar my own i was with 2 single men and then 2 more joined me. there were about 6 people in lounge with nice background music. they were lads just finished silage job so suited them to have a chipper and few pints. everyone gone by 11 pm , really from 10 there were only 5 or 6 people left.

9.30pm last orders and out by 10pm the place i went into Saturday and think its was the same for other places nearby , A little grim seeing taxi ques that time of night

Guessing ill have to go out earlier til they might change the close to midnight. Its almost back to normal when you get the food out of the way. Cant say ive been moved on after 105 mins anywhere i went

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Did the same myself on Saturday Dickie watching the racing during the early shift. It was great to have a chat and a bit of banter aswell.
    Didn't enjoy the hangover though !!

Haven't had a hangover in a good while now. Kinda miss it.

Was in a pub in Athlone on Saturday night with the girlfriend. Booked in for food at 8.30. About 45 minutes into the meal the barman came up to us to say we could stay as long as we wanted. Stayed till after 11. Wanted to stay longer but she was tired. Was raging :mad:. Place was well organised. Loads of space between tables and no messing going on with customers

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

... lovely just like old times

Old times?
    It's only been months, not years!
    Thanks god the virus wasn't more threatening. Its seems like most of ye here would go insane without the pub and a bit of drunken "banter".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

COVID; making ditch drinking graaaand again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Love a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭aziz

Had a few in a pub tonight with some old friends,second time out since march,pub itself is a ****hole but enjoyed the banter.
    Can't wait until my regular pubs open

Old times?
    It's only been months, not years!
    Thanks god the virus wasn't more threatening. Its seems like most of ye here would go insane without the pub and a bit of drunken "banter".

one mans meat is another mans poison as they say,,
    for people who live alone, it's the company more than anything.
    it's also a bit of normality for everyone and really shouldn't be frowned upon.
    The couple of pubs i have gone to have been really well managed

• Advertisement

the **** by the government today would drive ya to drink

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

PTH2009 wrote: »

I posted this on the other thread but I will repeat it for you here.

I thought you would be happy this evening as it was announced that closing times are to be extended to 11.30 pm so an extra 30 mins for you to drink up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Not always a fan of social media campaigns but happy to see pubs sticking up for themselves with #supportnotsympathy campaign today

Think they should be given a go and show they can use restrictions and distancing

This is some load of horse ****e

https://theliberal.ie/poll-results-53-of-people-think-pubs-should-not-be-allowed-reopen-on-august-31st/

Didn't seem to get much traction unfortunately.

In regards that Liberal.ie poll, not that I'd be reading it, but that sounds about right for a website of that ilk. Likely to attract the young and "progressive" type who couldn't give a **** about the pub down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

The irony it's, that when September 13th comes and the pub's still aren't open, it will drive the number of house parties way up. Which is probably a recipe for disaster but hey, what do I know.....
    Would love a creamy pint right now though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The irony it's, that when September 13th comes and the pub's still aren't open, it will drive the number of house parties way up. Which is probably a recipe for disaster but hey, what do I know.....
    Would love a creamy pint right now though.....

Go out for dinner somewhere while we still can...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Meeting some friends tomorrow night for a meal and drinks. It will be my first time in a pub since the beginning of March so I’m intrigued to see what the experience will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Met a friend for a few pints and a bite last night. My third time trying it since the lockdown and I've learnt a valuable lesson. Pints and food for me are a bad mix. Just leaves you overly full. Think next time I'll go on shorts or a few glasses of vino. Generally stay away from them on a normal midweek catch up 'cause they can be sneaky :D but with the early closes and that it should be ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In regards that Liberal.ie poll, not that I'd be reading it, but that sounds about right for a website of that ilk. Likely to attract the young and "progressive" type who couldn't give a **** about the pub down the road.

Something tells me that you don't know very much about theliberal.ie and its agenda.

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Meeting some friends tomorrow night for a meal and drinks. It will be my first time in a pub since the beginning of March so I’m intrigued to see what the experience will be like.

Have a blast and enjoy yourself.

Just remember the golden rule, if the barman jumps up on the counter and starts pouring shots down your gob.... to have a quick look around for camera phones. Ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Met a friend for a few pints and a bite last night. My third time trying it since the lockdown and I've learnt a valuable lesson. Pints and food for me are a bad mix. Just leaves you overly full. Think next time I'll go on shorts or a few glasses of vino. Generally stay away from them on a normal midweek catch up 'cause they can be sneaky :D but with the early closes and that it should be ok...
    I'm the same. I just can't mix the two. That's why I hate weddings and Christmas parties.

Advertisement