Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you miss the pub?

Options
1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Christmas this year will be a quiet affair. I haven't been in a pub except for a meal and a pint since August. I do miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing missing it dearly tonight

Waterford after winning in the hurling and then the rugby on

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

loads of places in dublin city doing take away pints. it's actual comical. obviously the vast majority are just walking/standing around drinking the pints not bringing them home lol. why are they letting this happen? there was quite a few today even with the rain and i can see if cases go down again by next weekend there'll be enough somewhere for more social media video outrage and faux surprise from politicians even tho they are letting them do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

How do take away pints work? Are they in plastic glasses and do people just stand outside the pub or walk around and then go back in for another? It does sound a bit comical. Would you not be better off with a few cans if you have to drink outside anyway. Can you go in to use the toilets? Do they do take away hot whiskeys?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yester wrote: »
    How do take away pints work? Are they in plastic glasses and do people just stand outside the pub or walk around and then go back in for another? It does sound a bit comical. Would you not be better off with a few cans if you have to drink outside anyway. Can you go in to use the toilets? Do they do take away hot whiskeys?

Same thought. Isn't it illegal to drink on the street, by local byelaws? It is in Cork anyway. Maybe not Dublin.

I can understand stout, needs to be draught, but I've seen people buy takeaway Heineken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

fin12 wrote: »
    North Korea I was thinking, with the political corrupt tv stations here. Your man Tony is our Kim John Un.

Tony holo-un

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

They give them to you in a plastic pint glass with a top. Most people I know go home with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Same thought. Isn't it illegal to drink on the street, by local byelaws? It is in Cork anyway. Maybe not Dublin.

I can understand stout, needs to be draught, but I've seen people buy takeaway Heineken.

It is in Dun Laoghaire anyway, guards were moving people on around the seafront last weekend, huge queues for one pub, was closed at one point to let crowds disperse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya and the coffees are just in takeaway coffee cups, it’s actually quite nice getting a takeaway baileys coffee, most of the people seem to only get the one drink and leave.

Don’t know what all the fuss is about, it’s pretty much the same as going to a coffee shop and getting a takeaway coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Stumbled across a pub nearby doing takeaway pints on Saturday. Jesus, lads, it was some pint of Guinness. The taste had me back to sitting by a fire in a cosy pub in winter. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 shazaam

It's obviously more relevant to stout drinkers, I can't see any good reason to pay over the odds for a takeaway pint instead of getting a few bottles at the offy/supermarket.

** Edit: I should qualify that by saying - I don't see the reason from a beer drinking point of view. From a "supporting struggling local pubs and other businesses" point of view - it's a sound thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Mustn't be in Dublin or else Temple Bar would be shut down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Plastic pint glasses. It's about supportign your local. I try to get a few pints from mine every weekend. Could be the difference between having a local and not the way things are going. One of my locals will let you use the jacks if you need to.

Advertisement