Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you miss the pub?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If they can't reasonably be expected stick to social distancing then they shouldn't be given a shot.
    Yes, that's what I am getting at, they would have to be given the all clear by a health inspector type person. If a restaurant is overrun with rats and has mouldy wooden counters then it cannot open. If the pub cannot show plans on how to police their own rules about distancing when going down narrow corridors to toilets then they are not allowed open.

I imagine there are already rules in place for fire exits and stuff like that. I wonder if offical rules would be as strict as the vitners ones.

If there are a small few pubs who can potentially comply then they are given a shot, but I still expect the drunken "anti-buzzkillers" might still ruin it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

its good some pubs are doing weekly quizzes etc online but cant treat the online DJ sets serious

dodgy looking fellas in tracksuits touching a load of buttons and mixing records, there getting there stash still no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

OK. So will you take social distancing seriously or are you going to act the maggot and go "back to normal"?

If the situation you're describe is as enviable as you say, then they will spread the virus amongst their own rural communities. So surely we should not open the pubs until social distancing isn't necessary, right?

sorry i suppose i didnt mean normal , i mean a lot of rural pubs will not have crowds in them , they were quiet before this , they will be even more quiet now. i just mean the counter you pay at might prob have a perspex screen as you have in the shop. then you tip off and chat while social distancing. sit at a stool or table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I dont miss the pub. But then again im not in my twenties anymore :D

most people who miss the pub are definitley not in there 20s. that age drink in houses and zoom each other or go to the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dickie10 wrote: »
    most people who miss the pub are definitley not in there 20s. that age drink in houses and zoom each other or go to the gym.

more fond of the snow than drink

on that topic i had the most crazy dream last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

sorry i suppose i didnt mean normal , i mean a lot of rural pubs will not have crowds in them , they were quiet before this , they will be even more quiet now. i just mean the counter you pay at might prob have a perspex screen as you have in the shop. then you tip off and chat while social distancing. sit at a stool or table.

OK. Have you looked at the VFI negotiation position? Theyre asking for table service- so no going to the bar. There will need to be facilities for distancing.

I know you're talking about your local pub somewhere in the country that's happy to not make a profit. That's not worth considering for the country as a whole because all the other pubs in the county need to make a profit.

I come from a village with one pub. You could say it's always empty but in fact it's busy on a Friday and Sunday night. Saturday night is packed with people standing close together and they do a special event every Monday night which is busy similar to Friday night. Those few hours on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights are when they make their profit.

It seems that you're just making this stuff up as you go along. There will be no going to the Bar for drinks, it will have to be table service. The people who live together can sit together as normal but everyone who doesn't live together will have to social distance.

Do you think distancing will be possible in your local pubs? If they can't or won't enforce distancing, should they be allowed to open?

Yeah, they're all zooming and going to the gym at the moment. If you want to find the ones in theor 20, you need to look in th gyms. Can't keep them out of the gym during the lockdown.

I mean, are you even being serious at the moment or are you just dreaming about what to want to happen?

It really seems like you have no idea what's happening and are just firing off ideas that aren't based in reality.

• Advertisement

on that topic i had the most crazy dream last night

Lete guess, you had a dream that you were in the pub with the lads and drinking pints?

I had a mate who gave up weed and said he dreamed about smoking weed and hanging out with the lads he uses to smoke with. Normal withdrawal/abstinence dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm kind of worried I won't go back to a pub for a long long time. It's getting to a stage where if I listened to what is being preached I'd need to bring my own sterile pint glasses and pour the pint myself to have any remote degree of safety.

I'm kind of worried I won't go back to a pub for a long long time. It's getting to a stage where if I listened to what is being preached I'd need to bring my own sterile pint glasses and pour the pint myself to have any remote degree of safety.

As. Long as yoh sterilise the tap after each user then that sounds fine.

The bar staff will pull the pints and provide fresh glasses, your only job will be to distance from everyone else in the pub. That's enough to be getting on with without making up silly stuff.

In fairness, distancing is about the most normal thing you could expect at the moment. Like, duh. The childishness around the topic is fascinating to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Been getting videos for a mate where the pub in his village has been open for the last 2 weeks. Takeaway food and pints served in the outdoor area in real glasses. They are only asking you to stay out of sight apparently, not to be seen at the front of the pub or going in and out
    I want to see on Monday what Charlie Chawkes operation will look like, thats the blueprint for everyone I reckon

Yeah, they're all zooming and going to the gym at the moment.
    That poster did not meant they are going to the gym now (which are obviously closed), they were saying before all this started they were not major pub goers, and would be going to gyms etc.

Drifter50 wrote: »
    I want to see on Monday what Charlie Chawkes operation will look like, thats the blueprint for everyone I reckon
    Restaurants are not until 29 June AFAIK.

One pub near me was meant to raided for having people in. I heard another near me had a visit from the gardai as they have an off licence attached to the pub and were serving takeaway pints from there but people were all in the carpark drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I use my own flagon down by the riverbank all the time. Much more hygienic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

There's loads of lads in there late teens/early 20s who like to go for a quiet pint on their own?

Covid19 isn't going anywhere. The pubs will reopen as well the rest of the economy. People will need to decide for themselves whether or not its risky to engage with society again. There are a lot of people anxious and scared about getting the virus and that's obviously understandable. There are others who are less so.

When Ireland opens up again I'll be back in the pubs and the shops and wherever else. I'll social distance where possible. I was visiting some friends last night. Four of us sat apart in the garden with some food and drinks. I'll be in the queue for Tesco Extra tomorrow to have a browse around. It's a choice. Other people can make a different choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

A pub in England is trying a new system where the glasses and menu are disposable and you have to use an app to make your order. A max of four people per table with glass partitions in between each one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Is that your answer to the question in thome post?

We need a strategy to get life back to normal. If people won't social distantce in pubs but will. Distance in B&Q, then the course of action is simple - allow B&Q to open and don't allow pubs to open until distancing isn't necessary. Otherwise we should just forget distancing and go back to normal and say 'to hell with whoever dies as a result'.

WHO state 1m is enough of a social distance. That’s double the amount of people allowed back in pubs. How about, just as a once off fcuking experiment, we treat Irish adults as adults?? Instead of this nanny state mess we always have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

A pub in England is trying a new system where the glasses and menu are disposable and you have to use an app to make your order. A max of four people per table with glass partitions in between each one.

It sounds like a prison meeting room with drink.
    I think, there is the genesis of a great film plot there!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Yeah I've seen people reach over each other to get things in the shop. It seems like a real blind spot even with people who seem to generally observe distancing. I'd say it's a nightmare for staff.

Enforcing distancing at the till queue while people are stationery, is good practice. I appreciate it would be difficult to enforce distancing while people are moving a round. In pubs people will be stationary at their tables almost all the time except going to the toilet or to smoke. So they have the opportunity to enforce distancing.

Do you think people would like being repeatedly told to distance when they're not staying the 1m or 2m apart from all the people at their table? Or asking people to demonstate they live together so they don't have to distance?

If they can't enforce distancing then thy shouldn't open. Pubs aren't special and shouldn't be considered differently to any other space. If distancing is still in place in general then everyone in pubs will need to distance.

Cool, so we need to shut down public transport. Constantly has people not adhering to social distancing. Shut it down. Supermarkets? Shut them down. Hospitals? Shut them down. Is that how it works??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

WHO state 1m is enough of a social distance. That’s double the amount of people allowed back in pubs. How about, just as a once off fcuking experiment, we treat Irish adults as adults?? Instead of this nanny state mess we always have.

The Healey Rae's would agree with you anyway, so you are not alone.

Same kind of talk when the smoking ban was introduced back in 2004

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fighting-talk-goes-up-in-smoke-at-compliant-healy-rae-s-pub-1.1137467

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

cdeb wrote: »
    No, you can meet people outside your household in phase 5, but social distancing will be remaining

You can meet people outside your household from tomorrow.

It's funny that so many posters are predicting that distancing goes "out the window" when the pubs open, and you're suggesting we just roll with it.

If the pubs can reasonably implement and enforce distancing, then fair enough. I think it would require a complete rethink because pubs are set up for intimacy and comradery - the opposite of distancing.

If they can do it and they actually intend to do it, and have all the plans in place, then fair enough. If they're just going to wing it, then no, they shouldn't open.

It's not about the ones who want to go to the pub. If they could take the risk on thmselves then it would be fine for them to take the risk - but they can't. It's pretty simple.

• Advertisement

Cool, so we need to shut down public transport. Constantly has people not adhering to social distancing. Shut it down. Supermarkets? Shut them down. Hospitals? Shut them down. Is that how it works??

I get that you're playing dumb, so I'll play along.

The difference is in the risk-reward calculations. Supermarkets are a risk and they're also pretty important because they sell food (food is necessary for life). Likewise, public transport is a risk and it's necessary to get people to and from work and work is pretty important to keep the country going. Hospitals are really high risk pla es at the moment and they're also pretty important too - you don't need this stuff explained to you.

Given that you're pretending to not understand the issue, it's too rich to also advocate for trusting people to behave well as adults. It weakens your position when you pretend to not understand the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It's funny that so many posters are predicting that distancing goes "out the window" when the pubs open, and you're suggesting we just roll with it.

If the pubs can reasonably implement and enforce distancing, then fair enough. I think it would require a complete rethink because pubs are set up for intimacy and comradery - the opposite of distancing.

If they can do it and they actually intend to do it, and have all the plans in place, then fair enough. If they're just going to wing it, then no, they shouldn't open.

It's not about the ones who want to go to the pub. If they could take the risk on thmselves then it would be fine for them to take the risk - but they can't. It's pretty simple.

Slightly related - do you expect single people to socially distance and not even attempt to meet somebody until we have a vaccine?

Social distancing is not here to stay long term, no matter what anyone thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭JoeLapira

Most people have adapted to social distancing measures in supermarkets, with several more different types of businesses to open prior to the pubs, I'm sure the vast majority of pub goers will also adapt to the new regulations as it will pretty much have become the new norm. Pretty much all the pubs in the town I live in serve food aswell so table service will not be a problem to them.

My roomate works in one of the pubs, that doesn't serve food, part time and has been in the pub several times helping with the refurbishment they are currently undertaking while closed. They have pretty much changed the entire layout to accommodate as many tables as possible while sticking to the 2 meter distance(they are hoping for it to be reduced to 1m so they can fit more in). They have finished up work this weekend and will be ready to open as soon as they have the go ahead.

Obviously there is going to be some teething problems, but their very optimistic. On a good Saturday night they would have 25 to 30 in the bar, thanks to their new layout, they can sit 16 at 2m and 32 at 1m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's a choice. Other people can make a different choice.

And if it was just a choice that impacted you then I'd agree, but it doesn't. Your choice could put others in your household at risk, those in work, your friends and anybody you happen to meet.

Not to mention your choice could lead to additional strain being put on the health service and the professionals that work in it. Who then ho on to risk others in their household, others at work.....

So its not just about you and your choice. It's about society and your role in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

JoeLapira wrote: »
      Most people have adapted to social distancing measures in supermarkets, with several more different types of businesses to open prior to the pubs, I'm sure the vast majority of pub goers will also adapt to the new regulations as it will pretty much have become the new norm. Pretty much all the pubs in the town I live in serve food aswell so table service will not be a problem to them.

My roomate works in one of the pubs, that doesn't serve food, part time and has been in the pub several times helping with the refurbishment they are currently undertaking while closed. They have pretty much changed the entire layout to accommodate as many tables as possible while sticking to the 2 meter distance(they are hoping for it to be reduced to 1m so they can fit more in). They have finished up work this weekend and will be ready to open as soon as they have the go ahead.

Obviously there is going to be some teething problems, but their very optimistic. On a good Saturday night they would have 25 to 30 in the bar, thanks to their new layout, they can sit 16 at 2m and 32 at 1m.

If they think they can fit only half less people at 2m over 1m then they haven't done their calculations correctly.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
      If they think they can fit only half less people at 2m over 1m then they haven't done their calculations correctly.

I haven't seen the layout so can only go off my roomates word. What he did say was the 1m distance allows them to fit in four booths which sit 4 people, and then 8 tables with 2 chairs each. 2m cuts out 2 off the booths and also 4 of the 2 seater tables. They have relocated the bathrooms and knocked the wall into what was the room with the pool table and by removing the pool table have freed up loads of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Are people seriously suggesting that you will have to ask to go toilet in this new set-up?

I know there is a certain nanny-state element to some of the restrictions, but I am fairly confident it won't be so severe that a grown adult will need permission to use the jacks.

Christ almighty. It's like when Red gets released from Shawshank after 40 years and is tipping away working in the supermarket, but keeps asking his boss can he take a piss break. We're not that institutionalised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Are people seriously suggesting that you will have to ask to go toilet in this new set-up?

I know there is a certain nanny-state element to some of the restrictions, but I am fairly confident it won't be so severe that a grown adult will need permission to use the jacks.

Christ almighty. It's like when Red gets released from Shawshank after 40 years and is tipping away working in the supermarket, but keeps asking his boss can he take a piss break. We're not that institutionalised.

Hearing a lot of talk of pubs upping the cost of a drink after this to try and claw back lost revenue. Maybe the case moreso for Dublin city venues.

Now I’m not suggesting that pubs will become obsolete in Ireland, you’d be mad to think that.

But if a tourist lands into Dublin after all this (or a local) and a pint is ten euro, could that be the pubs putting a nail in their own coffin? Especially when this summer will largely see people having barbecues and house drinking in gardens etc

At work, in the staff bathrooms we have closed off the middle sink in both bathrooms and the middle urinal in the mens. Obviously if there's a few people in the bathroom, common sense prevails and people wait outside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Apologies I didn’t mean to reply to your post, wasn’t related at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Yeah, temple bar pub punters in March didn’t do your theory much justice.

Some seem to be, the toilets are probability the biggest issue I see, pointed this out several times. IF, big IF they are to stick to the rules they have proposed then something like this might have to happen, or policing of toilets like supermarkets police the entry. How else do they stick to their own rule of 4 people per 10square metres?

If those rules do not apply to toilets or the corridors then you must amend the rules or risk being closed down by health officials, why on earth come up with rules you cannot stick to?

Many people have not thought it through, this is evident from the 2 posters thinking reducing the 2m rule to 1m means twice as many people fit in the pub! The planning and maths have to be done.

And not I am NOT saying if the rules are good or bad, just that they I doubt they can be adhered to, think of an actual computerised model of the vitners suggestion with not "ah jaysus" exemptions. If there is something which will be overlooked then change the rules.

I HAVE done computer models before for layouts requiring spacing, and we did discuss exemptions in the rules, e.g. a person passing by was fine as it was typically only for a few seconds. What I was doing was nowhere near as critical as these ones.

I already posted about the vitners rules
      Supermarkets would be nowhere near those rules.

The 10 square metres is falling out of the 2m distancing. Queues for toilets would need those markers on the ground to comply and I had said before it would be out the door, just like queues at supermarkets. Many already break the rules at supermarkets, I have seen people in front of me together who obviously do not live together as they were loudly discussing stuff going on as though they had not seen each other in ages.

Toilets in many pubs have narrow walkways to go down, so if you have to adhere to the 10sqm rule you need further distancing, as traffic is going both ways. If you think of it as a mathematical problem you will realise how hard it is. If people are to say "ah jaysus, sure he's only passing by for a split second, we didn't mean to be that strict" then fine! put it in the rules, stop putting out bullsh!t rules which are absolutely not going to be adhered to.

-Are people seriously suggesting that you will have to ask to go toilet in this new set-up?
      -Are the vitners seriously suggesting their members will be able to get customers to adhere to the 4 people per 10m squared rule in ALL areas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

With some adaption many pubs, not all, will be able to have social distance. The main problem will be the toilets and access. They will have to come up with systems to regulate entry and exit disinfection. Not asking permission but some way to limit access without it pubs won't be able to keep social distancing.

rubadub wrote: »
      Some seem to be, the toilets are probability the biggest issue I see, pointed this out several times. IF, big IF they are to stick to the rules they have proposed then something like this might have to happen, or policing of toilets like supermarkets police the entry. How else do they stick to their own rule of 4 people per 10square metres?

If those rules do not apply to toilets or the corridors then you must amend the rules or risk being closed down by health officials, why on earth come up with rules you cannot stick to?

Many people have not thought it through, this is evident from the 2 posters thinking reducing the 2m rule to 1m means twice as many people fit in the pub! The planning and maths have to be done.

And not I am NOT saying if the rules are good or bad, just that they I doubt they can be adhered to, think of an actual computerised model of the vitners suggestion with not "ah jaysus" exemptions. If there is something which will be overlooked then change the rules.

I HAVE done computer models before for layouts requiring spacing, and we did discuss exemptions in the rules, e.g. a person passing by was fine as it was typically only for a few seconds. What I was doing was nowhere near as critical as these ones.

I already posted about the vitners rules

-Are people seriously suggesting that you will have to ask to go toilet in this new set-up?
      -Are the vitners seriously suggesting their members will be able to get customers to adhere to the 4 people per 10m squared rule in ALL areas?

As I said I'm just going off what my roomate has said, they have had the tables laid out in the pub following both the 2m and 1m rule. I presume each table is 2m or 1m from each other table in every direction.

As for toilets, pubs are going to be operating a limited capacity, i doubt everyone is going to be going to toilet all at once every single time. Can't see there being a need to queue to use the jacks.

AdamD wrote: »

Slightly related - do you expect single people to socially distance and not even attempt to meet somebody until we have a vaccine?

Social distancing is not here to stay long term, no matter what anyone thinks.

Depends what you mean. I expect the guidelines to be there until there's a vaccine. I don't think everyone will adhere to it all the time and in all instances.

Most people adhere to the guidelines and a few people are dickhead and don't adhere to them.

You might have seen the reaction to travellers who weren't social distancing. it would be the same with anyone who disregards distancing.

There's a difference between an individual who goes on a date and disregards distance, and a business that disregard distancing.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Love a pint now.

I get that you're playing dumb, so I'll play along.

The difference is in the risk-reward calculations. Supermarkets are a risk and they're also pretty important because they sell food (food is necessary for life). Likewise, public transport is a risk and it's necessary to get people to and from work and work is pretty important to keep the country going. Hospitals are really high risk pla es at the moment and they're also pretty important too - you don't need this stuff explained to you.

Given that you're pretending to not understand the issue, it's too rich to also advocate for trusting people to behave well as adults. It weakens your position when you pretend to not understand the issue.

Groups of teenagers using the buses aren't going to/coming from work. I use 4 buses daily to get to/from work. So I have an understanding of who is using them and who is socially distancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Wouldn't bother me of I never set foot in a pub again. Over priced kips.

I certainly think the way we go to the pubs will change though. It'll be more about food and a few social drinks now than going out at 6 in the evening and not leaving until 2 that morning bollixed drunk. A good thing probably.

Groups of teenagers using the buses aren't going to/coming from work. I use 4 buses daily to get to/from work. So I have an understanding of who is using them and who is socially distancing.

Right. So you do understand that public transport is necessary to get people to and from work. It's such a pity that you keep pretending not to get it.

There's very little you or I can do about the dickheads who want to flout the rules. There probably isn't a tenth of the garda time necessary to tackle all cases of people not distancing. But, as we both.know, public transport both a risk and necessary - so no, if shouldn't be closed down because it's a risk. Pubs are different as they're not necessary in the first place.

I mean, you suggested supermarkets, public transport and hospitals should be closed because they're a risk. In hindsight, wasn't that a silly argument for you to make?

saabsaab wrote: »
        With some adaption many pubs, not all, will be able to have social distance. The main problem will be the toilets and access. They will have to come up with systems to regulate entry and exit disinfection. Not asking permission but some way to limit access without it pubs won't be able to keep social distancing.

Given that you're saying some pubs won't be able to have distance, should those pubs be allowed to open or just the ones that can distance?

Should all pubs be checked for space ans distancing procedures before they open and if they can't provide distancing then they just have to say closed until distancing isn't necessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Wouldn't bother me of I never set foot in a pub again. Over priced kips.

I certainly think the way we go to the pubs will change though. It'll be more about food and a few social drinks now than going out at 6 in the evening and not leaving until 2 that morning bollixed drunk. A good thing probably.

I'd be much the same really and actually would occasionally go for something to eat (with or without the drink depending on if I am driving) now and then, but the idea of going out for a night of drinking and coming home having spent a fortune for it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I did it in my 20s alright but these days I have other priorities.

That said, I think I will make an effort to support my closest pub with the aforementioned dinner or lunch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

JoeLapira wrote: »
        At work, in the staff bathrooms we have closed off the middle sink in both bathrooms and the middle urinal in the mens. Obviously if there's a few people in the bathroom, common sense prevails and people wait outside.
        No cottaging so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Given that you're saying some pubs won't be able to have distance, should those pubs be allowed to open or just the ones that can distance?

Should all pubs be checked for space ans distancing procedures before they open and if they can't provide distancing then they just have to say closed until distancing isn't necessary?

If they can't adapt they will have to stay closed until they can.

saabsaab wrote: »
        If they can't adapt they will have to stay closed until they can.

Yeah I'd agree with that. If they can't adapt then they shouldn't open. It's nobody's fault, it's just the way things have changed.

• Advertisement

surely the need to social distance will peter out when numbers of cases drop to say 20? how on earth can life go on if we are social distancing. like if you got rid of the mandatory social distancing and leave it optional for people would it not solve all these problems?

Advertisement