Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you miss the pub?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Risteard81 wrote: »
    No, yours is. Read the Sinn Féin Constitution and it clearly states that recognition of Leinster is "an act of treachery, to be dealt with as such."

I dont need to read it, i know what happened in 1986

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I’d say Vradkar doesn’t even know what a pub is. Imagine mingling with the lower classes.

To be fair I saw him squished up in the middle of a drunken dance floor in Street 66 late last year.
    I do think aul Leo enjoys a bit of craic alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Risteard81 wrote: »
    They both belong in jail for life for Treason. And they can stick their stupid gas masks where the sun don't shine. There is a reason the US Constitution permits citizens to keep and bear arms to prevent tyrannical governments.

That "tyrannical government" ****e in USA is just a thinly-veiled effort to replace government of the people with tyranny by billionaire oil, gas and tobacco moguls who want to be free of every government-imposed restraint so that they can ride ordinary folk roughshod. And the educational system is so awful in some states that the baboons have bought it hook, line and sinker. Hopefully the days of the deranged, imbecilic conman are numbered.
    Their "freedom" is the freedom to bully and blackguard the rest of humanity.
    But if you want to benefit from that awful system you had better shag off to there without delay before the Trumpet is found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

feargale wrote: »
    That "tyrannical government" ****e in USA is just a thinly-veiled effort to replace government of the people with tyranny by billionaire oil, gas and tobacco moguls who want to be free of every government-imposed restraint so that they can ride ordinary folk roughshod. And the educational system is so awful in some states that the baboons have bought it hook, line and sinker. Hopefully the days of the deranged, imbecilic conman are numbered.
    Their "freedom" is the freedom to bully and blackguard the rest of humanity.
    But if you want to benefit from that awful system you had better shag off to there without delay before the Trumpet is found out.

I think the both of you should take this nonsense to another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

What is the story with hotel bars? We are booked to go away for a 3 day break in a hotel in my own county (keep it local etc etc) from 5th - 8th August. Was looking forward to a few pints in the lobby each evening. Not been in a pub in 5 months due to being a rural dweller so all the local pubs remain closed as they do not serve food.................
    I assume we can only have a pint with dinner and that is that for the night? Or is room service allowed......can't see why not?

I have just read through the small print of the booking. It is indeed only at the designated meal time that alcohol can be purchased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

km79 wrote: »
    I have just read through the small print of the booking. It is indeed only at the designated meal time that alcohol can be purchased

Some hotels are moving you to the lobby following your meal and continue to serve you there. Others will leave you at your table in the restaurant or bar and just keep your bill open. All serm to be doing something different

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

'
    In fairness there is only one poster spouting nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can we not make pubs over 35's and keep the ones in naughty countys closed, i.e Dublin.

Can we not make pubs over 35's and keep the ones in naughty countys closed, i.e Dublin.

ah cop on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ah cop on

What's your plan. Wait until Dublin is under control, pubs will never open. Dublin is a constant offender.

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1283458170573250560?s=20

I think you should appreciate that the initiating nonsense to which I responded should not be left out there unchallenged, unless of course you are neutral on the other fellow's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I think you should appreciate that the initiating nonsense to which I responded should not be left out there unchallenged, unless of course you are neutral on the other fellow's post.

Theres a report button

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Temple bar is one of the reasons that the pub opening has been put back. Pubs or areas that aren't able to take due care, witihin reason, should remain closed. Country pubs should be alright in most cases.

Theres a report button

For reporting the expression of an opinion with which I disagree? If you don't mind I will take direction from a mod, thank you.

I'll leave it at that. Good day, sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

saabsaab wrote: »
    Temple bar is one of the reasons that the pub opening has been put back. Pubs or areas that aren't able to take due care, witihin reason, should remain closed. Country pubs should be alright in most cases.

Temple bar would be like a ghost town if it opened, no gullible foreigners to fleece.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Temple bar would be like a ghost town if it opened, no gullible foreigners to fleece.

You mustn't have seen the crowds there a few days back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Half of the cases are in one county, Laois hasn't had a case in over 3 weeks and yet people living in both places are following the exact same restrictions. It's far from nonsense to suggest a more localised approach which is happening in most other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭HBC08

km79 wrote: »
    What is the story with hotel bars? We are booked to go away for a 3 day break in a hotel in my own county (keep it local etc etc) from 5th - 8th August. Was looking forward to a few pints in the lobby each evening. Not been in a pub in 5 months due to being a rural dweller so all the local pubs remain closed as they do not serve food.................
    I assume we can only have a pint with dinner and that is that for the night? Or is room service allowed......can't see why not?

I was away for a break (in probably the same county as you if I'm right) last week.
    No problem drinking as long as we liked in the bar after meal.
    was at a local hotel for a meal a few days before that and although we had to give up the table after about 2 hours (it was booked) we could stay on in the lobby and drink as long as we liked.
    You've nothing to worry about enjoy your break.

You mustn't have seen the crowds there a few days back!

I saw the crowds but that wasn't Temple Bar, there were web cam pics of Temple bar the same night and it was empty

• Advertisement

What's your plan. Wait until Dublin is under control, pubs will never open. Dublin is a constant offender.

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1283458170573250560?s=20

could have something too do with Dublin being the most densely populated county in Ireland perhaps, and if you see paterns with c19 is the densely populated areas get butt ****ed

Too small a country for silliness like localised lockdowns. Definitely not unless they were bringing back in the travel restrictions (probably needed again at this stage).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Redo91 wrote: »
    What a f**king farce of a decision! Feel very sorry for any publicans that have to wait that long. Does the gov want to run them into the ground or what?! The €9 meal makes no sense! No logic to it!

Logic is, there are a lot of pubs where food is a major, one pub I know it’s THE major source of income, you don’t have people falling around, kissing, hugging and messing after a feed of spaghetti carbonara or the roast beef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

On the 4th of June, the day before cabinet met and decided that 5 phases be condensed to 4 there was 38 cases, and on the 3rd there was 44 cases. So what's the actual threshold here because the guy tasked with modelling of the virus patterns has told us the R rate is not as important now that the virus has been suppressed and stabilized.

Based on Josepha Madigans tweet it sounds like yesterdays cases played a big part in "informing" the decision. And it looks pretty evident from low cases today and Monday that there has been some lag in reporting that caused it to be higher than it has been.

Too small a country for silliness like localised lockdowns. Definitely not unless they were bringing back in the travel restrictions (probably needed again at this stage).

Better localised lockdowns than a complete countrywide one, again.

Then bring back in the travel restrictions. Pointless without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You’d have people upping sticks to stay with friends and relatives... could cause more issue than its trying to solve.

RoryMac wrote: »
    I saw the crowds but that wasn't Temple Bar, there were web cam pics of Temple bar the same night and it was empty

Checked, it was Dame lane so you are correct but it's not that far away!

Checked, it was Dame lane so you are correct but it's not that far away!

Yes it is very close but I think what happened in Dame Lane and similar potentially happening again if the pubs had opened could be dealt with a lot easier by Guards going to pubs or areas like Dame Lane and closing them down rather than continuing a nationwide shutdown of pubs which will keep 1000's of workers on government assistance and probably put some pubs out of business.

There has been a slight increase in numbers in the last 7 days which I would've thought was to be expected when moving between phases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

maherhonda wrote: »
    My friends are planning to do a pub crawl on Saturday.

Probably visit 5 or 6 pubs, get wings or toasted sandwiches in each or something and then move onto the next pub after the 100 minutes is up.

They'll probably be sculling pints because of the 100 minute rule for each one.

They don't give a ****e about having to spend 9 euro in each one for some food.

The exact kind of actions that will keep myself and other bar staff out of work even longer. Jesus people are talking about not having to be treated like infants and then you have people like them going out of their way to find loopholes in the guidelines so they can get off their face, screw the consequences. I'm annoyed at the extension of the closure but if your friends are an example of what people wanted to do next week I'm kinda glad I'm not dealing with them :/

Advertisement