Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Beautiful April evening. Out walking since 6.30pm. Anyone can, get out for the last of the day. Would do you good.

Are you trying to get your positive post rating % up Naggdefy? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Doesn't look good for Boris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Sorry, but I can't help laughing about the sudden turnaround in compassion for the Prime minister on this thread.

People who have been prolifically posting here for weeks proclaiming this news really brings it home to them?????

The people who died over the last week, neighbours, grandparents, just didn't do it for them???

most people here would be more familiar with boris than any of the anonymous people who have died so far in ireland so yeah it would hammer it home a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I do hope Boris pulls through. Yes he's a bit of a buffoon and very unpolished as a political leader but I like that about him. Don't think he's particularly a bad person either he went with herd immunity at first because that's the advice he was recieving at the time and reserved course in short order. I think people are particularly cruel comparing him to Trump, Trump is a horrible human being and President as well as self centered.

Boris is one of those posh English dudes that we Irish tend to get along with just fine.

Remember “Ted & Ralph” from the Fast Show?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_and_Ralph

Doesn't look good for Boris.

why? is there some new news in the last couple of minutes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Tordelback wrote: »
    Seriously mate. I'm just back from our one and only daily walk/jog around the industrial estste with my kids (no park within 2km) - care to tell me what I and your similar suspect are doing that deviates one iota from Govt instructions?

This isn't a Red Weather warning, this is a policy designed to limit spread. As long as we're keeping contacts to the household, we're doing our job, indoor or outdoor.

And if a family walks past you on the footpath only a metre apart ye would be highly unlikely to contaminate each other either.

Same as all the people on a beach, once families are spaced out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

tuxy wrote: »
    I was not being critical of the decisions made I was pointing out that a high initial viral load can have an impact on how the infection develops.

So his decision to shake hands with Corona Virus patients has proved to be extremely unwise.
    I wonder has he developed this bilateral interstitial pneumonia that a previous poster mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Renjit wrote: »
    Ventilator is the last stage to recover.

No one is reporting yet that he has gone on a ventilator. That poster is stirring ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Boris is one of those posh English dudes that we Irish tend to get along with just fine.

Remember “Ted & Ralph” from the Fast Show?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_and_Ralph

He reminds me of major Sinclair in the Irish rm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Boggles wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets out, he deserves a yellow for his stupidity not a red.

I would not be giving the yellow card to Boris, but to Boris's chief scientific advisor Sir Patrick (herd immunity) Vallance.
    Boris is a good egg whi brings quite a bit of colour into Westminster, and I wish him well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

How's Ryan Tubridy doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He's in ICU, goes without saying it doesn't look good for anyone to find themselves in a bed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just the whole in intensive care.

froog wrote: »
    most people here would be more familiar with boris than any of the anonymous people who have died so far in ireland so yeah it would hammer it home a bit.

How much more hammering it home do you need, froog?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sorry, but I can't help laughing about the sudden turnaround in compassion for the Prime minister on this thread.

People who have been prolifically posting here for weeks proclaiming this news really brings it home to them?????

The people who died over the last week, neighbours, grandparents, just didn't do it for them???

Seriously! Not a fan of Boris but I would not wish this on him or on anyone because I don't like their politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Renjit wrote: »
    Ventilator is the last stage to recover.

It can be a last resort. From what I have read only 20% recover after being put on a ventilator. All the best to him.

Hurrache wrote: »
    He's in ICU, goes without saying it doesn't look good for anyone to find themselves in a bed in there.

well some say it's at least a 50% recovery rate, so let's say "It's looking good for him" so. Be a little positive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

So now that sweaty baboon Raab has his finger on the nuclear button !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

How much more hammering it home do you need, froog?

not sure what exactly you're getting all worked up over to be honest. do you hate boris or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

hawkelady wrote: »
    I hope you have your fingers crossed for everyone in icu and not just a leader of a country that you’ve never met before ! Jesus

No, just Boris so far, as I don't know anything about any of the other victims in ICU

• Advertisement

saabsaab wrote: »
    It can be a last resort. From what I have read only 20% recover after being put on a ventilator. All the best to him.

who confirmed he was on a ventilator?

spookwoman wrote: »
    Seriously! Not a fan of Boris but I would not wish this on him or on anyone because I don't like their politics.

How could you possibly get anything different from my post???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Just looking at next door getting a take away delivered. The driver with no gloves and wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Why are take aways still allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

who confirmed he was on a ventilator?

Nobody but the info. is being drip fed.

This time last night it was tests and precaution.

This afternoon he supposedly tweeted all is well and he is in touch with his team.

Raab admits he has not spoken to him since Saturday.

Read between the lines, this is a lot worse than was being portrayed.

froog wrote: »

'The anonymous people who have died so far in Ireland'

Ffs froog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Watching the coverage on Sky News. There was a few commentators being interviewed - they all spoke about the need to take the virus seriously now, as if the whole thing is still some sort of surprise or unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

That is very scary. I doubt I’m the only one who got a bit of the fear when our Dr Tony had to go to hospital, it’s a horrible thing for the people of the UK, as well as for him and his family personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,566 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So now that sweaty baboon Raab has his finger on the nuclear button !

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement