Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

It's hard to scan that one actually. Not sure what the concern is, is it take aways in general? Take aways allowed during COVID19? Is it the neighbour? Is it concern for inappropriate clothing for the current weather?
    It's a new religion.
    Ultra Orthodox Lock Down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Cuomo presser from this afternoon in NYC says definitely not. Lock down will be extended there.

Boris going into ICU this evening also points to an extension..

I really can’t see any easing until mid summer at the earliest.

I know optimism isn't allowed in here but its looking like NY and a lot of the US is reaching its peak now, same with the UK. In the US, outside of NYC, nowhere has become overwhelmed and there are plenty of ICU beds available. If thats the case then it will mean some easing in several weeks time. Why would Boris going into ICU mean an extension of restrictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Boris now in intensive care, not looking good

Old news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭touts

MikeSoys wrote: »
    did Mary Louise McDonald have rant today, giving out about varadkar about him helping out 1 day a month... anyone got a link to it send it on thanks

Didn't hear but probably. She is going nuts at the fact that she is largely being sidelined through this whole crisis. She clearly believed her own hype about being the leader of the country because only 76% of the population voted against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

jos28 wrote: »
    Yay, Claire Byrne is out of her shed !!

They felt it was time to release her, the constant blasting of the song

''I've Got To Break Free'' was annoying the neighbours .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

owlbethere wrote: »
    I wish people would understand that this virus doesn't understand age.

Tell me about it, for my last birthday sars-cov2 got me a birthday cake but had the wrong number of candles on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Raab scares me. He's a villanous piece of sh:t.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

plodder wrote: »
    There's been a definite downward trend in deaths in Spain and Italy. Possibly the UK, but too soon to be definite. .

Regarding the UK figures, the figures last monday were lower, only for them to rise the next day. There may be some diffculty around ascertaining true figures over the weekend. If the UK were to get three days of a declining mortality rate that could well indicate the Virus has peaked there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

MikeSoys wrote: »
    did Mary Louise McDonald have rant today, giving out about varadkar about him helping out 1 day a month... anyone got a link to it send it on thanks

Last I heard she was in a safe house recovering from a virus of some kind, and now today it seems like she's been sniping from the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Boris now in intensive care, not looking good

The amount of "not looking good" posts on here!

If your dad or ma was in ICU on a ventilator (and they haven't even confirmed that Boris is on one) would you be saying "it's not looking good" or would you be saying "hope they get better soon" ????????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

All the best to Boris, but my god how the British media love to fawn...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Have we a time for the Dons press briefing this evening?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The amount of "not looking good" posts on here!

If your dad or ma was in ICU on a ventilator (and they haven't even confirmed that Boris is on one) would you be saying "it's not looking good" or would you be saying "hope they get better soon" ????????
    Been there P and though I hoped for the latter, I was mindful of the former and the former it turned out to be.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Terribly inconsiderate questions from Claire Byrne to Jon Snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    All the best to Boris, but my god how the British media love to fawn...

It would be exactly the same here if our Taoiseach was taken seriously ill ...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

Last I heard she was in a safe house recovering from a virus of some kind, and now today it seems like she's been sniping from the sidelines.
    I thought she infected the virus and it decided to self isolate.

No one wants Boris to lose this fight, but it's a huge wake up call to us all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭threeball

lawred2 wrote: »

If you want a real pos theres one on sky now, Iain Duncan Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Recommend this movie strongly for those that are now on neighbourhood watch.

v1.bTsxMTE3NzgwNTtqOzE4NDQ0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wibbs wrote: »
    Been there P and though I hoped for the latter, I was mindful of the former and the former it turned out to be.

fair enough Wibbs, but point being that in advance you weren't calling it as not looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

lawred2 wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

Scares me too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

God, Jon Snow very downbeat on Claire Byrne there. Gives a glimpse of the effect it will have on the British public if he doesn't pull through.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Tandey wrote: »
    Stupidity of the highest order if true.

I don’t think he was deliberately shaking hands with sick patients of Covid19. Also he was doing the same and what Leo and Harris are doing - acting on medical advice given. He could have caught it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭threeball

Hopefully he pulls through and its a wake up call for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lesnar Defender

We are practising herd immunity too. The only way to become immune in the next 12 months is to get it. The same amount of people will get it but it will just be done over a longer period of time which will reduce the death toll among those who have got the virus. This doesn't take into account the lives lost and livelihoods ruined due to the economic damage that the lockdown has caused. I wouldn't like to be the one making these decisions.
    baldwin12marchfig3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Has the last 2/3 weeks of news not woke you up?

Why is it that a PM of the UK has to go into intensive care because we all wake up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I can't stand the tories or the guy's politics (or lack of) but am absolutely shellshocked by Boris in ICU. It would be an awful symbol for the country and i know he isn't the healthiest guy around but neither is he anywhere near as unhealthy as so many out there. I don't dare look up the last PM to die in office. I don't dare to even go in my garden after this news!

threeball wrote: »
    Hopefully he pulls through and its a wake up call for him too.

Trump too has the attitude, '' won't happen to me'' Far too many people around Trump, all sharing objects and breathing all over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Do French hospitals have much higher ICU capacity than Italy? I havnt heard about triage in French hospitals yet but they have over 7000 patients in ICU, vs 4000 in Italy. France has the highest number of patients in ICU in the world after the USA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

I am finding it hard to imagine that a portion of people (the usual suspects) are going to adhere to the restrictions/social distancing stuff as we enter the easter break/weekend. Cops will have to be out in force for some beaches and walking spots if they intend on keeping the restrictions in place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement