Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

obesity seems to play quite a big role.

Dont know why it isnt being urging people to lose weight who are carrying excess weight,
    It could save your self.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

We are practising herd immunity too. The only way to become immune in the next 12 months is to get it. The same amount of people will get it but it will just be done over a longer period of time

Wrong Assumption Learn what an Ro is and then reassess.

https://www.healthline.com/health/r-nought-reproduction-number#rsubsubvalues

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

MipMap wrote: »
    I thought she infected the virus and it decided to self isolate.

She a beast of a lass! Take some amount of virus to knock her out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

MD1990 wrote: »

Dont know why it isnt being urging people to lose weight who are carrying excess weight,
    It could save your self.

Pretty sure people who are overweight are constantly urged to lose excess weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

plodder wrote: »
    God, Jon Snow very downbeat on Claire Byrne there. Gives a glimpse of the effect it will have on the British public if he doesn't pull through.

Would you mind summarising what he said, thanks. Cannot watch it, but sure I can get it on the wonderful player tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Pretty sure people who are overweight are constantly urged to lose excess weight.

Isn't that not fat shaming? No no can't be having that, give them a bed immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭threeball

Trump too has the attitude, '' won't happen to me'' Far too many people around Trump, all sharing objects and breathing all over him.

I doubt he gets away unscathed. Too many contacts to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I am at a loss to understand the stir-crazy attitude of some - this isn't even the second week of these tougher restrictions and you'd think some were veritable prisoners (+_+)

The economy will just be in stasis and in time growth will come - it's better than thousands dieing because our health services can't cope.

Boris going into ICU is grim news - I do hope he pulls through - it will really affect the mood in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

touts wrote: »
    Didn't hear but probably. She is going nuts at the fact that she is largely being sidelined through this whole crisis. She clearly believed her own hype about being the leader of the country because only 76% of the population voted against her.

Isn't that the same percentage of people who voted against Leo and Micheál too? Yet no sniping at MM automatically expecting the top job. :confused:

Anyway, the gormless political jibes should really be taken to another thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Terribly inconsiderate questions from Claire Byrne to Jon Snow.

Unnecessarily adversarial and aggressive.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

It could save your self.

I got a stupid theory. No evidence whatsoever. Just a gut feel as to why men

die more than women and it is cos men are normally bigger, fatter than women. This virus likes big people with lots of cells.

That's why China, Singapore, Japan etc are doing so well cos they are all smaller than us.

Told you it was Thick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Claire Byrne asking very poor questions. We dont have the resources to test everyone. No country does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

die more than women and it is cos men are normally bigger, fatter than women. This virus likes big people with lots of cells.

That's why China, Singapore, Japan etc are doing so well cos they are all smaller than us.

Told you it was Thick

Pure bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

That actually means he's not on a ventilator.

That it does. However if you think we are being fully advised as to his health treatment by Downing Street then think again. It was clear since yesterday that this was a serious situation for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

No one wants Boris to lose this fight, but it's a huge wake up call to us all

Agreed.

I hope he recovers and it galvanizes UK. Even the part of me that despises Trump wants to see the USA galvanise itself and get its sh^t together , even if Trump manages to take the credit.

I’ve been watching this for months and it’s truly shocking and upsetting to see what was theory back in January , looks like In practice. This is all just one long knightmare for everyone.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could all find a common ground on this and use it as a way to unite. We are all stuck on this rock together and none of us are perfect. We could make it so much easier if we just learned to get along. That’s why I don’t see targeting China as helpful on any capacity, that will just divide us all further.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Told you it was Thick

Yeah possibly being smaller is an advantage.

Maybe why so it doesnt affect 0-15 years barely at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭threeball

Shes a dose. She was at the same sh1te on the electoral debates. Loving herself.

Was not going to watch it - last time she licked his arse (virtually)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why do we need to test? Is it to force the positive ones into isolation ? But if you think about it, only people who feel ill in Ireland are getting tested, and you would imagine, unless they have been living under a rock, that they would isolate from people already if they feel themselves that they have it, and they must think they have it when they demand a test.

It's a hard one to figure out, as people who are very ill will present themselves at hospital, regardless of testing. Full lockdown for a month, no testing, and see who presents would be same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Thats the covid coming out in her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The amount of "not looking good" posts on here!

If your dad or ma was in ICU on a ventilator (and they haven't even confirmed that Boris is on one) would you be saying "it's not looking good" or would you be saying "hope they get better soon" ????????

Probably both is what most people would say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

Would you mind summarising what he said, thanks. Cannot watch it, but sure I can get it on the wonderful player tomorrow.
    He just looked a bit shell-shocked and was saying stuff like "if he pulls through" with a noticeable air of doubt in his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

wadacrack wrote: »
    Claire Byrne asking very poor questions. We dont have the resources to test everyone. No country does.

Yeah pure nonsense.. she has a Pulitzer in her own head..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Just looking at next door getting a take away delivered. The driver with no gloves and wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Why are take aways still allowed?

Ah , we have a curtain twitcher here .... did the delivery guy call into you and give you a hug? Give over and get back to washing your hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

wadacrack wrote: »

Then she gives it the passive aggressive "...in your words". Painful. Belligerent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

marilynrr wrote: »
    I'm not sure about those viruses but I know that with HIV some people that are HIV positive can have so little of the virus in their blood that it's called an undetectable viral load. I believe it's impossible or nearly impossible to pass it on in that case!!

There’s a term called infectious dose which is a better term in this case than VL, if you get a few virus particles in your body (Respiratory system in this case) then it invades cells and multiplies damaging the cells as it does so. If you take a higher dose of particles such as working in an environment where sick people are coughing/sneezing around you compared to say touching your face with your hand the obviously you take in far more particles which then replicate over the same timeline. In this case your respiratory system incurs more damage before your immune system can fight off the infection.

This is why it’s important for frontline healthcare works to have correct PPE, a) try to prevent infection b) to lessen exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The amount of "not looking good" posts on here!

If your dad or ma was in ICU on a ventilator (and they haven't even confirmed that Boris is on one) would you be saying "it's not looking good" or would you be saying "hope they get better soon" ????????

The luxury of distance means you can be honest. If anyone I knew was in ICU I'd be willing them the best and hoping they make it through but I'd know they were in a battle for their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

plodder wrote: »
    He just looked a bit shell-shocked and was saying stuff like "if he pulls through" with a noticeable air of doubt in his voice.

He’d have the inside track too, as a journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Maestro85 wrote: »
    I am finding it hard to imagine that a portion of people (the usual suspects) are going to adhere to the restrictions/social distancing stuff as we enter the easter break/weekend. Cops will have to be out in force for some beaches and walking spots if they intend on keeping the restrictions in place.

I would be very much in favour of heavy fines and heavy handed policing if idiots decide to go out to these places. This is life or death and we can't allow these idiots to ruin it for us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

Sky News : Boris given oxygen before going into ICU. Stressing that he’s NOT gone onto a ventilator. ( which means he has. )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement