Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Completely OT but on the vitamin D issue...

I had been double dosing on vitamin D for many months, taking 50ug rather than the 25ug.

Had my vit D tested recently and my doc quizzed it. Way over high.

She asked me if I was on a sun holiday, nope.

Do you drink alcohol regularly? Yup!

Liver damage prevents your body of clearing vit D and also iron.

Just putting that out there for other regular drinkers to be careful with supplements.

If you are suggesting that I can increase my vitamin D intake by drinking too much and that this will protect me form Covid-19 then........

Yeah OK Thanks Bro I'm on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Cant say I like Morgan that much, but that tweet is 100% on point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Oh f%&k sake. Harry Barry is in great form. Joe Duffy Mark 2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Using gps on your phone would be very battery heavy. It would only last a few hours.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Using gps on your phone would be very battery heavy. It would only last a few hours.
    Bummer !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The amount of "not looking good" posts on here!

If your dad or ma was in ICU on a ventilator (and they haven't even confirmed that Boris is on one) would you be saying "it's not looking good" or would you be saying "hope they get better soon" ????????

Rose-tinted glasses never helped me - if something bad were to happen, the shock of that would be twice as bad. Better face reality and think that all possible scenarios are actually equally possible.

In all honesty, I'd say, "It's not looking good, but I do hope and pray they get better soon".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If the worst were to happen (Obviously hoping and thinking it will not) it would really be a almost knockout blow for morale in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Can't stand Morgan but he is right on this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Who's this lad on Claire Byrne and what the **** is he on about,,,?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

niallo27 wrote: »

Unless your working, your contact list should really be those your living with.
    Yes if your going to shop/chemist you might have contact with the cashier - but that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Jaysus i thought Claire was gonna tell Dr Barry to shut up, he was going on so much

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Dr Harry Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pep Guardiola mother, Dolors Sala Carrió, has died from coronavirus, money buys you no safe guards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dr Barry was ready to tell his life story

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

You dont know Nathan Carter?

Think hes broken a new record for appearing on the most rte tv shows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

New cases globally are way down on previous days, about 15,000 less than the highest worldwide daily total yet of 82k about two days ago.

Main reductions down to Germany reporting about 3000 less cases than in previous days, about 2000 less in Italy than previous days, and about 1500 less in the UK as well , and about 1500 less in Spain, Austria about 1000 less than usual also, Portugal Netherlands and Switzerland all down about 500 less. Measures really starting to take effect in Europe now.

New Home wrote: »
    Rose-tinted glasses never helped me - if something bad were to happen, the shock of that would be twice as bad. Better face reality and think that all possible scenarios are actually equally possible.

In all honesty, I'd say, "It's not looking good, but I do hope and pray they get better soon".
    Some people are "Bottle Half Full" and some are "Bottle Half Empty"
    I'm Half Full -Good Luck Boris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

I had been double dosing on vitamin D for many months, taking 50ug rather than the 25ug.

Just putting that out there for other regular drinkers to be careful with supplements.

Has nothing to do with the recommend daily dose is 10-20 micrograms and your taking 50 micrograms no?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Part of the show tonight was woeful. That Psychology guy drains the life from me as for Jake and Nathan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Hair dressers sh*tting it that people will go less and less when things return to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

If the worst were to happen (Obviously hoping and thinking it will not) it would really be a almost knockout blow for morale in the UK.

Knockout blow for more than just the UK imo.
    It will depress the fcuk out of people with an iota of intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Carbon125 wrote: »
    It is emerging that Italy massively under-reported the death rates from Covid-19. Excerpt from a detailed article on German NTV:

The assumption that the actual number of victims is much higher can already be guessed at by reading the obituaries. Three researchers from the University of Bergamo have now provided statistical evidence for all of Lombardy. They compared the general mortality rate in March 2019 with that in March 2020: "We found that the official number of Covid 19 deaths after evaluating the data from a representative survey among the municipalities of Lombardy corresponds to only 26 percent of all real deaths."

It must therefore be assumed that in Lombardy alone, not only 8905 people have died as a result of the virus since the beginning of the Covid 19 crisis, but, as scientists have suspected, 25,000 already.

In the meantime, more and more unbelievable wrong decisions of the Lega-dominated healthcare system in Lombardy are coming to light. So on March 8th, it decided that "mildly ill" corona patients should be accommodated in retirement homes. A Covid-19 bomb, detonated in the homes of particularly vulnerable people, said Luca Degani, director of 400 senior residences, who had to implement the Lega government's order in Lombardy: "Anyone who would have refused to do so would have lost the funding, so all shut up."

Slightly bumpy Google translation:
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.n-tv.de%2Fpolitik%2FWarum-das-Virus-die-Lombardei-so-befaellt-article21694914.html

Original page in German:
    https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Warum-das-Virus-die-Lombardei-so-befaellt-article21694914.html

Alot of countries are under reporting imo. The UK for example only report deaths in hospital not in community or care homes. Makes you realise we as a country arnt doing too bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

No one wants Boris to lose this fight, but it's a huge wake up call to us all

Only the absolute lowest vermin would be hoping he died of course but it's not a "wake up call to us all". It may be to the absolute scum bags who are out and about going to beaches and parks ruining it for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Boggles wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets out, he deserves a yellow for his stupidity not a red.

If it proved to be an eye-opening experience for him it might save the NHS from becoming a casualty in trade negotiation with the US.
    No one wants Boris to lose this fight, but it's a huge wake-up call to us all
    I can guarantee you there are some people who would like him dead, it's ****ed up, but they do exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Tiny number of cases again today.

Meanwhile 700,000 receiving income supports.

Govt. need to seriously reconsider the current strategy.

...and you continue to dig downwards.

It's a "tiny number of cases", because of the current strategy.

1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

well the recommended daily amount is 5ug. your body literally can't use any more than that. you were way over that and all the extra goes to your liver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

wakka12 wrote: »
    New cases globally are way down on previous days, about 15,000 less than the highest worldwide daily total yet of 82k about two days ago.

Main reductions down to Germany reporting about 3000 less cases than in previous days, about 2000 less in Italy than previous days, and about 1500 less in the UK as well , and about 1500 less in Spain, Austria about 1000 less than usual also, Portugal Netherlands and Switzerland all down about 500 less. Measures really starting to take effect in Europe now.

That day with the Highest number was also the day that French numbers were way up to due adding in missed cases if i remember correctly. So not an accurate
    count.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, no offence taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Trump has sent an elixir to London for Boris.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

A and Es are empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Ireland now 11th in the world in number of cases per capita among countries with populations over 1 million. And number 10 in deaths per capita.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement