Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Professor Trump is holding another tutorial now...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

It’s unbelievable how many people see our restrictions as a sign that we went overboard rather than a sign that what we are doing is working and working well. Especially given the evidence of what happens and how quickly it happens when you don’t take action (USA, UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

MipMap wrote: »
    Some people are "Bottle Half Full" and some are "Bottle Half Empty"
    I'm Half Full -Good Luck Boris.

Isn't half empty and half full the same amount? If it was a pint, ya'd still have a half pint whether ur positive or negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

It's okay to make fun of Boris's decisions when he is healthy and well, we all do the same with Trump, but if Trump was in the ICU we'd all be praying for him too. When the chips are down you care for another human beings welfare, regardless of fact we may disagree with their polices .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Bit rich from someone who tapped dead peoples phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

It's okay to make fun of Boris's decisions when he is health and well, we all do the same with Trump, but if Trump was in the ICU we'd all be praying for him too. When the chips are down you care for another human beings welfare, regardless of fact we may disagree with their polices .
    Not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

That day with the Highest number was also the day that French numbers were way up to due adding in missed cases if i remember correctly. So not an accurate
    count.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, no offence taken.

Its impossible to take new case numbers seriously I think. Is the drop in new cases linked to a shortage of reagent for example? If so then confirmed deaths from cv19 will also fall as more people will die but not be tested.

There needs to be a better way of telling if cases are stabilising or not.

Our cases for today were the worst massaged ones I've seen yet. They completely glossed over the 400 positive tests from Germany.

We also need a stable baseline of tests to tell us if numbers are up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I'm really indifferent to Pierce Mogran but after that I really hate him grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Only the absolute lowest vermin would be hoping he died of course but it's not a "wake up call to us all". It may be to the absolute scum bags who are out and about going to beaches and parks ruining it for us all.

One of the complete asshats who was boasting about going to Northern Italy and went to Cheltenham was on boards last night preaching about how great Leo Vradkar is and how he will inspire people. Getting 300 thanks and gloating. Less than three weeks ago this person, despite warnings at the time took the attitude that if I cant go to Italy im going to Cheltenham and I'll be alright and I dont care about anyone else.

The amount of fake two faced glory hunter backpedddlers is unreal.

I called him out about ten times on his post. He hasn't answered. I wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,600 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Amazing how Morgan continues to carve out a career for himself after the phone hacking scandal, man of no morals but pontificates on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,431 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

wakka12 wrote: »
    Ireland now 11th in the world in number of cases per capita among countries with populations over 1 million. And number 10 in deaths per capita.

What's the point of including us with the countries that have 10x our population but not those that are 1/10th our population?
    It seems an utterly pointless calculation/table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Mid table respectability. Not bad. Would like to stay close to Denmark.
    US and Ireland very close right now on tests, cases and deaths per million.

508602.jpg
    Ordered by Deaths Per Million.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm in agreement with Piers Morgan :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It seems that Raab won't succeed Boris if Boris is forced to resign. He's just going to be there for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

A and Es are empty.

That’s mostly due to the pubs and chippers closed so lads aren’t full of drink and drugs and attempting to kill each other.
    In future they should look at having army field hospitals near a and e departments and any fcuker that turns up in casualty full of drink and notions should be sent over to the army lads for sorting and drying out.
    Leave the casualty for genuine sick people and not the fcukin normal drama queens who can’t hold their Porter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

What's the point of including us with the countries that have 10x our population but not those that are 1/10th our population?
    It seems an utterly pointless calculation/table.

Because it suit's their agenda to bash the government :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

joe_99 wrote: »
    I can't believe the UK govt thought herd immunity was a good idea. Boris is suffering now due that monumental and callous error

Imagine the fat disaster that would have occurred over there if they had gone ahead with that idiocy.

Thank christ better heads outside of govt. showed them the lunacy of "herd immunity".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

That’s mostly due to the pubs and chippers closed so lads aren’t full of drink and drugs and attempting to kill each other.
    In future they should look at having army field hospitals near a and e departments and any fcuker that turns up in casualty full of drink and notions should be sent over to the army lads for sorting and drying out.
    Leave the casualty for genuine sick people and not the fcukin normal drama queens who can’t hold their Porter

Exactly.

Don't want to hear anymore about trolley crisis after this because junkies, drunks and idiots are clogging it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Tony EH wrote: »
    Imagine the fat disaster that would have occurred over there if they had gone ahead with that idiocy.

Thank christ better heads outside of govt. showed them the lunacy of "herd immunity".

The error here though it seems is that he didn't cease work and rest when he contracted the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Isn't half empty and half full the same amount? If it was a pint, ya'd still have a half pint whether ur positive or negative.

To me, it's half full and when it gets empty it will be refilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

That sounds like a fantastic policy to put in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Check this out it's like the Jon Hopkins map but for Ireland with lots of different data available pulled from HSE

http://donegal.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f5863a09f5b445cba1897841a6f9f57b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

What a load of shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Birdy

I have become numb to the numbers.

I have effectively been isolating myself for 4 weeks and it is really getting to me today.

This is only the start and I don't know how much more of this existence I can endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Birdy wrote: »
    I have become numb to the numbers.

I have effectively been isolating myself for 4 weeks and it is really getting to me today.

This is only the start and I don't know how much more of this existence I can endure.

Keep positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Everyone has been great according to Trump.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Wombatman wrote: »
    Mid table respectability. Not bad. Would like to stay close to Denmark.
    US and Ireland very close right now on tests, cases and deaths per million.

508602.jpg
    Ordered by Deaths Per Million.

Ireland's tests are more around the 40k mark. Those test numbers there are a week out of date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

owlbethere wrote: »
    That sounds like a fantastic policy to put in place.

You reckon breathalysing people who present to A&E and sending the drunk ones to an army hospital for a bating, which can serve only to worsen their health, is a fantastic policy?

Another clap when the plane lands candidate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement