Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Its impossible to take new case numbers seriously I think. Is the drop in new cases linked to a shortage of reagent for example? If so then confirmed deaths from cv19 will also fall as more people will die but not be tested.

There needs to be a better way of telling if cases are stabilising or not.

Our cases for today were the worst massaged ones I've seen yet. They completely glossed over the 400 positive tests from Germany.

We also need a stable baseline of tests to tell us if numbers are up or down.

Due to the backlog and relatively lowish testing numbers we have no idea on where we are exactly. There's anything up to a 15 day delay in getting results with healthcare workers and those in hospital being given priority.
    I'm not sure if they are massaging the figures per say but what we are not getting is an accurate daily account compared to the previous day. That's why in all likelihood we will need to see results over a much longer time span of probably 20 days or more to see where we stand.
    It's also obvious that the 4500 tests per day will never happen. They struggle with 1500 a day at present. No way can they ramp that up 3 fold any time soon.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Trump really is a f**ing moron. Policies aside, just the way he talks is idiotic enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

skimpydoo wrote: »
    This story I wrote earlier today for Irish Tech News will be of interest. It's about a new online dashboard that provides maps and data for COVID-19 cases across Ireland.
    Check this out it's like the Jon Hopkins map but for Ireland with lots of different data available pulled from HSE

http://donegal.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f5863a09f5b445cba1897841a6f9f57b

More info on my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Trump with another little preachers speech there, two nights in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

You reckon breathalysing people who present to A&E and sending the drunk ones to an army hospital for a bating, which can serve only to worsen their health, is a fantastic policy?

Another clap when the plane lands candidate

I do.

About time we weeded out the Wasters of society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Everyone has been great according to Trump.

the yanks are a great bunch of lads according to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Birdy wrote: »
    I have become numb to the numbers.

I have effectively been isolating myself for 4 weeks and it is really getting to me today.

This is only the start and I don't know how much more of this existence I can endure.

Please stay strong and remember medical professionals the world over are working on a cure or vaccine. Let's trust in them to find a solution to this horrible virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I do.

Who's the we? You sound like you've little to add to any society yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Tony EH wrote: »
    ...and you continue to dig downwards.

It's a "tiny number of cases", because of the current strategy.

1.jpg

It may be too early to tell but we seem to be heading in the right direction thankfully and it has undoubtedly saved lives.

With that said, a serious conversation should absolutely be happening at government levels about the 700,000+ unemployed. That is an equally scary number in such a short space of time. Many of these people may have no jobs to go back to when this settles. That's a lot of hardship for a lot of people as well.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭weisses

It's okay to make fun of Boris's decisions when he is healthy and well, we all do the same with Trump, but if Trump was in the ICU we'd all be praying for him too.

No fukcing hope ....sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I do.

So you would have one of the main duties of the army be kicking the shíte out of anyone who presents to an A&E drunk?

Would you have it on a graded scale or would 2 pints and 10 be the same hiding? Are women who present to A&E drunk getting the shíte beaten out of them by random members of the army as well or just men?

Are you starting to see how braindead a suggestion it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭threeball

What's the point of including us with the countries that have 10x our population but not those that are 1/10th our population?
    It seems an utterly pointless calculation/table.

Its the misery mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Trump is going to town on the reporters !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

frillyleaf wrote: »

Pig of a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Check this out it's like the Jon Hopkins map but for Ireland with lots of different data available pulled from HSE

http://donegal.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f5863a09f5b445cba1897841a6f9f57b
    That's impressive. I like it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

And just another inappropriate musing from Mr Trump:

"We’re very saddened to hear that [Johnson] was taken into intensive care this afternoon, a little while ago, and Americans are all praying for his recovery."

Americans are all praying? Or, all Americans are praying?

Either way, a terrible and exclusive use of words.
    Our thoughts are with you could have been enough. What lack of filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Trump really is a f**ing moron. Policies aside, just the way he talks is idiotic enough.

Trump providing us with much needed humour at the moment.

Logan Roy wrote: »

He's absolutely fcuking unbearably pathetic.

His numbers are sky rocketing though so i think the problem is bigger than him in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Varadker said its there ready to be signed if need be

He's also said that he doesn't expect any need for it or further restrictions.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Everyone has been great according to Trump.

Apart from the ones who have criticised him. Those people are terrible and doing a very, bad job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

frillyleaf wrote: »

Like every night..

Take a drink every time he says

Beautiful
    First time ever done
    Tremendous...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    And just another inappropriate musing from Mr Trump:

"We’re very saddened to hear that [Johnson] was taken into intensive care this afternoon, a little while ago, and Americans are all praying for his recovery."

Americans are all praying? Or, all Americans are praying?

Either way, a terrible and exclusive use of words.
    Our thoughts are with you could have been enough. What lack of filter.

This is the rubbish all American politicians say. Prayers, prayers and more prayers in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

BanditLuke wrote: »
    He's absolutely fcuking unbearably pathetic.

His numbers are sky rocketing though so i think the problem is bigger than him in America.

I like you BanditLuke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Birdy wrote: »
    I have become numb to the numbers.

I have effectively been isolating myself for 4 weeks and it is really getting to me today.

This is only the start and I don't know how much more of this existence I can endure.

struck a chord. This morning & all day I found it hard to function. Just want to go to bed.

Hopefully spirits lift a bit tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

We have the strongest military.

Its a medical crisis, not a military crisis.

Last night he was telling us how to repair roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

probably more effective than hydro"proxy"cloroquine
    This is the rubbish all American politicians say. Prayers, prayers and more prayers in America.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

easypazz wrote: »
    We have the strongest military.

Its a medical crisis, not a military crisis.

Last night he was telling us how to repair roads.

In fairness to him, the US military can be very useful in situations like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He started it all with a small loan of $1million dollars from his father.

Trump providing us with much needed humour at the moment.

Ah iv'e heard this before and i don't agree. This is far to important an issue to have this fcuking moron in charge. There's nothing amusing about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You reckon breathalysing people who present to A&E and sending the drunk ones to an army hospital for a bating, which can serve only to worsen their health, is a fantastic policy?

Another clap when the plane lands candidate

Listen, the SJWs who want every drunken/drugged up Tom Dick and Harriet including the ethnic cohort to invade our A+Es again will get total short shrift.

I do hope that an analysis of the near abandonment of A+E is done as soon as possible. For the common good.

There is no excuse now to clear A+E of wasters now.

Sorry if I sound angry, can't help it. Isolation and all that :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement