Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

A few weeks ago I would have thought Donald trump unbeatable. This is surely the political crisis that will sink him?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The error here though it seems is that he didn't cease work and rest when he contracted the virus.

The "error" was his cavalier attitude to something he thought wouldn't affect him personally and it should act as a lesson not only to Boris Johnson, but everyone else that thinks this isn't serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Ah iv'e heard this before and i don't agree. This is far to important an issue to have this fcuking moron in charge. There's nothing amusing about it.

For us Irish, his WhatsApp clips have provided a lot of humour. For Americans, I'd say they are a bit more concerned alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

threeball wrote: »
    Shes a dose. She was at the same sh1te on the electoral debates. Loving herself.

dunno how she is so highly rated. Before this crisis if someone asked me who was gonna get it at the outset and end up broadcasting from a "shed" I'd have said her! Then there's the other one, with her isolation diary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Ah iv'e heard this before and i don't agree. This is far to important an issue to have this fcuking moron in charge. There's nothing amusing about it.

He hogs the podium all night.

Mike Pence actually talks some sense, as do the doctors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

road_high wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I would have thought Donald trump unbeatable. This is surely the political crisis that will sink him?

Fingers crossed that covid does the world some good amongst all the bad it wreaks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Amirani wrote: »
    Ireland's tests are more around the 40k mark. Those test numbers there are a week out of date.

I hope it will be close to 50k. We were doing around 2k a day ourselves and then add on the 6k from Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yeah but the alternative is Biden. Trump will be reelected.

Tony EH wrote: »
    The "error" was his cavalier attitude to something he thought wouldn't affect him personally and it should act as a lesson not only to Boris Johnson, but everyone else that thinks this isn't serious.

I do think he acted 5 or so days later than he should have. At that point it was clear that the situation was serious.

But I suspect he was afraid to plunge the country into recession, put millions on the dole etc.

I don't doubt that he felt he was acting in the interests of his country.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

OPEC, seriously who gives a bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Re Trump... odious man, but when the Red Fundie Christian States have their Easter Sunday charismatic gatherings, and the pastor shoos the virus out, that will be interesting.

Donald Duck is OK for now, because his supporters have not been overly affected. Yet.

Although DDuck was born in NY (I think), his minions are elsewhere. That's all he cares about. So while his Red States are ok, he will be fine.

Should be, if they are near the top of global charts in terms of deaths per million.

Which they are on course to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭threeball

Boris moved slow, i moved fast. **** it if the man is in icu, it wont stop me lying whilst throwing him under the bus.

OPEC, seriously who gives a bollix.

Trump the economist

Trump the doctor

Trump the civil engineer

Trump the military leader

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Its impossible to take new case numbers seriously I think. Is the drop in new cases linked to a shortage of reagent for example? If so then confirmed deaths from cv19 will also fall as more people will die but not be tested.

There needs to be a better way of telling if cases are stabilising or not.

Our cases for today were the worst massaged ones I've seen yet. They completely glossed over the 400 positive tests from Germany.

We also need a stable baseline of tests to tell us if numbers are up or down.

I think there have been test results included from Germany since last Friday*.These were older tests which returned a positive rate of 7.6 % or 468 cases over the 4 days.

*My source is Paul Reid who stated this yesterday in the HSE press briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yeah but the alternative is Biden. Trump will be reelected.

I'm not well up on the US system, but is there ANY way the Dems could get Cuomo on the ticket at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Trump sending some US experimental drugs to treat B. Johnson in London.

Even thinking of using experimental drugs does not bode well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Listen, the SJWs who want every drunken/drugged up Tom Dick and Harriet including the ethnic cohort to invade our A+Es again will get total short shrift.

I do hope that an analysis of the near abandonment of A+E is done as soon as possible. For the common good.

There is no excuse now to clear A+E of wasters now.

Sorry if I sound angry, can't help it. Isolation and all that :mad:

What on earth was that tirade about?

Hope you get your facts and figures in order my friend.

I'm not well up on the US system, but is there ANY way the Dems could get Cuomo on the ticket at all?

Only if Biden and Bernie drop out. Thats not happening and Biden has committed to a female vice president so thats out too. A huge mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Lads, I'm seeing figures of recovered at only 25 for Ireland, which seems obscenely low, is it that the recovery figures aren't being reported, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

easypazz wrote: »
    He hogs the podium all night.

Mike Pence actually talks some sense, as do the doctors.

To his mates he's known as Mike Sence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Listen, the SJWs who want every drunken/drugged up Tom Dick and Harriet including the ethnic cohort to invade our A+Es again will get total short shrift.

I do hope that an analysis of the near abandonment of A+E is done as soon as possible. For the common good.

You don't want ethnic people in our A&Es?

I find this so odd.

New York is the worst hit state and yet the Governor is supposed to be a hero because of his drawn out ego driven Trump like press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

You reckon breathalysing people who present to A&E and sending the drunk ones to an army hospital for a bating, which can serve only to worsen their health, is a fantastic policy?

Another clap when the plane lands candidate

I think “sorting and drying out “ means sobering up not a bating.
    I had the unfortunate of getting appendicitis on a Saturday evening and in A and E I saw all sorts. One guy with a bag of cans still drinking who they said was a regular, he pestered me for a solid 3 hours and then moved onto the elderly man beside me and began fake punching him and then put his hand into the old mans meal when it arrived( obviously I alerted security at this point). Not exactly a great experience when you’re in pain and that poor elderly man was petrified.Then I got a trolley in A and E and this other loon ran down the corridor trying to knock over people IV drip stands and punching the walls, security ran after him and he spat at them.
    I mean it was a distraction from the pain but god no nurse or doctor or very ill patient should have to put up with that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The biggest deal ever made no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

That's understandable

But I think it might be sensible to make sure it costs more for people to go to A&E than their GP, particularly if they aren't admitted or found to be seriously sick.

I know The Beacon charge €500 if you present to A&E and aren't admitted, none of the health insurers will reimburse this. As a result nobody shows up gratuitously and when you're genuinely sick you can be seen quickly, as I was a few months ago when I presented with suspected appendicitis and was unconscious in theatre two hours later.

The public system obviously can't charge that much put I do think there should be a fee for presenting with non serious symptoms to disincentivise people from clogging up A&E. I am sure there are other ideas with merit to achieve it. But sometimes people seem to write stuff as if nobody is going to read it and think about it.

It's the idea of keeping a few army men near every public hospital to assault people who go to A&E drunk that I'm taking issue with. I agree entirely that the empty A&E's shine a light on problems in what people expect from our health service and what they think A&E is for.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What on earth was that tirade about?

Hope you get your facts and figures in order my friend.

In response to another poster. You can read posts I'm sure. That OK with you?

I find this so odd.

New York is the worst hit state and yet the Governor is supposed to be a hero because of his drawn out ego driven Trump like press conferences.

Couldnt be further from Trump. Every aspect is clearly explained, succinct and informative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

That's understandable

But I think it might be sensible to make sure it costs more for people to go to A&E than their GP, particularly if they aren't admitted or found to be seriously sick.

I know The Beacon charge €500 if you present to A&E and aren't admitted, none of the health insurers will reimburse this. As a result nobody shows up gratuitously and when you're genuinely sick you can be seen quickly, as I was a few months ago when I presented with suspected appendicitis and was unconscious in theatre two hours later.

The public system obviously can't charge that much put I do think there should be a fee for presenting with non serious symptoms to disincentivise people from clogging up A&E. I am sure there are other ideas with merit to achieve it. But sometimes people seem to write stuff as if nobody is going to read it and think about it.

It's the idea of keeping a few army men near every public hospital to assault people who go to A&E drunk that I'm taking issue with. I agree entirely that the empty A&E's shine a light on problems in what people expect from our health service and what they think A&E is for.

I dont think he meant assault at all though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement