Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

threeball wrote: »
    Couldnt be further from Trump. Every aspect is clearly explained, succinct and informative.

The worst hit state!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Lol at having soldiers beat up injured drunks. Take a bow boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Lads, I'm seeing figures of recovered at only 25 for Ireland, which seems obscenely low, is it that the recovery figures aren't being reported, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

just not reported. Resources being used to identify cases as opposed to confirming recoveries which is understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I do think he acted 5 or so days later than he should have. At that point it was clear that the situation was serious.

But I suspect he was afraid to plunge the country into recession, put millions on the dole etc.

I don't doubt that he felt he was acting in the interests of his country.

Putting millions on the dole temporarily pales in comparison to the permanency of death from not being able to breath due to a rampant pandemic.

However, Johnson was shrugging off the seriousness of this issue, despite the nightmare that Italy was going through. He and his govt. only changed tac when it was pointed out to him that, in no uncertain terms, a possible quarter of a million people could die because of the strategy he was trying to sell to the British people.

He more than likely caught Covid shortly after that because of his laissez faire attitude to the crisis and is now in an ICU for monitoring.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm not well up on the US system, but is there ANY way the Dems could get Cuomo on the ticket at all?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/30/cnns_chris_cuomo_to_brother_gov_andrew_cuomo_are_you_thinking_about_running_for_president.html?jwsource=cl

He was asked if he was thinking of running. To make a short story even shorter, the answer was no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭threeball

The worst hit state!

Its a city of 12 million people, and hes the governer of the state, not the mayor of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

The super quick test machine that no other country trusts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lads, I'm seeing figures of recovered at only 25 for Ireland, which seems obscenely low, is it that the recovery figures aren't being reported, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Good question.

The numbers of recoveries seem low everywhere, but I think it's a time lag and the need to get a confirming negative test weeks after. Maybe the lack of that testing is keeping that figure low?

Might also give insight to the closed case cfr of 21%,, surely a vast overestimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I dont think he meant assault at all though..

Send the drunks from A&E to the army to be sorted out.

Only reads one way to me tbh.

Not that the idea of co-locating a military hospital on the site of each public hospital just to sober up drunks is a better idea in any way shape or form.

easypazz wrote: »
    The super quick test machine that no other country trusts.

Are you sure? Everyones calling them to find out how its done according to Dr Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Trump going off on one. Ha

Tony EH wrote: »
    Putting millions on the dole temporarily pales in comparison to the permanency of death from not being able to breath due to a rampant pandemic.

However, Johnson was shrugging off the seriousness of this issue, despite the nightmare that Italy was going through. He and his govt. only changed tac when it was pointed out to him that, in no uncertain terms, a possible quarter of a million people could die because of the strategy he was trying to sell to the British people.

He more than likely caught Covid shortly after that because of his laissez faire attitude to the crisis and is now in an ICU for monitoring.

Well you could be right. And it's very unfortunate.

And he even said he was shaking hands in hospitals. There's no doubt he has made catastrophic mistakes, but I suppose I do believe that he felt he was acting in the interests of the country - that a damaged economy was worse than losing thousands of lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

“ You will never make it!!”

Yikes, give John a break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

There'll be some moaning about discussing Trump in here, but my god he's abhorrent.

Trump going off on one. Ha

"You're a third rate journalist and you will never ever make it"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

'You're a third rate reporter'. 'You'll never make it'. 'You're a terrible person'

The US president, ladies and gentlemen.

threeball wrote: »
    Its a city of 12 million people, and hes the governer of the state, not the mayor of the city.

Just spare us the praise just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm not well up on the US system, but is there ANY way the Dems could get Cuomo on the ticket at all?

They won't. His profile the last few weeks wouldn't be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭deaglan1

China has been getting away with murder
    China ate our lunch every day
    You're a third rate reporter
    You will never make it

A few gentle quotes from The President of the United States tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Hes on about how much ammunition the US has now. Lol!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Well you could be right. And it's very unfortunate.

And he even said he was shaking hands in hospitals. There's no doubt he has made catastrophic mistakes, but I suppose I do believe that he felt he was acting in the interests of the country - that a damaged economy was worse than losing thousands of lives.

Economies can be rebuilt. Death is a permanent state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Trump really is a f**ing moron. Policies aside, just the way he talks is idiotic enough.

I wonder is it genetic or did he fall on his head ?
    Can't watch or listen to Trump anymore -it makes my brain squirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

deaglan1 wrote: »
    China has been getting away with murder
    China ate our lunch every day
    You're a third rate reporter
    You will never make it

A few gentle quotes from The President of the United States tonight

India has been taking advantage of us for years (It was the EU a few weeks ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Send the drunks from A&E to the army to be sorted out.

Only reads one way to me tbh.

Not that the idea of co-locating a military hospital on the site of each public hospital just to sober up drunks is a better idea in any way shape or form.

I interpreted it more as the army wouldnt suffer fools gladly and they would be treated and turfed out

What we can all agree with is that our A&Es have been abused and mistreated by some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

We inherited an empty cupboard.

3 years ago.

They had no ammunition
    They were trying to save money
    A general came to me
    They didn't save any money
    They spent money like nobody ever spent money
    We has lots of ammunition now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

road_high wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I would have thought Donald trump unbeatable. This is surely the political crisis that will sink him?

In this stressful time, sometimes thinking about obsessions is not a good idea, it leads to.....

In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/donald-trump-gallup-approval-polling/index.html

His need for praise is sickening. He stops short of asking them to dance for him in order to get equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

easypazz wrote: »
    He hogs the podium all night.

Mike Pence actually talks some sense...
    Did you see this? John Roberts is the reporter who asked the same question 3-4 times. At the end Trump praised Mikey by saying to the reporter:
    “I think it’s one of the greatest answers I’ve ever heard, because Mike was able to speak for five minutes and not even touch your question.”
    https://youtu.be/lcGvf6pK-GI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

'Spitting Image' would write itself in these times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement