Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Trump posts beginning to ruin this thread imo. Getting boring the incessant complaining about him. Isn't there a dedicated thread to spend all day complaining about him? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭deaglan1

Comedy Gold this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

old_aussie wrote: »
    In this stressful time, sometimes thinking about obsessions is not a good idea, it leads to.....

In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/donald-trump-gallup-approval-polling/index.html

Its after the dust settles on this though. His challenge will be getting the economy going after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

we sent 1000s of "hotel" beds to NY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

161 miles of Mexico wall.

Thats 40 miles a year Donald.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Trump posts beginning to ruin this thread imo. Getting boring the incessant complaining about him. Isn't there a dedicated thread to spend all day complaining about him? :)

Its the nightly corona presser, its the highlight of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mexico has an infection rate of 17 per million, the US has 1,100 infected per million.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,313 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

People are dying every day from a pandemic and you're getting upset because a narcissistic sociopath who happens to have found himself in the Whitehouse is being called out for the stupid nonsense he spouts about the disease.

:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ah, don't deny us this. It's a small ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

https://twitter.com/JeremyDixonDJ/status/1247229355731845120

Has anyone seen this video of that Gemma one harassing a Garda. Absolute disgrace

(not sure how to upload the video here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Every night there is about 10 pages all about Trump at 40 posts a page. Can we please move on from it. For people who hate him so much, you watch every single one of his conferences. I'd rather not have to read about it after choosing not to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Tony EH wrote: »
    People are dying every day from a pandemic and you're getting upset because a narcissistic sociopath who happens to have found himself in the Whitehouse is being called out for the stupid nonsense he spouts about the disease.

:confused:

Fair point! But if Trump CURED Coronavirus, you's would all be complaining that it took him too long! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭threeball

The isolation moaners come out around 2am and you're back to a more fluid conversation round 9am. Thats how it works round here. Trump is prebed comic relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

easypazz wrote: »

2 new miles.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1247294432942137344?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Every night there is about 10 pages all about Trump at 40 posts a page. Can we please move on from it. For people who hate him so much, you watch every single one of his conferences. I'd rather not have to read about it after choosing not to watch it.

He happens to be mishandling a giant coronavirus outbreak right now.

It's kinda relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

What a load of shíte

It’s not a load of sh1te.
    A high percentage of all accident and emergency admissions are a result of alcohol and drugs.
    You took that post up wrong aswell.when I suggested that the army sort them out i meant army medics attending those who presented in an intoxicated and aggressive state on a separate unit to casualty.
    Your definition of sorting out is obviously different

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

easypazz wrote: »

The question wasn't even about the Mexico border, it was about the border between Texas and Louisiana.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

That's understandable

But I think it might be sensible to make sure it costs more for people to go to A&E than their GP, particularly if they aren't admitted or found to be seriously sick.

It's the idea of keeping a few army men near every public hospital to assault people who go to A&E drunk that I'm taking issue with. I agree entirely that the empty A&E's shine a light on problems in what people expect from our health service and what they think A&E is for.

A+E and GP is free for Med Card Holders though.

I'm not saying that all the messers have Medical Cards, but I do wonder.

Say I feel ill, go to GP, pay 65 euro and s/he says, um, better go to get an x-ray via A+E, here's your letter. If no GP available then off to A+E with you for 100 euro.

A small charge say 5 or 10 euro for medical card holders (refundable if admitted) might help.

We don't have a free system like NHS, so some pay, some don't, and many of those who don't can rock up anytime.

There has to be a serious look at the fact that since CV arrived here sadly, A+E has been largely empty. I do realise that the beds issue has been temporarily sorted by cancellation of elective stuff etc. But still, I am a bit baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

gabeeg wrote: »
    He happens to be mishandling a giant coronavirus outbreak right now.

It's kinda relevant

Not to Ireland. And his madness isn't relevant. It's just funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What's the issue? There is no news coming out here or in Europe so you're not missing anything, if you know it's nightly it's easy to skip the thread for an hour.

• Advertisement

Fair point! But if Trump CURED Coronavirus, you's would all be complaining that it took him too long! ;)

Well, in fairness, it is only a matter of time before he cures it. Because he's so great and all.

Did you know he knew it was a pandemic before anyone else did?

Even when he thought it was a hoax, he knew it was a pandemic.

Great man and the leader America needs right now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

Watch your back Dr Fauci....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Has Trump's Irish resort got a Covid19 outbreak or has Boards merged all threads into one supersized prattling thread?

It would be nice to be reading Irish intel and /or even anecdotes.

Trump my ar*e folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Maestro85 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JeremyDixonDJ/status/1247229355731845120

Has anyone seen this video of that Gemma one harassing a Garda. Absolute disgrace

(not sure how to upload the video here)

Whoever she is she is a gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

kmart6 wrote: »
    What's the issue? There is no news coming out here or in Europe so you're not missing anything, if you know it's nightly it's easy to skip the thread for an hour.

There is still a lot of interesting posts in here even at this time. Just gotta wade through the waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is Trump getting more unhinged at these meetings? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Ninthlife wrote: »

Gemma O'Doherty, a journalist.

Ninthlife wrote: »

Do yourself a favour and refrain from looking up anything else about her. She's an absolute head wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

you should avoid the thread from 10pm to midnight so, cause trumps press conference is the most important corona news during these hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭threeball

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Has Trump's Irish resort got a Covid19 outbreak or has Boards merged all threads into one supersized prattling thread?

It would be nice to be reading Irish intel and /or even anecdotes.

Trump my ar*e folks.

Are people going to rehash the infection figures all night, or bitch about the attire of the pizza delivery man. Theres not much else to discuss this late in the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement