Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

I reckon if the press hacks banded together.... he'd come off the podium to hit someone....
    Is Trump getting more unhinged at these meetings? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

threeball wrote: »
    Only if Biden and Bernie drop out. Thats not happening and Biden has committed to a female vice president so thats out too. A huge mistake.
    You totally underestimate the devious abilities of the DNC.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pence hardly gets a word in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Tony EH wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and refrain from looking up anything else about her. She's an absolute head wreck.

Thank you... i have put her on my ever increasing **** list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭maebee

Never thought these words would come out of my mouth but heading to the leaba now and hoping to wake up to the news that BoJo beats this thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Drumpot wrote: »
    One thing I find odd is that contact tracing appears to be A very important Strategy used against this.

Should we all not be asked to keep logs of places we have been and people we have been in close contact with? I heard that mentioned somewhere (think dr John) that if we were diagnosed With the virus and could just hand a list to the contact tracers it would really help.

Also think it’s Surely only a matter of time before there is an app on our phones that helps with this. The way I see it Could be two fold. To show where you have been (phone recording your whereabouts) and to warn others of hotspots or if they were near you.

This power would be Orwellian so would have to be deleted when the outbreak finishes. You type in Lucious fox and your phone blows up , like In the end of “the Dark knight”. People deserve to have their trust rewarded.

Google does it already. See maps timeline.

Maestro85 wrote: »
    Gemma O'Doherty, a journalist.

Gemma O'Doherty, a gob****e seems more apt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭threeball

Here they are OAN, Trumps cheerleaders

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭threeball

Ninthlife wrote: »

The US Gemma is on now

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If posters do not want to discuss or read about Trump I would suggest heading over to one of the other threads between around 11pm and 1am - around 40 or so have been posted in during the past 24 hours alone

This thread is the main "news" one in the forum. Yes it moves incredibly quickly (but still a lot slower than a week or two ago), and it's the "go to" thread for anyone wanting the most up to date news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Gemma O'Doherty, a former journalist.

Fixed it for you

The US Gemma is on now

Cant watch Trump anymore. His language, the shape of his mouth, his hand gestures...just irritating

For someone who holds such a high respectable office to speak to people and about people the way he does shows the man has zero class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Gemma O'Doherty, a dirty f*ckbird sh1tehawk .

Fixed your autocorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

boardise wrote: »
    I wonder is it genetic or did he fall on his head ?
    Can't watch or listen to Trump anymore -it makes my brain squirm.

But you and many others in this Covid-19 forum cannot stop talking and going on about Trump

I'm sure there is a politics forum where you can rant all you want about your favorite subject ..... Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Are people going to rehash the infection figures all night, or bitch about the attire of the pizza delivery man. Theres not much else to discuss this late in the day.

more graphs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Has Trump's Irish resort got a Covid19 outbreak or has Boards merged all threads into one supersized prattling thread?

It would be nice to be reading Irish intel and /or even anecdotes.

Trump my ar*e folks.

This is a global Pandemic, not limited to Ireland. How Trump behaves and acts has a big part in the resolution.

How the US acts as a country is very relevant to our performance in the fight against this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

https://twitter.com/JeremyDixonDJ/status/1247229355731845120

Has anyone seen this video of that Gemma one harassing a Garda. Absolute disgrace

(not sure how to upload the video here)
    That's posted on youtube under the name Catherine Whelan. Did she re-register on youtube under that name after she was banned from there in 2019?

Here's the same video on youtube - https://youtu.be/hm8smnzYoVM. Loads of fan comments under that.

Gardai have enough to do without dealing with harassment from that one. Does she live in Killiney?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/youtube-terminates-gemma-o-doherty-s-account-over-breach-of-hate-speech-policy-1.3958500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

old_aussie wrote: »
    But you and many others in this Covid-19 forum cannot stop talking and going on about Trump

I'm sure there is a politics forum where you can rant all you want about your favorite subject ..... Donald Trump

you do realise his daily coronavirus press conference is on right now yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

leck wrote: »
    That's posted on youtube under the name Catherine Whelan. Did she re-register on youtube under that name after she was banned from there in 2019?

Here's the same video on youtube - https://youtu.be/hm8smnzYoVM. Loads of fan comments under that.

Gardai have enough to do without dealing with harassment from that one. Does she live in Killiney?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/youtube-terminates-gemma-o-doherty-s-account-over-breach-of-hate-speech-policy-1.3958500

Her voice does my head in (apart from everything else about her)

Ninthlife wrote: »
    O'Doherty is correct in one respect, the Garda currently only has the power of persuasion, because the Ministerial Order hasn't been signed.

The Garda was not being impeded in the execution of his lawful duty as the duty he was attempting to carrying out has not yet the force of law behind it.

The withholding of the powers Dáil authorised for the Gardaí is beginning to have the whiff of government formation political manipulation about it. It's either that or drafting incompetence has the AG blocking it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    This is a global Pandemic, not limited to Ireland. How Trump behaves and acts has a big part in the resolution.

How the US acts as a country is very relevant to our performance in the fight against this.

Absolutely. We've better government here than the UK and US but you're only as good as your neighbours when it comes to business, international travel etc.

Very best wishes to Boris. He's in the fight of his life for his life right now. It's not his fault he felt invincible to this a few weeks back. Truth be told most of us under 60 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

old_aussie wrote: »

Its his nightly corona virus conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

bekker wrote: »
    O'Doherty is correct in one respect, the Garda currently only has the power of persuasion, because the Ministerial Order hasn't been signed.

The Garda was not being impeded in the execution of his lawful duty as the duty he was attempting to carrying out has not yet the force of law behind it.

The withholding of the powers Dáil authorised for the Gardaí is beginning to have the whiff of government formation political manipulation about it. It's either that or drafting incompetence has the AG blocking it.

it's probably against the constitution

• Registered Users Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

fritzelly wrote: »
    Her voice does my head in (apart from everything else about her)

It ( her voice)reminds me of Mary Lou. Head wrecking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Pence hardly gets a word in.

And he comes across calm and sensible, for the 30 seconds he gets every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Tony EH wrote: »
    happens to have found himself in the Whitehouse

Could be wrong but I believe he won an election.
    is being called out for the stupid nonsense he spouts about the disease.

No matter what he said you folks wouldn't be happy.

Sadly the US numbers don't look good but they'd be a hell of a lot worse had he not put that travel ban in place on Jan 31st that's for sure, and as we know, when he did, the media said it was motivated by racism.

Just looking at this snippet from tonight and seems to me the administration is working hard to do what needs to be done so why not focus on the positives rather than being negative all the damn time ....

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1247288963003490304

Truth is no Government has handled it perfectly given that the coronavirus has all but blindsided the world (or at least most of it) and for that reason might be best to park the partisanship as it sure as hell is not the time to be trying to capitalise on perceived mishandling of the pandemic.

Speaking of masks, finally got some for an elderly relative in a chemist but they are not FFP2 and so not sure what use they'll be. If anyone knows of an online source for them would be interested to hear of it.

it's probably against the constitution
    Doubt it, the Constitution is very generous in allowing the state the power to protect itself and it's institutions.

If there is a problem it should have been teased out in the Dáil prior to the passage of the Bill, I certainly don't recollect there being an issue. That's when the AG should have advised the Government of any Constitutional impediment.

If it's more complicated than just reconciling the drafting of the Ministerial Order then the Dáil should be recalled to pass an enabling amendment to the Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Syndromic - new word for the day courtesy of Dr Birx

fritzelly wrote: »
    Syndromic - new word for the day courtesy of Dr Birx
    It's marvellous to be learning something so esoteric so early in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

leck wrote: »

The comments under the video.... I am losing faith in humanity. I used to think these sort were just shilling for patreon money and to sell their books but I am seriously having my doubts now after seeing the 5G fiasco. Even Dave Cullen, a man I used to consider a very reliable YouTuber on Irish issues has been catering to this crowd for a while now.

On a side note, I wonder what Jim Corr is up to these days.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement