Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Cath kidston on the brink of calling in administrators.

Queue massive yummy mummy meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

300 flights to deliver full order only 10 arrived so far

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LillyIsland

How is it that only 13% of people tested are positive? I would have thought it would been north of 80% Can't get my head around that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Wombatman wrote: »
    Thankfully I can work from home. Have observed all the restrictions so far.

When we rel allowed to go out and about again I won't be wearing a mask on a daily basis, like they do in the East. Not sure if they wear it for air pollution or infections.

If there is a need to wear a make I will happily stay home.

Is anyone planning to regularly wear a mask from here on out?

What is your issue with wearing masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Use of gloves by public largely futile

RTE really dont want us to wear masks or gloves.

I wear gloves out and about because when I wear them I dont touch my face. I still wash my hands/sanitise as if I wasnt wearing them. I also dont use trolleys or baskets, just my own bags.

Because if virus is on the glove, your touching everything still, so makes no difference compared to if it was your hands.

Your more likely to wash / sanitize your hands. Most people gloves give them a false sense of security.

I've seen people wear the same gloves and do a full shop and get into the car. If they touch something with virus, everything else now has it on them. Much better to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

What about Stephen Hawking? You probably thought he was an idiot too. These people are not tv personalities, they are doctors, managers etc.

We'll get someone to deliver their message, simple.

We all have impediments. There's a lot on here who love to be first to claim the moral high ground and soak up thanks.

Here he is stuttering i ngaeilge again.

BAD MAN FOR A PRESS CONFERENCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

The signer lost with the Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

easypazz wrote: »
    There was always going to be a bit of a risk with the first flights, as things go on every flight will have more and more of the right stuff.

People seem to think this massive global disaster is easy to manage - its not.

Who said it's easy to manage? Who said we shouldn't expect anything but the best for our health care workers?

This is life and death stuff here not some faulty android box you bought on Aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

...i wear a p3 mask each time i shop (once a week). when i take it off i put it in container...(wash hands again) ..blitz it both sides with dettol (spray that kills 99%) .. about 1hr later i repeat (blitz so its soaking wet again); leave it to air dry for a few days ready to use the following week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Most? Okay well as long as most is usable that's the main thing :rolleyes:

I wouldn't buy 100 pairs of new socks and be happy that 70 pairs didn't have holes in them never mind vital life saving equipment.

Are you saying the HSE are happy with the situation.

Sh1t happens, throwing your toys out of the pram because some items are unsuitable is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

What is your issue with wearing masks?

As an aside, would claustrophobic people not like wearing masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭Allinall

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Because he can't say one line without fumbling over words.

Communication needs clarity.

What part of what he said was unclear to you?

I can go through it all with you if you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Use of gloves by public largely futile

RTE really dont want us to wear masks or gloves.

I wear gloves out and about because when I wear them I dont touch my face. I still wash my hands/sanitise as if I wasnt wearing them. I also dont use trolleys or baskets, just my own bags.

Yes, I do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hadn't it also been said that your chance of contracting coronavirus in supermarkets was relatively low i.e in absence of being sneezed or coughed on, and taking reasonable precautions washing hands etc. and keeping your distance in general, you were not taking big risks?

I have to admit to being a little confused on the issue of supermarkets, because there are thousands of staff there all day and I haven't heard them getting infected in large numbers, if they have one would imaging we would hearing about it?

So I would like thoughts on how risky, or where the main risks are, from doing the weekly shop. Note, I am not saying there aren't risks, I am asking in terms of the significance of the risk. Thanks.

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

klose wrote: »
    Seems dunnes and tesco are getting it right where I'm living, aldi and supervalu not so much and can't comment on lidl here.

I see a lot of supermarkets are looking to hire but who the hell wants to essentially work on the front line for feck all pay? Doubt they're getting many applications.
    wife just back from Dunnes Stores, only allowing a few in at a time, person cleaning the trollies, one way system, overall she was very impressed, I think our government, front line workers and ordinary people are all doing a brilliant job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

MikeSoys wrote: »
    ...i wear a p3 mask each time i shop (once a week). when i take it off i put it in container...(wash hands again) ..blitz it both sides with dettol (spray that kills 99%) .. about 1hr later i repeat (blitz so its soaking wet again); leave it to air dry for a few days ready to use the following week..

Do you wash your ears and head after you take it off?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

How is it that only 13% of people tested are positive? I would have thought it would been north of 80% Can't get my head around that.
    I dont think any country has a positive rate north of 80%.

The UK had a positive rate north of 50% for a while when they were only testing people admitted to hospital.

There's still the normal rake of conditions with fevers or respiratory problems that are convincing people they need to be tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Who said it's easy to manage? Who said we shouldn't expect anything but the best for our health care workers?

This is life and death stuff here not some faulty android box you bought on Aliexpress.

How would you have done it better?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

plodder wrote: »
    So you knew you were posting BS then. Thx

And who is claiming they are in a better position than the HSE to order this stuff?

What are you on about ?? Nobody is posting bs.

It's all been covered in the press conference that is on at the moment.

If you'd been listening to it you'd know. 80% of the overall first batch is suitable for use. The 20% is being addressed with the supplier.

Watch back the press conference when its over and you'll get all the answers you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lwaker.

Trump and Johnson exposed with the pandemic

Varadkar not doing too bad late starting but covered his tracks well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

People have other things, like flu'. CMO said that in flu' testing they get 40%.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Aerlingus really hit the goldmine with that.

How much are they charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I can see you're not happy with the unsuitable PPE, but can you outline some practical steps that the HSE could have taken or could take now that they are not taking to solve the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Wombatman wrote: »

Is anyone planning to regularly wear a mask from here on out?

I bought masks in January and have been shopping 2 times in last 3 weeks and have worn mask and gloves every time and will continue to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there any Covid humour threads, I know its a serious subject but sometimes you need a wee laugh too, memes and funny videos. :)

Well I just created the Covid Humour thread, Mods maybe put this in the Coronavirus section and feel free to add. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

What about Stephen Hawking? You probably thought he was an idiot too. These people are not tv personalities, they are doctors, managers etc.

Todays' world is full of people who like to be seen to say the right things. But what are they really like as people?

They present an image. But strip a lot of the self righteous posters of their veneer and I'd like to see what they are like in the real world. How they treat people, are they caring or selfish. Where the heart lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

Seriously, we are in the middle of a crisis and some people are complaining that a guy has a slight stutter. There was no problem whatsoever in understanding him

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Todays' world is full of people who like to be seen to say the right things. But what are they really like as people?

They present an image. But strip a lot of the self righteous posters of their veneer and I'd like to see what they are like in the real world. How they treat people, are they caring or selfish. Where the heart lies.

Maybe have a look in the mirror first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

easypazz wrote: »
    How would you have done it better?

Don’t we have a company in the south that’s been making masks and sending them to China? I’m sure I’ve read that on one of these threads. I would have requisitioned those masks for use in Ireland. That’s one thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

khalessi wrote: »
    I bought masks in January and have been shopping 2 times in last 3 weeks and have worn mask and gloves every time and will continue to do so

Wearing a mask when going shopping and on Public Transport. I dont wear it when out walking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement