Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Christy42

Recoveries on worldometer are a pointless statistic.
    They only count numbers who have recovered from hospital (having had 2 consecutive days of negative tests) wherase the huge majority here recover at home with no further testing.

They are using an outdated metric to measure this.

Indeed. It seems like a waste of tests. If someone is well enough to go home have them isolate for a few weeks after symptoms go away. Ensure they are checked up on and if symptoms worsen make a decision to go back in or not.

Either way no benefit to clog up limited testing facilities to have an "official" recovery number. It would be good to see but not worth the cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

JDD wrote: »
    How is the Japanese infection and death rate so low? 4k infections, 97 deaths, from a population of 126m?? And they haven't even done a complete lockdown?

There are many who believe that they may have been massaging the figures pre the postponement of this summer's Olympics.
    That aside I read a report yesterday that they were starting to take the threat much more seriously and only now putting measures in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Christy42

Wombatman wrote: »
    I'm sure they will do this here too :rolleyes:

"Coronavirus: US car insurers refund drivers stuck at home"

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52194521

Not massive refunds all things considered but better than nothing.

Note it is only two insurers. Most drivers would not get a refund unless more join up. Hopefully they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

I think a lot of the Govts work over the next couple of weeks is going to involve softening up Bunker-Bernie and Lockdown-Larry for the easing of restrictions.

Getting small businesses back up and running has to be the absolute No. 1 priority right now.

what softening up do your propose? its been a couple of weeks so far, are you already too far gone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Wombatman wrote: »
    I'm sure they will do this here too :rolleyes:

"Coronavirus: US car insurers refund drivers stuck at home"

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52194521

Know a lad has a dozen or so buses took them off the road insurance company wouldn’t refund him but will take it off next years renewal price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I think a lot of the Govts work over the next couple of weeks is going to involve softening up Bunker-Bernie and Lockdown-Larry for the easing of restrictions.

Getting small businesses back up and running has to be the absolute No. 1 priority right now.

Hopefully most small businesses have been planning in the background about getting up and running under continued social distancing rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Inquitus wrote: »
    I just checked her twitter, more crazy than I can take in a year everything from David Icke to 5G towers causing coronavirus........

The woman is a nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Christy42 wrote: »
    Indeed. It seems like a waste of tests. If someone is well enough to go home have them isolate for a few weeks after symptoms go away. Ensure they are checked up on and if symptoms worsen make a decision to go back in or not.

Either way no benefit to clog up limited testing facilities to have an "official" recovery number. It would be good to see but not worth the cost

Here in Switzerland the recoveries per day has been higher than new cases so it at least shows that the hospitals are emptying. Only thing that I can take from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You forgot 'bedroom-dwellers', you really are a piece of work.

It's either that or you are severely affected by the measures in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Government's don't care about lockdown-larry

It's all about the hospitals ,if they are over run and ICU near full there will be no easing of restrictions .

What happens to road traffic accidents , normal day to day accidents on building sites,where do these people go if the ICU beds are full .

Problem with the covid patients in ICU is they spend on average 21 days in the bed ,,normally it's much lower for other cases needing the beds .

If the figures come right down restrictions will eased ,if not we are all going to be stuck in our houses for a good bit longer unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

petes wrote: »
    You forgot 'bedroom-dwellers', you really are a piece of work.

It's either that or you are severely affected by the measures in place.

Attention seekers are always best ignored .Bit like Corona without a platform they fizzle out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Can anyone find analyses of peopel who did die in terms of their previous diseases (underlying health issues)
    in numbers

not predictions, not estimates, not of infected people, not 'mortality rates' etc

but of people who actually died from 'coronavirus', thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I think absolute no. 1 priority is still health, and should remain same.

Your posts are predictable, boring, irritating and incessant. Please eliminate 3. I am not a crackpot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Friends mum was called back to be a nurse after 25 or so years, tested positive today after about 2/3 weeks of being back. Not around covid patients much either, just occassionaly. Must be rampant in the hospitals (this is CUH).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

GM228 wrote: »
    Average is 3, mean is 2.

Statisticians usually use mean to dictate the midrange in statiatics.

Please tell us how you've calculated the mean here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Friends mum was called back to be a nurse after 25 or so years, tested positive today after about 2/3 weeks of being back. Not around covid patients much either, just occassionaly. Must be rampant in the hospitals (this is CUH).

I hope she's still relatively young, wishing you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Inquitus wrote: »
    I hope she's still relatively young, wishing you all the best.

In her 60's so heres to hoping she will be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

owlbethere wrote: »
    The woman is a nutjob.

Nuttier than squirrel ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why would Spain have a proportionally even higher death rate than Italy then if a large percent of it's population are vaccinated

could it depend on the number of icu beds and when they got overwhelmed?? As will as at what point the started social distancing?what strain of covid they got? How many severe co morbidities per population?
    Everybody please remember the Bcg vacination will not be a cure but possibly help the damping down of symptoms in infections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Nuttier than squirrel ****e

Nuttier than a squirrel with nuts and a snickers in a hazel tree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Japan is in limbo. They want to avoid people to people contact by up to 80% all the while there is a law where they can't impose a lockdown. Public transport will run as normal, companies can't be forced to close and people can't be forced to stay indoors. Tokyo is gonna get out of hand in next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Christy42 wrote: »
    Not massive refunds all things considered but better than nothing.

Note it is only two insurers. Most drivers would not get a refund unless more join up. Hopefully they will.

It’s big enough US car insurance is every 6 months so think of your annual quote every 6 months, and it is rarely less than 4 figures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Japan is in limbo. They want to avoid people to people contact by up to 80% all the while there is a law where they can't impose a lockdown. Public transport will run as normal, companies can't be forced to close and people can't be forced to stay indoors. Tokyo is gonna get out of hand in next few weeks.

Japan also has I believe the oldest population in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why would Spain have a proportionally even higher death rate than Italy then if a large percent of it's population are vaccinated

spain universal bcg 1965 to 1981. fifteen years after Ireland and stopped way earlier also.
    article that might answer.
    https://themazatlanpost.com/2020/04/03/if-i-were-north-american-west-european-australian-i-would-take-bcg-vaccination-now-against-the-novel-coronavirus-pandemic/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

That man-weasel Gove is now in isolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

what softening up do your propose? its been a couple of weeks so far, are you already too far gone

I think of ol' Facehugger as The Wolf of Boards Street.
    This is what he does after he posts :D

HarshInfatuatedBanteng-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Gynoid wrote: »
    I think of ol' Facehugger as The Wolf of Boards Street.
    This is what he does after he posts :D

HarshInfatuatedBanteng-size_restricted.gif

you flatter them to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Is Ireland still testing people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Is Ireland still testing people?

Yes? We're supposed to have increased to 4,500 tests as of yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Yes? We're supposed to have increased to 4,500 tests as of yesterday.

They are fantasy figures, if we have been doing more than 1500 test per day this week i will be surprised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement