Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Michael Gove now self isolating. The UK government is falling apart.

It has been dong that ever since the Brexit referendum. The virus outbreak has just accelerated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

They are fantasy figures, if we have been doing more than 1500 test per day this week i will be surprised.

You won't believe any of the numbers anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Friends mum was called back to be a nurse after 25 or so years, tested positive today after about 2/3 weeks of being back. Not around covid patients much either, just occassionaly. Must be rampant in the hospitals (this is CUH).

She's an absolute hero. People like her and her ilk should have statues built for them when this is said and done. They are literally putting their lives on the line to save others.

I think a poster on another forum summed it up best for me recently when they said the similarities between what they are doing now and what the firefighters did on 9/11 walking into those buildings is laid bare for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Easter Bunny has been given permission to deliver in Ireland according to Simon Harris...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

It has been dong that ever since the Brexit referendum. The virus outbreak has just accelerated it.

Incorrect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Easter Bunny has been given permission to deliver in Ireland according to Simon Harris...

People fucking hate him but he's doing great stuff for kids, his Q&A was good last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

People fucking hate him but he's doing great stuff for kids, his Q&A was good last week too.

The easter bunny is a ****ing stupid ****ing prick alright

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The mean would be 668 and that would be even more meaningless.

Did you mean to say meaningless?

I guess it could not be medianless, as it would be morethanmedian

Anyway, I'm now switching off my mathsmode

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Juwwi wrote: »
    Government's don't care about lockdown-larry

It's all about the hospitals ,if they are over run and ICU near full there will be no easing of restrictions .

What happens to road traffic accidents , normal day to day accidents on building sites,where do these people go if the ICU beds are full .

Problem with the covid patients in ICU is they spend on average 21 days in the bed ,,normally it's much lower for other cases needing the beds .

If the figures come right down restrictions will eased ,if not we are all going to be stuck in our houses for a good bit longer unfortunately.

Yes, the HSE need to be able to handle this disease along side the normal running of a hospital in order for us to go back to normal. When restrictions are lifted there will be more need for hospital for just your average day to day situations that hospitals are needed for. I would think when our healthcare system has the capacity to manage the cases that restrictions will gradually be lifted. Very gradually though. I don’t expect schools to be back by May but that’s just a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Beasty wrote: »
    Did you mean to say meaningless?

I guess it could not be medianless, as it would be morethanmedian

Anyway, I'm now switching off my mathsmode

:P

Average post. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Is one of the reasons the death toll is decreasing in Italy because a high proportion of their vulnerable people are already dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-ireland-can-expect-400-deaths-by-august-1.4223043

Ireland has passed its peak of Covid-19 infections but can expected more than 400 deaths by August, according to new international modelling data published today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

I think we need to guard against being complacent and lifting restrictions to early or leaving them in place to long.

The Chinese data is BS but if you take it as fact then they have take 6 Months or so to really get this thing under control. I doubt they are telling the truth though.

I'll be slaughtered for this but people just want certainty. About events they have planned or holidays etc. For me all of these things should be cancelled at govt level for the next 4 months. Lets see where we are at then.

Amen.

I have a holiday booked for end of May. I don't expect airlines to be operating by then, and even if they were I wouldn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/i-survived-siege-of-jadotville-but-covid-19-made-my-life-flash-before-my-eyes-39104907.html

This man (82) who was interviewed today says he beat the virus by practicing a certain type of breath technique.
    JK Rowling was talking about something similar also on twitter.

Many thanks.

Here is the video posted by JK Rowling on the breathing technique that could prevent patients contracting secondary pneumonia

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

Nikki Haley, former US ambassador to the UN who knows a thing or two about China.

Turns out the Chinese regime are liars, who'd have thought.

They are fantasy figures, if we have been doing more than 1500 test per day this week i will be surprised.

It would advisable that people inform themselves before commenting. We are told that 2000 tests per day going to Germany, and other labs coming on stream within the country, so if this is the case 4500 is entirely feasible if the the facts as communicated from the HSE are true

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Japan is in limbo. They want to avoid people to people contact by up to 80% all the while there is a law where they can't impose a lockdown. Public transport will run as normal, companies can't be forced to close and people can't be forced to stay indoors. Tokyo is gonna get out of hand in next few weeks.

Very different culture to us. They will all have to wear masks and are very hygienic. For example in Japan it’s bad manners to wear shoes into someone’s house. They also would have better hand hygiene and social distancing due to SARS. I suspect the issues of accessibility to masks for everyone is not an issue. Healthcare staff would likely be already trained how to use PPE properly with more access to it than we have. They likely won’t have waited as long as us to order these.

I feel masks massively reduces the spread of this and is likely as important as washing hands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I have 2 weeks booked in Lanzarote that I expect will be happening.

The 2 weeks will happen regardless alright, whether you'll be there or not depends on when you have them booked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,568 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I have 2 weeks booked in Lanzarote that I expect will be happening.

You should start swimming now so :rolleyes:

bennyl10 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-ireland-can-expect-400-deaths-by-august-1.4223043

Ireland has passed its peak of Covid-19 infections but can expected more than 400 deaths by August, according to new international modelling data published today.

Thats roughly half what was estimated pre-outbreak here

But can they keep up this level of lockdown until augest?

• Advertisement

Wow this is fantastic news! Does this mean we have handled this really well and are over the worst of it? That is absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Nikki Haley, former US ambassador to the UN who knows a thing or two about China.

Turns out the Chinese regime are liars, who'd have thought.

She's angling to be Trumps VP take anything she says with a pinch of salt.

If true, this is an outstanding result for the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Paywall so cannot read - but how? Why does the threat go away and result in *just* 400 more deaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

gabeeg wrote: »
    The easter bunny is a ****ing stupid ****ing prick alright

Now now, just because you were bold last year and he didn't bring you any eggs doesn't mean you get to call him these names. If he reads this I can only imagine what he might leave on your bed this Sunday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

dinorebel wrote: »

She's been consistent on this. She's also criticised Trump on a number of occasions.

She dictated all the terms when Trump approached her for UN Ambassador. She initially refused and then only accepted when he met all her demands.

She's a strong lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Paywall so cannot read - but how? Why does the threat go away and result in *just* 400 more deaths?

“Peak resource use of hospital and ICU beds passed on April 4th, while peak deaths passed on April 6th, according to the data published by the Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington in the US.

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

owlbethere wrote: »
    Oh my god, that Gemma o Doherty is a nutcase. Just watched a video that she probably recorded where she was shouting at a Garda saying that he is intimidating people who have a right to be out and getting fresh air.

I loved the bit where she kept bleating on about representing the people of Ireland. Guard: You don't represent the people of Ireland. Gemma: Oh, we'll see about that (as she scurries away - possibly to determine whether 2% could be said to be representing the people of Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

dinorebel wrote: »

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Saying China has been fiddling the numbers is no revelation. I guarantee you there isn't a western government that doesn't suspect the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭threeball

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement