Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Coralcoras wrote: »
    On of my sister’s GP practice Covid19 Positive patients is walking into shops without a mask - she is not a doctor she’s admin. So there’s confidentiality issues. What would she do - she’s asking me here on messenger. I’m livid to say the least

This person and everyone else going of to their holiday homes is exactly the reason why we need further restrictions and preferably fines as well. The country is going into a recession, let these idiots pay up for their ****ty actions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Varadkar has done an infinitely superior job than Trump as a leader of a country in crisis. As a human being too.

In fairness that`s a very low bar to get over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Glenomra wrote: »
    Sweden remains an enigma. Limited restrictions and virus under as much control as most countries with tight lockdown. Looks like they got it right.

I would wager we are closer to the finishing line than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Sweden remains an enigma. Limited restrictions and virus under as much control as most countries with tight lockdown. Looks like they got it right.

A jump from 15 deaths 3 days ago to 114 today.
    Only time will tell if they got this right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

H5bxyrL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Varadkar has done an infinitely superior job than Trump as a leader of a country in crisis. As a human being too.
    Ok so you are a Varadkar lover, what about the others? Macron, Sanchez, Conte?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Here we go, spin spin spin. Presume I'm going to be called a bot next. Yawn.

Expected that reply.

It's not airborne in the sense that if your out walking on your own with nobody else around you then you womt get it. Airborne in a hospital setting is different, but sure what would I know, spin spin spin

It’s 20 cases in an OFFICE can you read? Do you think that they all coughed in each other’s faces?
    You called me juvenile. Thanks for the attempted insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

They've made an absolute balls of it
    Maybe everyone does in the end but right now when compared to other small countries and neighbouring countries there a perfect example of what not to do

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Louisiana is a good place to compare with Ireland . Roughly same land mass, roughly same population.
    They were packing the beaches lately, and some churches still packing em in.
    They have 14800 cases, and 512 deaths, and yet to up date today.

We're doing a lot better, so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

92664308_2990244431042059_7587143579030519808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQmZR7yEhArM3kNywJyjydjkogiYdd-yTw8zMSlONrseARvBjaZK5_CwgZKYv10iNWYQkskIcI35jwC-nQ1DkdBO&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=0d91edaae1308105598c4580d96830b4&oe=5EB19970

Could you send me this in facebook as when I try to send image to my brother in law it comes up as a jumble of an url and protected for some reason. Or how do I find this without the facebook restriction.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

It’s 20 cases in an OFFICE can you read? Do you think that they all coughed in each other’s faces?
    You realise airborne can refer to a droplet going into the air then dropping on something?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Could you send me this in facebook as when I try to send image to my brother in law it comes up as a jumble of an url and protected for some reason. Or how do I find this without the facebook restriction.

Social-Distancing-240x300.jpg

https://bisa.dk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Social-Distancing-240x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Where did I say juvenile ? I can read thanks, where was the insult ??

Again anyone argues with you its spin. Thanks for proving my point

You realise airborne can refer to a droplet going into the air then dropping on something?

Which is what I was trying to say but no that doesn't fit in with their thinking. You'll be told your putting out spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Briefing due up shortly on RTE News now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

No it does not remain an enigma. An almost 25% increase in deaths today is not what I would call a great success, it is the highest increase in death rate on the continent. As you would expect in the country with the most relaxed policy, they will experience a massive death toll like the UK, per capita they experienced a similar number of deaths today as the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

36. Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nermal wrote: »
    I do fear that this appears to be the emerging strategy.
    In the absence of a vaccine / cure it is the only strategy that somewhat prevents loss of life/collapse of the medical system while allowing the economy to limp along.
    It’s not being articulated, because it will not gain public acceptance.
    I suspect that this strategy is discussed EU-wide, if not worldwide in the relevant circles. It is definitely part of a stategy paper of the German ministry of the interior that was quietly leaked about a week ago, never denied and is since slowly making its way around the internet (it's the mother of all TLDR's...hence the slow spread).

To me personally it makes a lot of sense as the only scientific socio-economic solution until a vaccine/cure is found and distributed worldwide.
    I wonder how poor we will be when we realise it’s a mistake.
    The world and the world economy will certainly be a different place once this is over, but that doesn't necessarily have to be all bad.

Yes we were "rich" before this...but we got rich on the back of a lot of sacrifice/compromise. From the globalised economy that trades independence for cheap tat and cheap labour via plundering of resources and mountains of waste down to families where both parents have to work their asses off to be able to afford to hand over their kids to other people while they never quite make the mortgage down-payment.

This is a crisis, no doubt. But it is also a massive opportunity to re-think what is really important in life and to redirect a few signposts on the road forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

BREAKING: A further 36 people are confirmed to have sadly died from #Covid19 in the Republic. 345 new cases confirmed today too. It now brings the death toll to 210 while the number of confirmed cases stands at 5,709 #StayHomeSaveLives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Andrew00 wrote: »
    36. Jesus

We’re not out of the woods yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

redarmy wrote: »
    BREAKING: A further 36 people are confirmed to have sadly died from #Covid19 in the Republic. 345 new cases confirmed today too. It now brings the death toll to 210 while the number of confirmed cases stands at 5,709 #StayHomeSaveLives

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

36 deaths
    345 confirmed cases

Christ. RIP to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Only 6% increase, good.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

GP's have alot to answer for in regards testing. When the HSE relaxed the criteria and allowed GP's to refer people to get swabbed we quickly had 40k people looking for swabs.
    GP's refereed anyone with a runny nose for a swab.

They also need to answer for the trolley crisis. This pandemic has shown us that we dont have a trolley crisis, we have a primary care crisis. We've GP's referring any ailment to the emergency department.
    The week before the pubs were closed the HSE issued a warning to not attend the emergency unless absolute necessary. Within days the trolley count reduced by nearly 70%.

Mention of the trolley crisis has disappeared from the media. Were did all the supposedly sick people go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

RIP to the 36 people who passed away.

27 in east, 6 north and 3 south. 19 males and 17 females.

• Advertisement

RIP to all.
    Let's see what the ICU numbers are at now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement